2016 - 2026
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The Global Dyes & Pigments Market size was estimated at USD 29,638 million in 2020 and the market is projected to register a CAGR of over 4% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
The market was negatively impacted by COVID-19. Owing to pandemic scenario, various countries went into lockdown, which led to supply chain disruptions and work stoppages. This negatively affected the demand of various industries like paints and coatings, textiles, and others. However, the conditions are expected to recover in 2020, thereby restoring the growth trajectory of the market studied during the forecast period.
- Over the medium term, growing demand from paints and coating industries of Asia-Pacific, and increasing demand from the textile industry.
- On the flip side, the negative impact of the COVID-19 outbreak on the market and environmental concerns regarding the use of dyes and pigments are hindering the growth of the market
- Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market across the globe with the largest consumption from countries such as China, and India.
Scope of the Report
Dyes and pigments are substances which are used to impart color to a material. The term colorant is often used for both dyes (also called dyestuffs) and pigments. The major difference between dyes and pigments is the particle size. Dyes are much finer than pigments. Pigments and dyes are the key raw materials for various end-user industries, including paint & coating, textile, and plastic. The Dye & Pigments Market is segmented by type, end-user industry, and geography. By type, the market is segmented by Dye and Pigment. By end-user Industry, the market is segmented by Paints and Coatings, Textile, Printing Inks, Plastics, and Other End-user Industries. The report also covers the market size and forecasts for the dyes & pigments market in 19 countries across major regions. For each segment, the market sizing and forecasts have been done on the basis of value (USD million).
|Paints and Coatings|
|Other End-user Industries|
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand from the Paints & Coatings
- Paints and coatings account for the largest share of the market and are estimated to be the largest and the fastest growing end-user industry.
- Architectural and decorative coatings account for the largest consumption of pigments in their production. Thus, rising construction and infrastructure activities in Asia-Pacific act as the major driver for the dye and pigment market.
- In addition, the public-private partnership (PPP) projects have also been increasing in the domestic construction sector.
- In India, smart cities mission is a major project undertaken by the government which will construct more than 100 smart cities all over the country to achieve rapid urbanization in the country. In 2021-22 budget, smart cities mission has been given INR 6,450 crore as against INR 3,400 crore in the 2020-21 revised estimates.
- In Germany, the increasing migration to the country has been stimulating the current demand for new residential construction. About 3.6 million migrants were expected to arrive to Germany, by the end of 2020-2021, which will require at least 350,000 new dwellings per year.
- The paints and coatings industry has been expanding vigorously till 2019. However, owing to the pandemic condition, there has been a slump in the production of paints and coatings in 2020 due to the slowdown of global construction industry. But, the condition is expected to recover in 2021, thereby restoring the growth rate of market studied.
- All the aforementioned factors, is expected to drive the global market during the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- The growth of the textile industry in China and India is on rapidly increasing with the availability of a cheap labor force. In the global textile market, China holds the largest share of about 40%, followed by India with over 5% share.
- China is investing USD 1.43 trillion in the next five years till 2025, in major construction projects. According to National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC), Shanghai plan includes an investment of USD 38.7 billion in the next three years, whereas Guangzhou has signed 16 new infrastructure projects with an investment of USD 8.09 billion.
- According to India Brand Equity Foundation, India’s textile and apparel exports stood at USD 38.70 billion in FY19 and is expected to increase to USD 82.00 billion by 2021 from USD 22.95 billion in FY20 (up to November 2019).
- The demand for textiles in South Korea has remained stable with an increasing preference for technical textiles production in the country. A strong domestic man-made fiber industry and robust non-woven production sector are providing the manufacturers an opportunity to focus on the production of high-end textiles in the country.
- Among ASEAN countries, Indonesia has a major share of the paint and coating market, followed by Thailand The rapid urbanization in these countries are expected to contribute to the demand for paints & coatings, and in turn, add up to demand for dyes and pigments during the forecast period.
- Hence, with the increasing demand from the various end-user industries, like the paint and coating, printing inks, textiles and plastics industry, the demand for dye and pigments is expected to rapidly increase over the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The dyes & pigments market is partially consolidated. In terms of market share, few of the major players currently dominate the market. Key players in the dyes & pigments market include BASF SE, The Chemours Company, Venator Materials PLC., KRONOS Worldwide Inc., and Clariant among others.
- In March 2019, Clariant has launched its first bio-based version of pigment red.
- In May 2018, Bodal commissioned the new dyestuff plant with a capacity of 12,000 metric ton, taking its total capacity to 29,000 metric ton in the dyestuff category.
- In April 2018, BASF’s Colors & Effects brand launched pioneering stir-in pigment for automotive coatings.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Growing Demand from Paints and Coating Industry in Asia-Pacific
4.1.2 Increasing Demand from the Textile Industry
4.2.1 Negative Impact of COVID-19 Outbreak
4.2.2 Environmental Concerns Regarding the Use of Dyes and Pigments
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porters Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION (Market Size in Value)
220.127.116.11 Reactive Dye
18.104.22.168 Disperse Dye
22.214.171.124 Sulfur Dye
126.96.36.199 Vat Dye
188.8.131.52 Azo Dye
184.108.40.206 Acid Dye
220.127.116.11 Organic Pigment
18.104.22.168 Inorganic Pigment
5.2 End-user Industry
5.2.1 Paints and Coatings
5.2.3 Printing Inks
5.2.5 Other End-user Industries
22.214.171.124 South Korea
126.96.36.199 Australia & New Zealand
188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
184.108.40.206 United States
220.127.116.11 Rest of North America
18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
126.96.36.199 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
188.8.131.52 Saudi Arabia
184.108.40.206 South Africa
220.127.116.11 United Arab Emirates
18.104.22.168 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share (%)**/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 ALTANA AG
6.4.3 Atul Ltd
6.4.4 BASF SE
6.4.5 Bodal Chemicals Ltd
6.4.6 Carl Schlenk AG
6.4.7 CATHAY INDUSTRIES
6.4.9 DIC CORPORATION
6.4.11 Flint Group
6.4.12 Huntsman International LLC
6.4.13 Kiri Industries Ltd
6.4.14 KRONOS Worldwide Inc.
6.4.16 Meghmani Group
6.4.17 Merck KGaA
6.4.18 Sudarshan Chemical Industries Limited
6.4.19 The Chemours Company
6.4.20 Tronox Holdings PLC
6.4.21 Venator Materials PLC
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Growing Demand for Reliable Commercial Products, like 3D Printing Material
7.2 Other Opportunities
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Dyes & Pigments Market market is studied from 2016 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of Dyes & Pigments Market?
The Dyes & Pigments Market is growing at a CAGR of >4% over the next 5 years.
What is Dyes & Pigments Market size in 2016?
The Dyes & Pigments Market is valued at 29638 Million USD in 2016.
Which region has highest growth rate in Dyes & Pigments Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Dyes & Pigments Market?
Asia Pacific holds highest share in 2020.
Who are the key players in Dyes & Pigments Market?
- The Chemours Company
- Venator Materials PLC
- KRONOS Worldwide, Inc.
- BASF SE
Are the major companies operating in Dyes & Pigments Market.