Electric Lawn Mowers Market Size
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
Electric Lawn Mowers Market Analysis
The Electric lawn mower market is projected to register a CAGR of 6.5% during the forecast period.
- The advancement of battery technology led to the launch of battery-powered lawnmowers that are easy to operate and eco-friendly. Top vendors such as Husqvarna and MTD Products are expanding their product portfolio to attract the maximum number of customers in the United States market.
- The growth of commercial real estate and landscaping is expected to drive the market for electric variants of lawnmowers. Government initiatives to promote sustainability will drive the demand for green roofs, thus accelerating the growth of electric lawnmowers. Various applications like golf courses, large parks, and big lawns are fueling the development of the Electric Lawn Mower Market.
- In Walk-Behind Electric Lawn Mowers, the desired height of the grass can be obtained by adjusting the revolving blades through a lever. The main purposes of using these lawnmowers are maintaining and decorating yards, gardens, and lawns with an area of less than 10,000 square feet. It is mostly used in public parks, residential gardens, industry and institution gardens, and other places. The blades of the walk-behind lawn mower are self-powered. Thus, human effort is only required to walk with the mower across the area. These advantages fuel the growth of the market.
Electric Lawn Mowers Industry Segmentation
An electric lawn mower is a machine that uses one or more rotating blades (or a reel) to trim the top layer of grass to a uniform height which is powered and propelled by an electric motor or gasoline engine. The report covers an extensive study of segments and factors driving the commercial electric lawn mower market growth. The electric lawn mower market is segmented by product type (walk-behind electric lawn mowers, front, and wide-area (sit and ride) electric lawn mowers, and stand-on electric lawn mowers), end user (residential, professional landscaping services, golf courses, government, and other end users), and geography(North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, and Africa). The report offers the market size and forecasts in terms of value in USD million for all the above segments.
|Walk-behind Electric Lawn Mowers|
|Front and Wide Area (sit and ride) Electric Lawn Mowers|
|Stand-on Electric Lawn Mowers Market|
|Professional Landscaping Services|
|Government and Other End Users|
Electric Lawn Mowers Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Electric Lawn Mowers Market according to our research experts:
Rising Technological Innovations in the Industry
- Electric ride-on electric mowers are gaining popularity among end-users due to their declining costs and the introduction of low-cost models by vendors such as Ryobi. Technological developments in artificial intelligence have paved the way for more powerful equipment design. The growing reliance on commercial-sector automation to reduce running costs has guided the development of the electric lawn mower segment. With the size of the gardens comes the choice of the most appropriate lawnmowers.
- Small gardens need mowers, which can be either electric corded or hand push, whereas medium to larger gardens considers petrol-fueled cordless or battery-operated mowers.
- Various market participants are introducing new and updated technologies to lawnmowers with additional features such as increased blade size, the requirement for less storage room, and variable speed technologies.
- For instance, in January 2021, DEWALT unveiled its latest 2x20V MAX Self-Propelled Mower (DCMWSP244U2) and Push Mower (DCMWP233U2) that each feature a high-efficiency brushless direct drive motor and are powered by two Dewalt 20V MAX 10.0 Ah batteries for high-voltage cutting capacity.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America Dominates the Global Market
- North America is the world's largest market for electric lawn mower utilization. The market demand in the region is led by the United States, followed by Canada. Demand in these countries is expected to be driven by technological advances, higher replacements in reference to digitization, advance, the automated, and the economic feasibility of machinery.
- With the increasing concerns of environmental pollution and about 80% of the population staying in urban areas, the people in the region are focusing on a green backyard for better quality air and recreational activities. This indicates an increase in the popularity of landscaping in the region, which is, in turn, driving the use of electric lawnmowers for gardening.
- The increasing trend of urban gardening and landscaping in residential and commercial projects in developed countries in the region, coupled with the launching of innovative lawn movers by the players in the market, is propelling the market growth in the region during the forecast period.
- Moreover, busy lifestyles due to globalization and longer working hours tend to affect leisure time and household work. This has encouraged people to find alternative ways to spare more leisure time by reducing or eliminating the time required for lawnmowing, which boosts the demand in the region. Due to transmission power in the drive wheels, the easy-to-use controls and easy-to-move characteristics of self-propelled walk-behind electric lawn mowers promote the segment's growth.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Electric Lawn Mowers Industry Overview
The electric lawn mower market is consolidated, with very few players cornering most of the market share. Product innovation like robotic lawnmowers, partnerships, and acquisitions are the major strategies adopted by the leading companies in the market globally. Along with innovations and expansions, investments in R&D and developing novel product portfolios are likely to be crucial strategies in the coming years.
Electric Lawn Mowers Market Leaders
Robert Bosch GmbH
The Toro Company
Honda Motor Co., Ltd.
Deere & Company
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Electric Lawn Mowers Market News
- January 2023: John Deere partnered with Microsoft to bring new value and efficiencies to John Deere Dealers. The system will provide a common technology platform for many aspects of a dealer’s business, enabling new opportunities for growth, innovation, and customer insights for dealers.
- August 2021: Husqvarna CEORA unveiled its new CEORA robotic lawn mower in the European market. It increases the quality of the lawn while reducing costs by approximately 30% compared with conventional commercial mowers.
- March 2021: Stiga developed a new E-Power 20V technology’ which provides the perfect size-power-safety balance in batteries. These new technology-enabled lawnmowers cover a maximum area with minimum charging time.
Electric Lawn Mowers Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.3 Market Restraints
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Product Type
5.1.1 Walk-behind Electric Lawn Mowers
5.1.2 Front and Wide Area (sit and ride) Electric Lawn Mowers
5.1.3 Stand-on Electric Lawn Mowers Market
5.2 End User
5.2.2 Professional Landscaping Services
5.2.3 Golf Courses
5.2.4 Government and Other End Users
5.3.1 North America
18.104.22.168 United States
22.214.171.124 Rest of North America
126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
184.108.40.206 South Korea
220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 South America
18.104.22.168 Rest of South America
22.214.171.124 South Africa
126.96.36.199 Rest of Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Most Adopted Strategies
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 Deere & Company
6.3.2 Honda Motor Co., Ltd.
6.3.4 MTD Products
6.3.5 Robert Bosch GmbH
6.3.7 The Toro Company
6.3.8 Cub cadet
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Electric Lawn Mowers Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Electric Lawn Mowers Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Electric Lawn Mowers Market?
The Electric Lawn Mowers Market is growing at a CAGR of 6.5% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Electric Lawn Mowers Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2018 - 2028.
Which region has largest share in Electric Lawn Mowers Market?
North America holds highest share in 2022.
Who are the key players in Electric Lawn Mowers Market?
Robert Bosch GmbH, STIGA, The Toro Company, Honda Motor Co., Ltd., Deere & Company are the major companies operating in Electric Lawn Mowers Market.
Electric Lawn Mowers Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Electric Lawn Mowers market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Electric Lawn Mowers analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.