Electric Vehicle Charging Adapter Market
The global electric vehicle charging adapter market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 50.21% during the forecast period, 2018-2023, owing to the growing electric vehicle sales.
With the electric vehicle sales growth across the globe, different adapters for EV charging have been evolving over the period. Manufacturers follow the standards of the respective regions to meet compatibility with the availability of the type of charging power sources, i.e., AC and DC. In Europe, most of the EV adapters follow IEC 62196 standards, while in North America it is mainly SAE J1772.
Increasing Investment in the Development of EV Charging Station
Governments, automakers, EV charging equipment manufacturers, technology companies, etc. have significantly invested in developing EV charging stations to support the growing EV sales. The trend of investment began with the oil and gas companies trying to sustain their business with the changing trends in the automotive industry. Deployment of EV charging facilities in gas stations is one of the crucial strategies of the oil and gas companies in the current market scenario. Among oil and gas companies, BP and Shell have started collaborating with electric charging network operators to capture the growing demand for EV charging facility in the potential markets of Europe and North America.
Increasing Demand for Quick Charging of EVs
Quick charging of EV has been achieved by DC fast charging facilities. Thus, DC charging stations have been experiencing a rapid increase across the countries, especially in Europe and Japan compared to North America and other Asian countries. ChAdeMo Combined Charging System (CCS) and Tesla Supercharger are the prominent suppliers of fast charging adapters in the EV market. With DC fast charging equipment, an EV battery can charge 80% of its capacity in just 20-30 minutes. Therefore, along with the increasing electric vehicle sales, the need for quick charging equipment is also likely to increase the demand for DC chargers during the forecast period.
Source: IEA/ Mordor Intelligence Analysis
Key Developments in the Electric Vehicle Charging Adapter Market
- Jun 2018: Tesla Supercharger has successfully installed about 10,000 Supercharger across 1,261 Supercharger Stations across the world.
- Jan 2018: BP has invested USD 5 million in FreeWire, a US based electric vehicle charging company, to capture the growing electric vehicle demand and provide rapid charging facility at its retail sites in the United Kingdom and Europe.
Electric Vehicle Charging Adapter Market Major Players: Robert Bosch GmbH, Chargepoint, Pod Point, Aptiv PLC, and Efacec among others
Reasons to Purchase Electric Vehicle Charging Adapter Market Report
- Latest technology trends adopted by the manufacturers in the electric vehicle charging adapter market
- Various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Study on the region that is expected to dominate the market.
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate Sheet (in excel).
Customization of Electric Vehicle Charging Adapter Market Report
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our analyst, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Scope of the Study
1.2 Executive Summary
2. Research Methodology
2.1 Study Deliverables
2.2 Study Assumptions
2.3 Research Phases
3. Electric Vehicle Charging Adapter Market Insight
3.1 Current Market Scenario
3.2 Technology Trends
3.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
3.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.3.5 Degree of Competition
4. Electric Vehicle Charging Adapter Market Dynamics
5. Electric Vehicle Charging Adapter Market Segmentation and Analysis (Market Size, Growth, and Forecast)
5.1 By Charger Type
5.1.1 AC Level 1 Charger
5.1.2 AC Level 2 Charger
5.1.3 DC Charger
5.2 By Propulsion Type
5.2.1 Battery Electric Vehicle
5.2.2 Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle
6. Regional Electric Vehicle Charging Adapter Market Analysis (Market Size, Growth, and Forecast)
6.1 North America Electric Vehicle Charging Adapter Market Size (2018-2023)
6.2 Europe Electric Vehicle Charging Adapter Market Size (2018-2023)
6.3 Asia-Pacific Electric Vehicle Charging Adapter Market Size (2018-2023)
6.4 Rest of the World
7. Competitive Landscape
7.2 Market Share Analysis
8. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials**, Products & Services, and Recent Developments)
8.1 ChargePoint, Inc.,
8.2 Pod Point
8.3 Robert Bosch GmbH
8.4 AddÉnergie Technologies Inc.
8.7 Aptiv PLC
8.9 Leviton Manufacturing Company, Inc.,
8.10 Signet Electronic System
8.11 AeroVironment Inc
**Subject to Availability on Public Domain