Europe Automotive Seat Industry Overview
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Europe Automotive Seat Market Analysis
- Currently, the Europe automotive seat market is valued at USD 11 billion in 2021. It is expected to reach USD 18 billion in the next five years, registering a CAGR of around 5.2% during the forecast period.
- The COVID-19 pandemic severely impacted the automobile industry as many countries imposed lockdowns. The subsequent disruptions among supply chains led to a decline in production operations and even temporarily stopped the flow of raw materials and finished goods, halting manufacturing. The automotive sector is cautiously looking forward to growing in the post-pandemic period. As many economies are recovering, the industry is expected to witness positive growth in the coming years.
- Over the long term, the rising vehicle sales are expected to boost automotive seat production to meet the increasing demand. Increasing passenger comfort has become one of the most important considerations in the passenger car market, and seats are significant in this aspect.
- Consumer demand for safety and comfort in automobiles is a vital factor driving the changes in the manufacturing of automotive seats. Luxurious, comfortable, and safe automotive seating systems are gaining preference among consumers, which, in turn, is prompting OEMs to seek automotive seats that could satisfy consumer expectations.
- Growing concerns about the use of plastic and plastic disposal are causing automotive seat manufacturers to invest heavily in the research and development of new materials for manufacturing automotive seats.
- The powered seat and ventilated seat segments are expected to record a high growth rate because of the rising sales of luxury vehicles and the increasing adoption of such seats in mid-segment cars. Ventilated seats help in temperature regulation, which helps in reducing energy emissions through air conditioners, sunroofs, etc. Increased awareness about the intelligent seating solutions offered by manufacturers has enhanced the perceived quality.
Europe Automotive Seat Industry Segments
A seat belt is a vehicle safety device meant to protect the driver and occupants of a vehicle from extreme movement caused by a collision or sudden halt. A seat belt reduces the likelihood of death or serious injury during a crash by reducing the force of subsequent impacts with interior striking risks. Many nations have made it necessary to wear seat belts when travelling and have imposed severe monetary penalties on anyone who does not comply. Seat belts are classified into six types: belt-in-seat, two-point belt, three-point belt, four-point belt, five-point belt, and six-point belt.
The Europe automotive seat market is segmented by material (leather, fabric, and other materials), technology (standard seats, powered seats, ventilated seats, child safety seats, and other seats), vehicle type (passenger car and commercial vehicle), and geography (Germany, United Kingdom, Italy, France, Netherlands, Spain, and Rest of Europe).
The report offers the market sizes and forecasts in value (USD billion) for all the above segments.
|Child Safety Seats|
|By Vehicle Type|
|Rest of Europe|
Europe Automotive Seat Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Europe Automotive Seat Market according to our research experts:
Increase in Electric Vehicle Production
- Over the years, the demand for lightweight seats has been rising. With concerns about fuel efficiency, the seats are focused on cutting down weight to aid the performance of vehicles. Additionally, sustainability is gradually becoming a key factor influencing consumer decisions. This pervasive trend is estimated to boost the demand for lightweight automotive seats to produce fuel-efficient and high-performance vehicles.
- Heated seats are gaining prominence in Europe due to climatic conditions as they offer better comfort and convenience than conventional seats. On the other hand, powered seats are also seeing an apparent demand, especially in premium luxury vehicles. This trend will likely continue during the forecast period because of rising consumer purchasing power in emerging economies and increasing demand for SUVs and luxury vehicles.
- The factor likely to fuel the demand in the Europe automotive seat industry is the growing production of electric vehicles. Ventilated seats, which are used in electric vehicles, may witness a demand surge in the future as more customers start purchasing electric vehicles. Among the European countries, the Netherlands and Norway have been the leading markets in the electric vehicle industry, and the demand for ventilated seats is likely to witness significant growth over the forecast period in the region.
- Top-tier companies are making heavy investments in the R&D of automotive seats to meet the demand by offering the latest features. Also, autonomous cars are revolutionizing seating arrangements and car interiors.
- For instance, Following the boom of 2020, electric car sales in Europe increased by more than 65% year on year to 2.3 million in 2021. Even if the broader car market has not yet fully recovered from the epidemic, EV sales have remained high.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Germany Captures the Major Market Share
- Germany leads the Europe automotive seat market, followed by Spain and France. Europe has the potential capability to manufacture advanced seats, which led the region to capture a significant share of automotive seat exports in the global market. Regarding seat manufacturing capabilities by country, Germany dominates the major share in the production of seats in Europe, followed by the United Kingdom and the Czech Republic.
