The global enterprise application integration market was valued at USD 4.86 billion in 2017, and is expected to reach USD 11.98 billion by 2023, recording a CAGR of 16.3%, over the forecast period of 2018-2023.
Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) is emerging as a mission-critical solution that involves the use of tools and methods aimed at optimization and modernization of computer applications in an organization. A recent study estimated that EAI accounts for around 35% of the total cost of application design, development and maintenance in a typical enterprise - large, medium or small. Traditional hub and spoke broker-based EAI systems are now being replaced by agile, distributed, standards-based Enterprise Service Bus architectures and an increase is expected in applications composed from Service Components forming basis for both SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) and EDA (Event Driven Architecture).
The major factors significantly impacting the market include growth in cloud ERP implementation, surge in E-Businesses, increase in M&A activity requiring integration of dissimilar business processes, increase in business process automation solutions, Surge in demand for new human applications integration with legacy back end systems, and increase in virtual enterprise linking applications in SCM and CRM
Both cloud and hybrid based integrations are significantly changing the dynamics and are challenging the status quo of the market, which was previously dominated by the traditional integration solutions.
Increase in Business Process Automation solutions is Driving Market Growth
Many organizations are moving towards cloud based enterprise resource planning integration solutions to reduce the costs incurred. Business process automation allows organizations to achieve digital transformation and increase service quality. This enables streamline communication, enforces accountability, minimizes costs, reduces manual errors, and establishes a clear approval hierarchy. Hence, the rising usage of business automation owing to its benefits is driving the market for Enterprise application integration market.
Retail and Wholesale are Expected Grow Exponentially
The global retail and wholesale market is one of the rapidly growing sectors in the world. The trajectory of retail is growing at an explosive rate, supported by the rise of the middle class segment. Internet penetration and expanding mobile users are the key drivers of this market. Enterprise application integration can be add-ons to the retail market where they can manage the resources by planning the workflows and schedules. The growth of the retail market is globalized; this is largely fueled by technological advancements in the field of ICT and increased market penetration of broadband and mobile devices.
North America is the Major Contributor for the Market
North America held the highest share of the enterprise application integration market in 2017. Housing many market giants in various industrial verticals, North America has been dominating the market and is expected to continue its domination throughout the forecast period. North America is experiencing a once-in-a-decade shift on the technological front. As hybrid IT has been evolving, most organizations are migrating their infrastructure to the cloud and some continue to maintain critical services onsite. Over the past few years, the number of business-critical applications has increased significantly. This has translated into more demand for high performing solutions as end-users expect a seamless experience. The Asia-Pacific region is expected to register the highest growth rate during the forecast period.
Key Developments in the Market
- November 2017 - IBM acquired Vivant Digital Business to address the growing needs of clients seeking transformation though Digital Reinvention
- October 2017 - Oracle launched an autonomous cloud database capable of patching cyber security weaknesses on its own accord. Oracle Autonomous Database Cloud uses machine learning to eliminate human maintenance and error, offering self-driving, self-scaling and self-repairing database functions
The major players include - IBM Corporation, Fujitsu Ltd., Microsoft Corporation, MuleSoft, Oracle Corporation, SAP SE, Software AG, Tibco Software Inc. and Hewlett-Packard Company, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future enterprise application integration market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market
- Regions that are expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identifying the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
Customization of the Report
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our representative, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs
1.1 Scope of the Study
1.2 Study Deliverables
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.1 Study Assumptions
2.2 Analysis Methodology
2.3 Research Phases
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Introduction to Market Dynamics
4.3 Factors Driving the Market
4.3.1 Increasing Digital Expenditure Across Industries
4.3.2 Increasing Demand For Real-time Data Access And Management
4.4 Factors Restraining the Market
4.4.1 Availability Of Open-source Software
4.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.6 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.6.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.6.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.6.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.6.5 Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.7 Technology Snapshot
5. Segmentation By Deployment Type
6. Segmentation By Organization Size
6.1 Large Enterprises
6.2 Small and Medium-sized Enterprises
7. Segmentation By End-user Industry
7.2 IT and Telecom
7.7 Other End-user Industries
8. Segmentation By Geography
8.1 North America
8.3.1 South Korea
8.4 Latin America
8.5 Middle East & Africa
9. Competitive Intelligence – Company Profiles
9.1 IBM Corporation
9.2 Fujitsu Ltd.
9.3 Microsoft Corporation
9.4 MuleSoft Inc.
9.5 Oracle Corporation
9.6 SAP SE
9.7 Software AG
9.8 Tibco Software Inc.
9.9 Hewlett-Packard Company
*List not Exhaustive
10. Investment Analysis
11. Future Outlook of the Market