Europe Palletizer Market Size
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
Europe Palletizer Market Analysis
Europe Palletizer Market is expected to grow by registering a CAGR of about 11.9 % during the forecast period. The market during the study period is anticipated to be driven by the rising demand for high-quality consumer goods and, more important, packaging processes that incorporate features like weighing, counting, sorting, labeling, metal detection, and wrapping.
- Palletizer is one of the significant pieces of equipment among the primary advanced automated material handling systems. Organizations are raising their expectations for workforce flexibility and safety; a shift is happening from manual to automation in operations.
- In distribution centers, warehouses, and industrial facilities, the pallet construction process is automated using robotic or traditional palletizers, depending on the situation. Different technologies are integrated according to usage, which enables manufacturers to create optimal pallets.
- Additionally, the lockdown in Germany is causing a rise in the demand for grocery capacity, which is anticipated to boost the palletizer market because manufacturing facilities were forced to speed up production. An increase in capacity will also increase the need for automation and sophisticated machinery.
- The pharmaceutical sector also plays an essential role in the palletizer industry. Fully automatic palletizers are used for unattended pharmaceutical production. Supported by the European pharmaceutical industries, the sector is booming.
- The growing interest and demand for certified beauty products in Europe drive the growth of palletizers in the cosmetic industry. The development of palletizers in the personal care sector is fueled by the K-beauty trends with its whimsical and innovative packaging.
- The maintenance cost is anticipated to constrain the development of robotic palletizers during the study period. The adoption of robotic palletizers, which includes high switching costs, and the high cost of maintaining and deploying automation systems, present further challenges to the growth of the palletizer market.
- Due to the breakout of the COVID-19 pandemic, many manufacturing facilities in the FMCG sector have undergone increased pressure, and they had to speed up their process production. According to a survey done by Packaging Europe, 87% of the respondents answered that to maintain the supply chain productivity and social distancing, they had started different shifts, and 22% claimed that they had to incorporate automation to keep the process. This shows that the pandemic helped this market to grow exponentially.
Europe Palletizer Industry Segmentation
- An automatic palletizer is a machine that enables the automatic stacking of goods and products. It also allows the depalletizing or unloading of goods. The scope of the study is currently focused Europe. The study tracks the key market parameters, underlying growth influencers, and major vendors operating in the industry. The study also tracks the impact of COVID-19 on the overall workforce management software market and it performance.
- The Europe Palletizer Market is segmented by Type (Conventional, Robotic), End-user Vertical (Food & Beverages, Pharmaceuticals, Personal Care & Cosmetics, Chemicals), and Country.
|Food & Beverages|
|Personal Care & Cosmetics|
Europe Palletizer Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Europe Palletizer Market according to our research experts:
Food and Beverage Industry to Hold a Major Share
- In the food and beverage packaging industry, palletizers are most preferred and beneficial due to their low cost, high throughput rate, and small footprint. The packaging is preferred among consumers and retailers as it is less weight and can preserve food for a long; the perishable rate is relatively low in palletizer packaging. It is vital for every industry as it is helpful at the end of the product line.
- The need for palletizers in the food and beverage sector is growing, and this sector will significantly impact market revenue. As government regulations tighten over time and retailer rivalry in the market increases, the demand for automation and palletizing robots is rising quickly in the food and beverages industry.
- Additionally, people are now highly concerned about environmentally friendly packaging. The Consumer Price Index for food and non-alcoholic beverages is also increasing, significantly increasing the need for automation machinery in the food and beverage sector.
- Moreover, ABB provides various measurement products, control systems, drives, PLCs, and power conditioning to ensure flexibility and coordination throughout packaging and palletizing operations in the food and beverage industry. ABB has been continuously focusing on developing packaging technologies in palletizing automation solutions.
- The growth in the manufacturing industries is helping the demand for automation to increase, resulting in the need for flexible machinery. The European beverage and food industry is subjected to various EU and national regulations concerning food nutrition, health, safety, innovation, import, and export. The industry is also facing issues in getting high-skilled staff. These factors are responsible for adopting automation in the food and beverage industry.
- The growth of this segment is driven by emerging economies, i.e., Gulf Region, where the demand for pharmaceuticals and food is very high, moreover the government regulations regarding CRP (Child-resistant Packaging) for drugs. i.e., food and beverages, paracetamol, aspirin, and contraceptives are boosting the demand for palletizers and food packaging machinery in the United Kingdom.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Robotic Palletizers is Expected to Hold Significant Share
- A robotic palletizing system is a wise choice to improve accuracy, dependability, and efficiency in light of rising labor costs, the requirement for safe working environments, and maintaining operations with the most cutting-edge technology. Robotic palletizers can be configured in many ways to accommodate various product types and applications and different infeed and discharge configurations.