- With major carmakers in the region, automotive seats also have significant production facilities across the country. Germany has the largest and most industrious economy in Europe. Germany's automotive seat market reflected a steady growth trajectory in 2021 despite weak market sentiment in overall car sales. The overall car sales of the country decreased by around 10.1% in 2021 compared to 2020. Being home to the largest automotive seat manufacturers, Germany leads the way both in terms of production and revenue. For instance,
- In June 2022, Grammer AG (Grammer) announced the establishment of the Ergolab at its headquarters in Ursensollen, Germany, to produce ergonomic and comfortable seats. Team members at the Ergolab work on research and pre-development projects, as well as rigorous comfort and ergonomic testing on prototype and series production seats and components.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Europe Automotive Seat Market Competitor Analysis
The Europe automotive seat market is consolidated and majorly dominated by a few players, such as Adient PLC, Faurecia, and others. The market is highly driven by factors like advanced technology, more comfort, growing investment in R&D projects, and a growing market of electric and autonomous vehicles around the region. To provide a more luxurious experience to the people, major automotive seat manufacturers are investing in R&D.
For instance, in 2022, Adient PLCs displayed an AI18 demonstration for a full seating concept for Level 4 autonomous ride-sharing cars. The AI18 delivers optimal seating configurations, usage options, and technology to users to improve mobility experiences and allow efficient, comfortable, and safe travel. Moreover, the company is also developing AI 17 and AI 18 for a better mobility experience.
Europe Automotive Seat Market Top Players
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Europe Automotive Seat Market Recent Developments
- November, 2022: Daewon Precision Ind. Co., Ltd. (Daewon Precision) announced the completion of a new plant of car seats for the Hyundai Genesis brand which will be produced at the brand-new Daewon Premium Mechanism (DPM) plant. It will also provide seat components for the Genesis brand of electric vehicles (EVs), whose mass production is expected to begin in or after 2025.
- October, 2022: Lear Corporation opened its new manufacturing facility in Meknes. The new plant, which was constructed on an area of 54,000 square meters including 18,200 square meters dedicated to the production and required an investment of USD 18.2 million enabled the creation of more than 2,000 direct jobs that would grow to 2,600 jobs in 2023.
- April 2022, The Grenadier is offered as a two-seat utility wagon and a five-seat station wagon, according to INEOS Automotive. Its straightforward model lineup allows consumers to simply pick and customize their ideal Grenadier with a broad selection of options and extras. The Grenadier utility wagon has commercial vehicle certification. It has a full-height cargo barrier and a full-length level floor that can accommodate a normal Euro pallet. The regular five-seat Grenadier wtation wagon is also commercially approved and equipped with a cargo barrier.
Europe Automotive Seat Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Drivers
4.2 Market Restraints
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION (Value in USD Billion/Million)
5.1 By Material
5.1.3 Other Materials
5.2 By Technology
5.2.1 Standard Seats
5.2.2 Powered Seats
5.2.3 Ventilated Seats
5.2.4 Child Safety Seats
5.2.5 Other Seats
5.3 By Vehicle Type
5.3.1 Passenger Car
5.3.2 Commercial Vehicle
5.4.2 United Kingdom
5.4.7 Rest of Europe
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Vendor Market Share
6.2 Company Profiles
6.2.1 Adient PLC
6.2.3 Groclin SA
6.2.4 Recaro Group
6.2.5 Lear Corporation
6.2.6 Sparco SpA
6.2.7 Brose Fahrzeugteile GmbH & Co. KG
6.2.10 RENATO Auto Spezialsitze GmbH
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Europe Automotive Seat Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Europe Automotive Seat Market market is studied from 2017 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Europe Automotive Seat Market?
The Europe Automotive Seat Market is growing at a CAGR of 5.2% over the next 5 years.
What is Europe Automotive Seat Market size in 2017?
The Europe Automotive Seat Market is valued at 11 Billion USD in 2017.
What is Europe Automotive Seat Market size in 2027?
The Europe Automotive Seat Market is valued at 18 Billion USD in 2027.
Who are the key players in Europe Automotive Seat Market?
Adient PLC, Faurecia, Groclin S.A, Recaro Group, Lear Corporation are the major companies operating in Europe Automotive Seat Market.
Europe Automotive Seat Industry Reports
In-depth industry statistics and market share insights of the Europe Automotive Seat sector for 2020, 2021, and 2022. The Europe Automotive Seat research report provides a comprehensive outlook of the market size and an industry growth forecast for 2023 to 2028. Available to download is a free sample file of the Europe Automotive Seat report PDF.