Enterprise Collaboration Market Size
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
Enterprise Collaboration Market Analysis
The enterprise collaboration market was valued at USD 47.24 billion in 2021 and is expected to register a CAGR of over 10.7% during the forecast period (2022 - 2027). Enterprises are utilizing advanced tools, such as virtual reality, robotic process automation, and artificial intelligence bots, to augment internal productivity and promote better employee communication. According to Goldman Sachs, the virtual and augmented reality market's enterprise and public sector segments are expected to account for around USD 16.1 billion by 2025. Virtual reality companies, such as RealSense and DORA, offer immersive experiences for the boardroom.
- Enterprise collaboration tools help organizations by providing seamless communication between employees and improving their operational efficiency and productivity, helping them meet their business goals. Enterprise collaboration tools provide data synchronization and collaboration solutions across organizations and include features such as checking official emails, calendars, and contacts. Furthermore, video conferencing helps to give the employees more engaging communication and sharing of ideas.
- Advanced technologies such as AI and ML are being implemented into enterprise collaboration tools to enhance collaborative capabilities. AI-based enterprise collaboration tools can track the activities of employees and the contents being shared and are used to deliver anticipated business insights to the employees and help get the work done quicker by correlating visual analytics with production checkpoints such as consumer behavior, employee retention, office utilization, and performance optimization.
- The cloud-based deployment of workloads is anticipated to be primarily driven by the consistent growth in the generated data. Various end-user industries are dealing with a massive volume of data being generated. The data centers are more suited for an organization that has to run many applications and complex workloads for enterprise collaboration. It also enables high productivity, with access to real-time data with all application tools.
- The growing usage of mobile devices to operate numerous social networking platforms boosts the enterprise collaboration market growth. It is observed that few people access social networking sites via computers, while most people use smartphones to access these websites. For Instance, In 2021, more than 80% of the users in the U.S. accessed their smartphones to respond to emails or operate social networking platforms. Furthermore, emerging economies, such as China and India, are also experiencing a similar trend, owing to the increasing usage of smartphones due to their easy accessibility. These advantages are propelling the growth of the enterprise collaboration market.
- Data privacy concern is one of the significant challenges for the growth of the enterprise collaboration market. While many enterprises focus on preventing malicious data hacking and theft, data breaches are most commonly caused due to lack of data security or accidental mishandling. Furthermore, as enterprises step toward a more collaborative environment, the exchange of data increases, both within the company and with external enterprises. With the increasing data exchange among enterprises and employees, there is a growing need to address the challenges of safeguarding shared data during collaboration activities. Such challenges are hampering the market growth at a certain level.
- The recent outbreak of COVID-19 is anticipated to increase the usage of collaboration tools. Due to the lockdown, multiple organizations are promoting collaboration tools as employees tend to work from home during the crisis. Microsoft Teams, a team collaboration software from Microsoft, witnessed a 40% increase in demand due to the adjustment of businesses to remote work. Microsoft launched new Teams features, primarily designed to improve remote meetings. Enterprises have reduced operational spending and focused more on business continuity and sustainability. SMEs are expected to accelerate the deployment of enterprise collaboration solutions.
Enterprise Collaboration Industry Segmentation
The enterprise collaboration market is currently seeing a surge in innovation, which has led to several new approaches that have real potential to become digital workplace breakthroughs. The demand for cloud-deployed enterprise collaboration solutions is increasing in organizations due to their scalability functions. Virtual reality, data collaboration, visual collaboration tools, and artificial intelligence bots are changing the way that enterprises conduct business.
The Enterprise Collaboration Market is Segmented by Deployment (On-premise, Cloud-based), Application (Communication Tools, Conferencing Tools, Coordination Tools), End-user Industry (Telecommunications and IT, Travel and Hospitality, BFSI, Retail and Consumer Goods, Education, Transportation and Logistics, Healthcare), and Geography
|By Deployment Type|
|By End-user Industry|
|Telecommunications and IT|
|Travel and Hospitality|
|Retail and Consumer Goods|
|Transportation and Logistics|
|Other End-user Industries|
|Middle East and Africa|
Enterprise Collaboration Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Enterprise Collaboration Market according to our research experts:
Cloud-based Deployment to Increase the Market Growth
- Cloud-based deployment to workload is expected to be primarily driven by the consistent growth in the data generated. Several industry verticals are dealing with a massive volume of data. A data center is more suited for an organization that has to run many types of applications and complex workloads for enterprise collaboration. It enables high productivity, with access to real-time data with all application tools.
- Enterprise social collaboration (ESC) solutions have effectively connected people worldwide in recent years. Social applications have been limited by technology and may work fine for one department but not for another. The advent of the cloud makes integrating social collaboration solutions more effortless. Most SMEs (small and medium enterprises) are adopting cloud deployment, as these solutions help SMEs avoid hardware, software, storage, and technical staff costs. It also helps in the scalability of data in the collaboration market.
- The market players are delivering cloud-based platforms, which cover more features and functionality, avoiding the need for organizations to integrate, implement, and manage several standalone systems. Such advantages of cloud-based deployment over on-premises are expected to boost the market growth.
- The expansion of the organizations globally, increased productivity, and growth in the trend of bringing your device (BYOD) and the Internet of Things (IoT) are some significant factors expected to boost the growth of the cloud-based enterprise collaboration market. With the development of cloud-based Enterprise collaboration solutions, including telephony, teleconferences, and social collaboration software, enterprises collaborate efficiently and rapidly, maintain good relationships with clients, and immediately respond to queries, allowing market growth.