- Germany, following other EU Countries is one of the leading markets in the industry 4.0 trend due to their adoption of automation technologies in manufacturing facilities to increase efficiency. The goal of this project is to offer robotic palletizing options. Additionally, the nation is creating a flexible robotic palletizer that can pick products off a conveyor on various levels and handle one or more units simultaneously, depending on pallet arrangement. Robotic palletizing technologies can easily accommodate different pallet patterns and product varieties.
- Moreover, The country is very interested in automation, Palletizer offers robot models specially designed for high-speed, low-range, and heavy payload palletizing. A variety of software options helps the user to quickly generate pallet patterns and check the status of the palletizing systems. It is a demanding application for stacking cases, cartons, bags, bottles, and boxes into pallets.
- Robotic palletizers benefit sectors that use a manual labor for repetitive processes like loading/unloading items, packaging, and palletizing by offering a practical solution to save operational costs and enhance job productivity. The market's future potential is growing as a result of the rapid rise in demand in industries including food and beverage, healthcare, and others around the world.
- Industries like pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, personal care, and chemicals also prefer Robotic palletizing over other packaging. In addition, for several years, the market for robotic palletizers has been dominated by the food and beverage sector.
- The usage of packaging for goods that have been shipped around the world has been influenced by the growing demand for food and beverage products. Because these palletizers can readily balance the loads, the dynamic shipment of food products without damage or spills raises the demand for robotic palletizers in the market, which is anticipated to drive that demand.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Europe Palletizer Industry Overview
The Europe palletizer market is competitive because of the presence of many players running their businesses within national and international boundaries. The market is highly fragmented with the presence of major players like Abb Ltd, Beumer Group GmbH & Co. KG, Honeywell International Inc., KION Group AG, Krones AG, Sidel, Yaskawa Electric Corp., Barry-wehmiller Companies Inc., among others.
- August 2022 - At POWTECH, the BEUMER Group will demonstrate its expertise in conveying, loading, filling, palletizing, and packaging of building materials, cement, and (petro)chemical products. The BEUMER Group has now redesigned its paletpac palletizing series and the BEUMER stretch hood packaging machine. The modular design reduces the number of components, which has a decisive influence on spare parts and delivery times.
- June 2022 - Aetna Group, one of the leading companies in the production of end-of-line packaging machines and systems (through its Business Units Robopac and Ocme), has acquired the German company Meypack. This operation is part of Aetna Group's strategic plan to grow externally, to establish a production presence in countries with a manufacturing vocation, and to expand the product range in the food and personal care sector.
- July 2021- ABB to acquire ASTI Mobile Robotics Group (ASTI), a leading global autonomous mobile robot (AMR) manufacturer with a broad portfolio across all major applications enabled by the company’s software suite. This will expand ABB’s robotics and automation offering, making it the only company to offer a complete portfolio for the next generation of flexible automation.
Europe Palletizer Market Leaders
Beumer Group GmbH & Co. KG
Honeywell International Inc.
KION Group AG
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Europe Palletizer Market News
- October 2022 - KUKA brings the first intelligent bin-picking system to market. KUKA.SmartBinPicking software and associated components equip KUKA robots to bin-pick specific parts. For the first time, this automation solution is available as a vision toolkit package, which makes it easier to integrate into the production
- September 2022 - BEUMER Group, one of the leading global suppliers of automated material handling systems, has been awarded a contract by Otto Group, a German mail-order company and currently one of the world’s biggest e-commerce companies, which will open a new dispatch center in Central Europe with complete end-to-end automation.
- June 2022 - The Concetti company introduces cartesian palletizers. Cartesian palletizer: the whole range by Concetti stand out for its high reliability, precision, and level of customization. Cartesian palletizers are used when high working speed and positioning accuracy are needed. They are simple, reliable, and flexible systems that require minimal overall volume and are suitable for the most diverse types of products.
Europe Palletizer Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3.5 Threat of Substitutes
4.4 Assessment of COVID-19 impact on the industry
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Growing demand from food and beverages Sector
5.1.2 Rising demand for high-quality consumer goods and adoption of robotic palletizers
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 High maintenance and equipment costs
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Type
6.2 End-user Vertical
6.2.1 Food & Beverages
6.2.3 Personal Care & Cosmetics
6.3 By Country
6.3.4 United Kingdom
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Key Vendor Profiles
7.1.1 Beumer Group GmbH & Co. KG
7.1.2 Honeywell International Inc.
7.1.3 ABB Ltd
7.1.4 KION Group AG
7.1.5 Krones AG
7.1.6 Kuka AG
7.1.7 Concetti S.P.A
7.1.8 Aetnagroup Spa
7.1.9 Fuji Robotics Americas
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Europe Palletizer Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Europe Palletizer Market is studied from 2021 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Europe Palletizer Market?
The Europe Palletizer Market is growing at a CAGR of 12% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in Europe Palletizer Market?
Beumer Group GmbH & Co. KG, Honeywell International Inc., ABB Ltd, KION Group AG, Krones AG are the major companies operating in Europe Palletizer Market.
Europe Palletizer Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Europe Palletizer market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Europe Palletizer analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.