|Study Period:||2016 - 2026|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||Asia Pacific|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The dyes and pigments market size was estimated at USD 29,638 million in 2020, and the market is projected to register a CAGR of over 4% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
The market was negatively impacted by COVID-19. Owing to pandemic scenario, various countries went into lockdown, which led to supply chain disruptions and work stoppages. This negatively affected the demand of various industries like paints and coatings, textiles, and others. However, the conditions are expected to recover in 2020, thereby restoring the growth trajectory of the market studied during the forecast period.
- Over the medium term, growing demand from paints and coating industries of Asia-Pacific and increasing demand from the textile industry are expected to boost the market.
- On the flip side, the negative impact of the COVID-19 outbreak on the market and environmental concerns regarding the use of dyes and pigments are hindering the growth of the market
- The Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market across the globe, with the largest consumption from countries such as China and India.
Scope of the Report
Dyes and pigments are substances that are used to impart color to a material. The term colorant is often used for both dyes (also called dyestuffs) and pigments. The major difference between dyes and pigments is particle size. Dyes are much finer than pigments. Pigments and dyes are the key raw materials for various end-user industries, including paint and coating, textile, and plastic. The dye and pigments market is segmented by type, end-user industry, and geography. By type, the market is segmented by dye and pigment. By end-user Industry, the market is segmented by paints and coatings, textile, printing inks, plastics, and other end-user industries. The report also covers the market size and forecasts for the dyes and pigments market in 19 countries across major regions. For each segment, the market sizing and forecasts have been done on the basis of value (USD million).
|Paints and Coatings|
|Other End-user Industries|
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand from the Paints and Coatings
- Paints and coatings account for the largest share of the market and are estimated to be the largest and the fastest-growing end-user industry.
- Architectural and decorative coatings account for the largest consumption of pigments in their production. Thus, rising construction and infrastructure activities in Asia-Pacific act as the major driver for the dye and pigment market.
- In addition, the public-private partnership (PPP) projects have also been increasing in the domestic construction sector.
- In India, the smart cities mission is a major project undertaken by the government, which will construct more than 100 smart cities all over the country to achieve rapid urbanization in the country. In the 2021-22 budget, the smart cities mission has been given INR 6,450 crore as against INR 3,400 crore in the 2020-21 revised estimates.
- In Germany, the increasing migration to the country has been stimulating the current demand for new residential construction. About 3.6 million migrants were expected to arrive in Germany by the end of 2020-2021, which will require at least 350,000 new dwellings per year.
- The paints and coatings industry has been expanding vigorously till 2019. However, owing to the pandemic condition, there has been a slump in the production of paints and coatings in 2020 due to the slowdown of the global construction industry. But, the condition is expected to recover in 2021, thereby restoring the growth rate of the market studied.
- All the aforementioned factors are expected to drive the global market during the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- The growth of the textile industry in China and India is rapidly increasing with the availability of a cheap labor force. In the global textile market, China holds the largest share of about 40%, followed by India with over 5% share.
- China is investing USD 1.43 trillion in the next five years till 2025 in major construction projects. According to National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC), the Shanghai plan includes an investment of USD 38.7 billion in the next three years, whereas Guangzhou has signed 16 new infrastructure projects with an investment of USD 8.09 billion.
- According to India Brand Equity Foundation, India’s textile and apparel exports stood at USD 38.70 billion in FY19 and are expected to increase to USD 82.00 billion by 2021 from USD 22.95 billion in FY20 (up to November 2019).
- The demand for textiles in South Korea has remained stable, with an increasing preference for technical textiles production in the country. A strong domestic man-made fiber industry and a robust non-woven production sector are providing the manufacturers an opportunity to focus on the production of high-end textiles in the country.
- Among ASEAN countries, Indonesia has a major share of the paint and coating market, followed by Thailand. The rapid urbanization in these countries is expected to contribute to the demand for paints & coatings, and in turn, add up to the demand for dyes and pigments during the forecast period.
- Hence, with the increasing demand from the various end-user industries, like the paint and coating, printing inks, textiles, and plastics industry, the demand for dye and pigments is expected to increase over the forecast period rapidly.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The dyes and pigments market is partially consolidated. In terms of market share, few of the major players currently dominate the market. Key players in the dyes and pigments market include BASF SE, The Chemours Company, Venator Materials PLC., KRONOS Worldwide Inc., and Clariant, among others.
- In March 2019, Clariant launched its first bio-based version of pigment red.
- In May 2018, Bodal commissioned the new dyestuff plant with a capacity of 12,000 metric ton, taking its total capacity to 29,000 metric ton in the dyestuff category.
- In April 2018, BASF’s Colors & Effects brand launched pioneering stir-in pigment for automotive coatings.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Growing Demand from the Paints and Coating Industry in Asia-Pacific
4.1.2 Increasing Demand from the Textile Industry
4.2.1 Negative Impact of the COVID-19 Outbreak
4.2.2 Environmental Concerns Regarding the Use of Dyes and Pigments
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION (Market Size in Value)
126.96.36.199 Reactive Dye
188.8.131.52 Disperse Dye
184.108.40.206 Sulfur Dye
220.127.116.11 Vat Dye
18.104.22.168 Azo Dye
22.214.171.124 Acid Dye
126.96.36.199 Organic Pigment
188.8.131.52 Inorganic Pigment
5.2 End-user Industry
5.2.1 Paints and Coatings
5.2.3 Printing Inks
5.2.5 Other End-user Industries
184.108.40.206 South Korea
220.127.116.11 Australia & New Zealand
18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
22.214.171.124 United States
126.96.36.199 Rest of North America
188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
220.127.116.11 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
18.104.22.168 Saudi Arabia
22.214.171.124 South Africa
126.96.36.199 United Arab Emirates
188.8.131.52 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share (%)**/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 ALTANA AG
6.4.3 Atul Ltd
6.4.4 BASF SE
6.4.5 Bodal Chemicals Ltd
6.4.6 Carl Schlenk AG
6.4.7 CATHAY INDUSTRIES
6.4.9 DIC CORPORATION
6.4.11 Flint Group
6.4.12 Huntsman International LLC
6.4.13 Kiri Industries Ltd
6.4.14 KRONOS Worldwide Inc.
6.4.16 Meghmani Group
6.4.17 Merck KGaA
6.4.18 Sudarshan Chemical Industries Limited
6.4.19 The Chemours Company
6.4.20 Tronox Holdings PLC
6.4.21 Venator Materials PLC
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Growing Demand for Reliable Commercial Products, like 3D Printing Materials
7.2 Other Opportunities
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Dyes and Pigments Market market is studied from 2016 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of Dyes and Pigments Market?
The Dyes and Pigments Market is growing at a CAGR of >4% over the next 5 years.
What is Dyes and Pigments Market size in 2016?
The Dyes and Pigments Market is valued at 29638 Million USD in 2016.
Which region has highest growth rate in Dyes and Pigments Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Dyes and Pigments Market?
Asia Pacific holds highest share in 2020.
Who are the key players in Dyes and Pigments Market?
The Chemours Company, Clariant, Venator Materials PLC, KRONOS Worldwide, Inc., BASF SE are the major companies operating in Dyes and Pigments Market.