- Hybrid landscapes of public and private cloud applications require integration in a homogeneous cloud coordinated with the right tools. For instance, a German-based company, T-Systems, operates dynamic services for the collaboration in the high-security private cloud, fully compliant with the country's strict data privacy and protection laws.
- Therefore, the growing demand for applications across various sectors in emerging economies is also boosting viability, providing relevant cloud security solutions. As most enterprises across regions engage in these technology services, the usage of the cloud collaboration market expands and drives the growth of the overall market.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America to Hold Maximum Market Share
- North America will hold a significant share in the enterprise collaboration market due to the presence of leading market players, such as Facebook Inc., Microsoft Corporation, Google LLC, and Slack Technologies Inc. These organizations provide technologically advanced solutions and products to small- and large-scale companies to boost their productivity by facilitating enhanced internal and external communications. This region has a developed infrastructure capability, which has led it to become the largest revenue generator for the market. Such factors would further augment regional market growth in the coming years.
- Companies in the region are moving beyond the public cloud and stepping into a new era of hybrid IT, which combines public cloud, private cloud, and traditional IT. These organizations have implemented a hybrid cloud strategy as it helps in improving the way they run their collaboration business.
- In the current scenario, information sharing is carried out using mobile phones, video conferencing, instant messenger, and various others that deliver information within a stipulated time. With collaborative communication, the congestion overload is reduced to a significant amount, thus providing ease of communication. For better communication, companies are making every effort to have cloud and collaboration technology mutually available, which drives the growth of the Enterprise Collaboration Market.
- According to Oberlo, North America has 225 billion social media users and 373 billion mobile subscriptions. This will help enterprises process memos and training resources and share industry-relevant news updates. Enterprise collaboration solutions and services have gained wide adoption in the region, particularly in the US, as the country has been one of the earliest adopters of Social, Mobile, Analytics, and Cloud (SMAC) technologies.
- Organizations such as the US Joint Forces Command, the US Department of Defense, and many local and state agencies have started to use collaborative technologies to build internal and external knowledge repositories. Companies are customizing their offerings to remain competitive in the market. US-based Dropbox introduced its newer version in August 2022, an enterprise software portal. It allows users to launch apps with shortcuts and use built-in Slack message-sending and Zoom video calls.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Enterprise Collaboration Industry Overview
The enterprise collaboration market is highly fragmented. The top players aim for a large share of the market, while the numerous smaller players aim for a substantial pie of the market. This results in intense rivalry and competition. Key players in the market are Microsoft Corporation, Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd, Adobe Systems Inc., etc. Some of the recent developments in the market are -
- In June 2021, Microsoft collaborated with Morgan Stanley to help accelerate its digital transformation. Microsoft would provide Morgan Stanley with Microsoft Azure, which offers data privacy and would allow the firm's cloud transformation in building Enterprise Collaboration.
- In May 2021, Google partnered with SpaceX to deliver secure global connectivity by using SpaceX's Starlink to provide high-speed connection across Google Cloud's infrastructure. This would provide businesses with seamless and secure access to the cloud.
Enterprise Collaboration Market Leaders
Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd.
Adobe Systems Inc.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Enterprise Collaboration Market News
- February 2022 - IceWarp, a global leader in developing unified collaboration tools and messaging solutions for companies of all sizes, expanded its presence in the Middle East by opening its first office in the prime area of Business Bay in Dubai. IceWarp provides businesses with affordable, seamlessly integrated, easy-to-use communications solutions that cover all aspects of business collaboration and productivity.
- November 2021 - Microsoft and Meta partner to integrate Teams and workplace enterprise collaboration tools. The integration will enable enterprise customers to access both services' content without switching between apps. The ability to stream from Teams Meetings into Workplace groups is also planned, so employees can watch live meetings and events on whichever app they use.
Enterprise Collaboration Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHT
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.2.5 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Assessment of COVID-19 impact on the industry
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 API Integration for Greater Efficiency
5.1.2 Increase in Usage of Mobile Devices for Time Management
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 Security Concerns in Data Collaboration
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Deployment Type
6.2 By Application
6.2.1 Communication Tools
6.2.2 Conferencing Tools
6.2.3 Coordination Tools
6.3 By End-user Industry
6.3.1 Telecommunications and IT
6.3.2 Travel and Hospitality
6.3.4 Retail and Consumer Goods
6.3.6 Transportation and Logistics
6.3.8 Other End-user Industries
6.4.1 North America
126.96.36.199 United States
188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
6.4.3 Asia Pacific
184.108.40.206 South Korea
6.4.4 Latin America
6.4.5 Middle East and Africa
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Microsoft Corporation
7.1.2 Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd.
7.1.3 Adobe Systems Inc.
7.1.4 Mitel LLC
7.1.5 Atlassian Corporation PLC
7.1.6 SAP SE
7.1.7 Slack Technologies Inc.
7.1.8 TIBCO Software Inc.
7.1.9 Polycom Inc.
7.1.10 Salesforce.Com Inc.
7.1.11 IBM Corporation
7.1.12 Cisco System Inc.
7.1.13 Zoho Corporation Pvt. Ltd.
7.1.14 Jive Software
7.1.15 Axero Solutions LLC
- *List Not Exhaustive
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
Enterprise Collaboration Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Enterprise Collaboration Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Enterprise Collaboration Market?
The Enterprise Collaboration Market is growing at a CAGR of 10.7% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Enterprise Collaboration Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2018 - 2028.
Which region has largest share in Enterprise Collaboration Market?
North America holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Enterprise Collaboration Market?
Microsoft Corporation, Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd., Adobe Systems Inc., SAP SE, IBM Corporation are the major companies operating in Enterprise Collaboration Market.
Enterprise Collaboration Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Enterprise Collaboration market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Enterprise Collaboration analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.