Europe is the market leader for waste to energy market. The region accounted for more than 60 per cent of the total market share in the last few years continuously. The consumption habits of modern consumer life cycles are causing a huge worldwide waste problem. Having overfilled local landfill capacities, many first world nations are now exporting their refuse to third world countries. This is having a devastating impact on ecosystems and cultures throughout the world. Some alternative energy companies are developing new ways to recycle waste by generating electricity from landfill waste and pollution. This report explores global waste to energy technology and potential.
With rapid industrialization, the world has seen the development of a number of items or units, which generate heat. Until now this heat has often been treated as a waste, making people wonder if this enormous heat being generated can be transformed into a source of electric power.
Thermo-photovoltaic (TPV) cells are great for converting radiation from any heat source to power. These cells can generate power from the wasted heat which gets released when glass or steel is produced. Adding these TPV cells to domestic power systems can help generate power along with heating water.
With each passing day, scientists are coming out with unique solutions to lessen our dependence on fossil fuels. They are now thinking of turning stray forms of energy such as noise or random vibrations from the environment into useful form of energy. They want to use piezoelectric effect for such purposes. Some materials produce electricity while undergoing mechanical stress. This is known as piezoelectric effect. Small piezoelectric crystals can come up with enough voltage to create a spark which can be utilized to ignite gas.
Going by the statistics, every year 11 billion pounds of poultry industry waste accumulates annually, because the world have gigantic appetite for poultry products. They can't be stuffed into pillows. Mostly they are utilized as low-grade animal feed. Scientists in Nevada have created a new and environmentally friendly process for developing biodiesel fuel from 'chicken feather meal'.
What the Report Offers
· Market definition for the specified topic along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
· Market analysis for the global waste to energy market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
· Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
· Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their share of markets.
· Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the global waste to energy market on both global and regional scale.
· A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
1. Executive Summary
2. Research Methodology
3. Market Overview
3.2 Markets Covered
3.3 Market Demand by 2021
3.4 Recent Developments
3.5 Government Policies and Regulations
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Ability to Convert Different Types of Waste into Energy
4.1.2 Low Emissions
4.1.3 Replacement of GE 6, 7, 9 Series Gas Turbines
4.1.4 Government Support
4.2.1 Landfill and incineration cheaper in Developing Countries
4.2.2 High Cost of Installation
4.2.3 Negative Public Image of Waste to Energy Plants
4.3.1 Reduce Land Fill
4.3.2 Convert Garbage into Syngas
5. Waste to Energy Value Chain Analysis
6. Porter’s Five Force Analysis
6.1 Bargaining Power of Supplier
6.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
6.3 Threat of New Entrants
6.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
6.5 Degree of Competition
7. Waste to Energy Market Analysis, by Type
7.2 Plasma Gasification
7.3 Thermal Gasification
8. Waste to Energy Market Analysis, by Application
8.2 Stationary Power
8.3 Portable Power
9. Key Company Analysis
9.1 Westinghouse Plasma Corp.
9.2 ANDRITZ Energy & Environment GmbH
9.3 Kompogas Axpo AG
9.4 Velocys plc
9.7 Keppel Seghers
9.8 GGI Energy
10. Competitive Landscape
10.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
10.2 Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
10.3 Market Share Analysis