Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The Finland facility management market is expected to register a CAGR of 1.2% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Facility management (FM) is a profession that encompasses multiple disciplines to ensure comfort, functionality, efficiency, and safety of the built environment by integrating people, process, place, and technology.
- In terms of digital maturity and penetration of technology, the facilities management market lags behind other tasks such as production equipment maintenance. Although technology is available for facilities management, a lack of digital skills inside the department, other leadership priorities, and an emphasis on constant cost-cutting have all stymied adoption.
- These considerations have made the facilities management outsourcing industry appealing to prominent suppliers who were already involved in this role, either directly or indirectly. In order to gain a larger share of the market, several incumbents have developed an integrated facilities management offering.
- Furthermore, the demand for facility management solutions and services is declining due to the COVID-19 outbreak. Due to reduced business operations in many sectors, there is a massive decline in the production and supply of raw materials, including transportation, manufacturing, and real estate. This leads to a reduction in the demand for FM services in these areas. The employees are not willing to work even with raw materials due to the fear of a pandemic.
- However, with the regular resuming of business operations after the lockdown, facility management solutions and services are increasing due to the requirement of workplace management in the organizations. Additionally, FM providers have been experiencing staff shortages due to various factors that include lockdown restrictions, furloughing self-isolation, and illness.
Scope of the Report
The Findland facility management market is segmented by type of facility management (in-house facility management and outsourced facility management), offering type (hard FM and soft FM), and end-user (commercial, institutional, public/infrastructure, and industrial).
|By Type of Facility Management|
|Inhouse Facility Management|
|By Offering Type|
Key Market Trends
Government and Public Entities sector is expected to be the fastest growing
- This sector covers government office buildings, including federal, state, and local levels, defense facilities, justice departments, office buildings for administrative work, parks, and other public spaces administered by government departments. In addition, the infrastructure comprises facilities covering land, air, and water transportation.
- The government buildings in the country use services such as fire alarms and safety, energy management solutions, CCTV monitoring services, and other integrated facility management services.
- In terms of the end-user demand, the contribution of the public sector to the facility management market in the United Kingdom is more significant than in any other part of Europe. This is primarily driven by the constrained budgets provided by the government that leads to the continuous outsourcing of essential facility management services.
- Furthermore, bundled services contracts are poised to benefit from the public spending cuts, as the public sector customers are looking to reduce the suppliers and cut costs. This is also in line with the developments in various public sector bodies that are continually improving their operations.
- Additionally, in July 2021, Helsinki Airport (HEL) took part in a pilot of an autonomous electric street sweeper. Finnish street maintenance technology developer Trombia Technologies in partnership with facility services company ISS Finland are trialing the vehicle in the areas around HEL’s Terminal 1 and P3 parking area.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Other End-user industries is expected to hold the largest market share
- The food and beverage industry is extremely regulated, but the level of reliable quality that keeps people choosing requires compliance. Companies in the region provide highly specialized services that keep other firms operating securely and at peak efficiency from the food production floors to the distribution center when service space is cared for with stringent standards and meticulous outcomes.
- For instance, ISS Facility Services is continuing the five-year partnership signed recently with the international production company in the food and beverage segment. The partnership covers Integrated Facility Services at offices, warehouses, and production facilities in 20 countries across Europe and may have more than 2,000 employees working on the contract, which may run for five years.
- An increase in disposable income among people in Europe has propelled the growth of the tourism industry, which finds substantial applications in the facility management market in the region. The constant growth in the tourism sector is adding more importance to the European facilities management market. These services are particularly utilized at airports, restaurants, hotels, and entertainment centers.
- The FM assists the tourists by rendering a satisfactory customer experience to attract potential and retain new customers. However, the FM market was impacted in the hospitality sector due to the spread of COVID-19 and is expected to recover in the forecast period.
- Moreover, the defense sector continues to demand uncompromising excellence from its service providers, despite the significant cost pressures faced by the armed forces and associated organizations. For instance, firms like Vinci Facilities have built successful partnerships with organizations of every size, from schools, hospitals, social housing, government departments, and local authorities to utilities, retail, manufacturing, and leisure.
The Finland facility management market is highly competitive with the presence of diverse firms of different sizes. This market is anticipated to encounter a number of partnerships, mergers, and acquisitions as organizations continue to invest strategically in offsetting the present slowdowns that they are experiencing. The clients in this region are employing FM services to increase the ease of their business operations. The market comprises key solutions and service providers, such as Rapal Oy, SGS SA, ISS Group, Coor Group, and Apleona HSG A/S.
- November 2021 - Apleona took over the technical facility management for Opernplatz XIV. The agreed services include maintenance, operation, inspection, and repair measures of the technical facilities. Apleona would be replacing the energy service provider Engie, which was responsible for technical facility management at Opernplatz XIV until April 2021.
- June 2021 - Caverion and PostNord entered into a long-term facility management partnership in the Nordic region. PostNord provides communications and logistics solutions, whereas Caverion offers technical maintenance and customer center services at over 100 locations in Sweden, Denmark, and Finland.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness- Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitutes
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Construction Boom From Growing Multinational Conglomerates
5.1.2 Renewed Emphasis on Workplace Optimization
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 Diminishing Profit Margins In Facility Management Market
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Type of Facility Management
6.1.1 Inhouse Facility Management
6.1.2 Outsourced Facility Management
184.108.40.206 Single FM
220.127.116.11 Bundled FM
18.104.22.168 Integrated FM
6.2 By Offering Type
6.2.1 Hard FM
6.2.2 Soft FM
6.3 By End-User
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Rapal Oy
7.1.2 SGS SA
7.1.3 ISS Group
7.1.4 Coor Group
7.1.5 Apleona HSG A/S
7.1.6 Lassila & Tikanoja
7.1.7 Sodexo Oy
7.1.8 Jones Lang LaSalle IP Inc.
7.1.10 FMHOUSE SL
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Finland Facility Management Market market is studied from 2020 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Finland Facility Management Market?
The Finland Facility Management Market is growing at a CAGR of 1.2% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in Finland Facility Management Market?
Rapal Oy, SGS SA, ISS Group, Coor Group, Apleona HSG A/S are the major companies operating in Finland Facility Management Market.