|Fastest Growing Market:||North America|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The e-mountain bike market was valued at around USD 5 billion in 2020, and it is expected to reach over USD 10 billion by 2026, projecting a CAGR of more than 12% during the forecast period.
It can be stated that the COVID-19 had a slightly positive impact on the e-mountain bike market as compared to the negative impact it vastly had on different markets. With the preference for personal mobility that is to rise and the need to overcome traffic congestions, the demand for personal vehicles will rise.
Also, with the growing environmental impact and concerns over rising temperatures due to emissions, e-bikes are a great alternative to conventional bicycles and motorcycles.
However, COVID-19 set back the industry with zero mobility of people and halting the manufacturing of new e-bikes. Post COVID-19, with the recreational activities and health awareness among the consumers, the market is set to a good rise in terms of economy.
- The e-mountain is growing rapidly, as the younger generation is showing great interest in trekking and recreational activities. However, factors, such as government regulations regarding speed and safety issues associated with these bikes, are likely to hinder the growth of the market. For instance, The UCI (Union Cycliste Internationale) adopted strict regulations regarding the electric motors on e-mountain bikes, which must not exceed 250 watts. Pedaling assistance is only permitted to a maximum speed of 25 kph.
- There is an increasing interest of people toward performance-based adventurous sports, which, in turn, is projected to increase the demand for e-mountain bikes. Owing to this, the sales of conventional mountain bike is likely to be at stake over the forecast period.
Scope of the Report
The e-mountain bike market is segmented by application (leisure and competition) and geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World). The report offers market size and forecast for the e-mountain market in value (USD billion) for all the above-mentioned segmentation.
|Rest of the World|
Key Market Trends
Growing Demand for E-mountain Bike (eMTB)
Over the years, the sales of e-bike have increased rapidly due to the rise in fuel costs, which has led to the growth of the implementation of electric bicycles as a daily means of transport. Switzerland is considered one of the best trekking places.
- According to the Swiss Bicycle Suppliers' Association, in 2017, approximately 90,000 e-bikes were snapped up by riders looking for battery-powered assistance.
- The highest rise was in the eMTB category, with around 29,000 put to use on trails, an increase of 38.3% compared to 2016.
- All-terrain and cyclo-cross bike sales decreased while the demand for racing bikes stagnated. Specialty bikes like tandems or cargo bicycles also fell sharply by 20.4%.
eMTB motor manufacturer Bosch conducted a survey with more than 5,421 people in six European countries in mid-2017. As per the results of the survey, 10% of the participants already owned a pedelec, and 16% were looking into buying one in the coming year. The demand for mountain bicycling is also growing in the United States. In 2018, the number of participants (aged six years and above) in mountain/non-paved surface biking amounted to approximately 8.69 million.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Europe is Leading the E-mountain Bike Market
The e-mountain bike market is led by Europe and followed by North America and Asia-Pacific. E-bikes are again setting trends in the industry, as there is a great demand for lighter and smaller bikes with more performance. The sale figures show that e-bikes are becoming popular among recreational cyclists who prefer to enjoy longer rides without getting exhausted after trekking.
The market for e-mountain bikes in France is growing. Some of the major factors driving the market are the rise in the category of e-cargo bikes and e-mountain bikes, increasing traffic, and increasing focus on reducing exhaust emissions.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The e-mountain bike market is growing, and some of the major players in the market are Yamaha Motor, Pedego Electric Bikes, BH Bikes, and CUBE. The companies are expanding their presence across the world by launching new products with the latest technology. As the market is growing, various major players from other sectors of industries are entering the market. For instance,
- February 2018 – After a successful debut of the eMTB challenge in 2017, Robert Bosch again conducted the eMTB challenge this year in five European locations (Italy, Germany, France, Switzerland, and Austria), with the last challenge conducted in France on 23rd September 2018
- Ducati also entered the e-mountain bike market and launched its Ducati MIG-RR electric bicycle, which was created as a partnership between Ducati and Thok E-bikes. The Ducati MIG-RR is an upgrade to Thok’s current MIG line of electric mountain bikes. The MIG-RR features a 250 W Shimano Steps E8000 mid-drive. The motor is capable of 70 Nm (51.6 ft-lbs) of torque.
- In March 2018, Trek Bikes announced its foray into the Indian market. Trek will offer 34 bicycle models across the road, mountain, and hybrid categories.
In December 2020, Pivot launched its second-generation shuttle e-mountain bike, and the growing public awareness of health and recreational activities is going to be a huge market opportunity for the industry.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Drivers
4.2 Market Restraints
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Application
5.2 By Geography
5.2.1 North America
5.2.4 Rest of the World
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Vendor Market Share
6.2 Company Profiles*
6.2.1 Giant Manufacturing Co. Ltd
6.2.2 Pivot Cycles
6.2.3 Scott Sports SA
6.2.4 Trek Bicycle Corporation
6.2.5 Trinx Bikes
6.2.6 CUBE GmbH & Co. KG
6.2.7 Yamaha Motor Co. Ltd
6.2.8 Pedego Electric Bikes
6.2.9 BH Bikes
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The E-Mountain Bike Market market is studied from 2018 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of E-Mountain Bike Market?
The E-Mountain Bike Market is growing at a CAGR of >12% over the next 5 years.
What is E-Mountain Bike Market size in 2018?
The E-Mountain Bike Market is valued at 5 Billion USD in 2018.
What is E-Mountain Bike Market size in 2026?
The E-Mountain Bike Market is valued at 10 Billion USD in 2026.
Which region has highest growth rate in E-Mountain Bike Market?
North America is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in E-Mountain Bike Market?
Europe holds highest share in 2020.
Who are the key players in E-Mountain Bike Market?
Giant Manufacturing Co. Ltd, Trek Bicycle Corporation, Yamaha Motor, Pedego Electric Bikes, Scott Bicycles are the major companies operating in E-Mountain Bike Market.