Dry Beans Market Size
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
Dry Beans Market Analysis
The dry beans market is projected to register a CAGR of 4.5% over the forecast period.
- The dry beans market is experiencing significant growth, and this trend is expected to continue during the forecast period. Beans are the most common name for the large seed variety of the Fabaceae family. Dry edible beans have a variety of market classes, including kidney bean, navy bean, pinto bean, and black bean.
- The growing incorporation of various dried beans, such as black beans and split beans, in processed food preparation, such as savory snacks and baby food, is expected to drive the demand for dry beans. The rising demand for processed food products (ready-to-eat and ready-to-cook) and the increasing demand for vegan protein sources in developed regions will likely drive the demand for dry beans.
- The dry bean is an essential agricultural crop in many countries, especially those with high consumption levels. Brazil, India, China, Myanmar, and Mexico are the largest producing countries. As per the FAO, India is the leading producer of dry beans in Asia; it produced about 5,400 metric tons in 2020.
- Furthermore, the increasing prevalence of celiac disease among Americans is anticipated to boost the demand for gluten-free food options, such as dry bean products. For instance, according to the University of Chicago Medicine (Celiac Disease Center), celiac disease affects 1% of healthy Americans. That means at least 3 million people in the United States have celiac disease. This is one of the key reasons for the abundant production of dried beans within the region. However, the production of dry beans is significantly affected by several factors, such as environmental hazards, bio-stress, and government policies of the country.
Dry Beans Industry Segmentation
Dry beans are a mixture of legumes. For the purpose of the report, dry beans are considered as all the species under HS code 0713, including chickpeas, pigeon peas, kidney beans, Bambara beans, cowpeas, and broad beans. The Dry Beans Market is segmented by Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, and Middle-East and Africa). The report includes a Production Analysis (Volume), Consumption Analysis (Value and Volume), Export Analysis (Value and Volume), Import Analysis (Value and Volume), and Price Trend Analysis. The report offers the market size and forecasts in terms of volume in metric tons and value in USD thousand for all the above segments.
Dry Beans Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Dry Beans Market according to our research experts:
Increasing Inclination Toward Vegan Diet
Food consumption patterns are changing rapidly. In the last few years, the number of people following the animal-free diet has significantly increased, which is one of the major drivers for the dry beans industry. Dried beans have a high content of fibers and proteins, which makes them ideal for people with diabetes and those who want to reduce their meat consumption.
Over the years, there has been an increasing trend of veganism in Europe and the United States, which is spreading across the world. Based on the most recent United Nations database, in 2022, there are approximately 80 million people around the globe who follow veganism. The number is increasing, which is fueling the demand for the crops like dry beans in the market as they are rich in a number of important micronutrients, including potassium, magnesium, folate, iron, and zinc, and are important sources of protein in vegan diets.
Moreover, people are focused on plant-based diets, which has been the reason for the higher consumption of dry beans. The negative impact of animal protein, which is associated with high cholesterol levels, fat, and calories, increases the risk of cardiac diseases, high blood sugar levels, and obesity, is an important factor for people to turn towards vegan sources of protein. Therefore, increasing the adoption of plant-based protein, owing to the awareness of the benefits offered by a plant-based protein among consumers in the potential market, is one of the major factors spurring the demand for dry beans across the world.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific is Dominating the Market in Terms of Production
Asia Pacific is likely to hold a significant share of the global market of dried beans. The growing area under the cultivation of beans is expected to be a favorable factor for market growth within the region. Myanmar is one of the largest producers and exporters of dry beans in Asia-Pacific. After Myanmar, India is one of the major producers of dry beans globally. The country has expanded its production tremendously over the past 4 years. According to FAO statistics, the domestic production of dry beans in India, in 2019 was around 5,310,000 metric ton, which increased and reached 5,460,000 metric ton in 2020. The other producers include Myanmar with 3,053.0 thousand metric ton, and China with 1,281.9 thousand metric ton of production volume in 2020. Dry beans are majorly grown in the Indian states, including Gujarat, Jharkhand, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Uttar Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, West Bengal, Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, and Chhattisgarh. The production is further expected to enhance during the forecast period with the increasing domestic demand.
Furthermore, one of the principal factors responsible for the highest production of beans in Asia is the need to use land instead of keeping it idle after rice cultivation. Beans can be planted at the beginning of the winter season and can thrive on the leftover moisture of the rainy season, as they do not require additional artificial irrigation facilities in the absence of rain, which makes the cultivation cost-effective with no additional allocation of resources required for cultivation. Thus, the growth of the region is being primarily driven by the presence of the agri-land suitable to cultivate dry beans in the Asia major countries, which will drive the market growth during the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Dry Beans Market News
October 2022: The United States Dry Bean Council (USDBC) contracted with LOTUS, a UK-based public relations firm, to conduct an in-depth assessment of opportunities and challenges in the U.K. marketplace for US dry beans.
August 2022: The Madhya Pradesh Government (India) launched a crop diversification promotion scheme with a focus on natural farming and on substituting wheat and paddy crops with other crops that are suitable for the local climate and are market driven.
May 2022: The CGIAR Plant Health Initiative launched on the International Day of Plant Health. The Plant Health Initiative targets a broad range of pests and diseases affecting crops, including dry beans.
Dry Beans Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.3 Market Restraints
4.4 Value Chain Analysis
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION (Production Analysis, Consumption Analysis by Value and Volume, Import Analysis by Value and Volume, Export Analysis by Value and Volume, and Price Trend Analysis)
5.1.1 North America
22.214.171.124 United States
5.1.4 South America
5.1.5 Middle-East and Africa
126.96.36.199 United Republic of Tanzania
6. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Dry Beans Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Dry Beans Market is studied from 2017 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Dry Beans Market?
The Dry Beans Market is growing at a CAGR of 4.5% over the next 5 years.
Dry Beans Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Dry Beans market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Dry Beans analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.