|Study Period:||2019- 2026|
|Fastest Growing Market:||North America|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) Market has registered a CAGR of 12% over the forecast period 2021 - 2026. The pandemic was marked with nationwide lockdown across the world, with companies being forced to be pushed to work remotely. The increased dependency on the security of data measures was brought to light by several data breaches and an increase in cyberattacks. Furthermore, ransomware attacks have increased significantly during the pandemic, which has underlined the need for disaster recovery solutions to prevent downtime of systems that could result in severe losses for organizations.
- According to VMWare, in a 2020 analyst survey, 76% of respondents reported an incident during the past two years that required an IT Disaster Recovery (DR) plan, while more than 50% reported at least two incidents. At the same time, cyberattacks are on the rise, increasing business risk. In 2019, 52% of global enterprise network security decision-makers experienced at least one sensitive data breach in the12 months. And in September 2020, security researchers reported a seven-fold year-on-year increase in ransomware reports, thus, increasing the traction of disaster recovery solutions.
- The combination of decreasing IT budgets and headcount and the increasing complexity of IT infrastructure and most corporate computing environments include SaaS applications, cloud workloads, mobile workers, and vastly increasing volumes of data to protect and result in data losses and downtime. Growth in using the cloud for long-term storage or also archiving increased dramatically over the past few years. Compliance mandates and state / federal regulations require certain data records to be kept for periods between five years and perpetuity.
- The players in the market are expected to increase market capture and reduce customer friction by offering enhanced onboarding options and additional capabilities in support of various recovery targets, platforms supported (i.e., beyond VMware and physical x86), and multinational support and bolster DRaaS solutions with built-in add-ons like automated recovery testing and change management assurance.
- The DRaaS market consists of multiple players, each with varying abilities to support requirements. These can relate to workload types, geographies, scale, onboarding, and ongoing support levels, the number of recovery point objective (RPO) and recovery time objective (RTO) options, and target recovery locations. The provider may deliver services as a fully managed, assisted-recovery, or self-service offering.
- On the other hand, customers may face problems if they are unaware of what they have in their data centers. They must be aware of their various IT assets and how their criticality translates into the service tiers of a DRaaS provider. The service provider's replication method will generally give different recovery periods at other price points. The most costly tier may offer workload recovery in seconds or minutes. In contrast, the mid-tier may offer a 4-to-8-hour enterprise workload recovery time, and the least expensive tier may offer a 24-to-48-hour recovery.
Scope of the Report
The disaster recovery as a service (DRaaS) market provides for the recovery of enterprise applications at another location in the event of a disaster. The provider can deliver the service as a fully-managed, assisted recovery or self-service offering.
The agility of disaster recovery in the cloud affords businesses a geographically diverse location to failover operations and run as close to normal as possible following a disruptive event.
The Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) Market is segmented by End-user Vertical (BFSI, IT, Government, and Healthcare) and Geography.
|Other End-user Verticals|
|Rest of the World|
Key Market Trends
BFSI is One of the Significant Factor Driving the Market
- BFSI sector is poised to significantly adopt DRaaS solutions because financial institutions such as commercial banks and credit unions build their reputations around an ability to provide consistent and uninterrupted service to their customers. Any system downtime could damage these reputations and potentially lead to lost customers. The usage of DRaaS solutions could provide instant recovery of data, applications, and systems.
- Critical sectors, like banking, are expected to adopt cloud-based deployment of services increasingly. This is due to the IT sector's continuing quest for optimized infrastructure and the ability of solution builders to source application and infrastructure components from multiple providers to construct a hybrid cloud-based solution, thereby augmenting the studied market growth.
- Most financial institution-specific cloud recovery vendors will inspect and upgrade their cloud infrastructure to ensure compliance, auditing, and financial sector standards are met. These regulatory modifications benefit smaller institutions that lack the resources to commit employee time to meet compliance criteria.
- With the aim to secure their IT processes and systems, secure customer critical data, and comply with government regulations, both private and public organizations are increasingly focused on implementing the latest technologies to prevent cyber attacks. Also, with greater customer expectations, growing technological capabilities, and regulatory requirements, banking institutions are being pushed to adopt a proactive approach to security.
- Some of the most common malware attacks that the banking industry faces include signature-less and file-less malware, which does not behave like other malicious programs but can instead exploit native processes to hide their activities.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America to Witness Moderate Growth
- The United States is one of the largest markets for DRaaS solutions globally. The country is the early adopter of digital transformation strategies that have led multiple end-users to become more vulnerable to cyber attacks, which has created the demand for a secure storage and recovery network. The country houses prominent players in the market such as IBM, Recovery Point, Sungard Availability Services, etc.
- With such an increasing number of data breaches in the country, both the public and private sectors are inclining to spend more toward cyber solutions to study these attacks and take preventive measures. The recent US budget has endorsed USD 19 billion for cybersecurity-related initiatives. End-users in the region are refocusing on organizational resiliency and minimizing downtime; enterprises of all sizes are looking for off-premise ways to implement disaster recovery.
- Multiple ransomware attacks are being centered around the United States. In July 2021, between 800 and 1,500 businesses worldwide were affected by a ransomware attack centered on the United States information technology firm Kaseya. The US Department of Justice recently announced to elevate investigations of ransomware attacks to a similar priority as terrorism, which showcases the severity of ransomware attacks in the country.
- Zerto acts as a vendor for more than 350 Managed Service Providers and 9,000 customers to provide disaster recovery, ransomware protection, and data and application mobility across hybrid, multi-cloud environments. The addition of Zerto is expected to accelerate HPE’s R&D talent roadmap and HPE’s transformation to become a prominent data management and protection provider to customers. Zerto will benefit by utilizing HPE’s distribution channel, global presence, and installed base.
- According to the Identity Theft Resource Center, the annual number of data breaches were 1,001, and 155.8 million records were exposed in the United States in 2020, whereas, in 2019, the total number of data breaches was 1,473 and records exposed were 164.7 million, which were considerably higher in comparison to 2020.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The DRaaS market is moderately competitive and consists of several major players. In terms of market share, few of the players currently dominate the market. However, with innovation in data storage and security systems, the companies are increasing their market presence by securing new contracts and tapping the emerging markets.
- May 2021 - Wanclouds, a multi-cloud SaaS and managed service provider launched its Multi-Cloud Disaster Recovery as a Service at KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Europe 2021. The company’s DRaaS solution reduces the financial investment and technical complexities that often halt or delay businesses from setting up disaster recovery protections and ensuring compliance requirements as extreme weather and cybersecurity risks increasingly threaten business continuity.
- October 2020 - Sungard Availability Services (Sungard AS), one of the leading providers of highly available, cloud-connected infrastructure in North America and Europe, has announced a new Private Cloud solution as the centerpiece of its end-to-end Connected Cloud ecosystem. Sungard AS Private Cloud offers a solution engineered to expand with customers at the speed they need to grow, with flexible minimum commitments and on-demand scalability, as enterprises explore methods to drive digital transformation within their operations.
- July 2021 - Hewlett Packard Enterprise entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Zerto, a prominent cloud data management and protection player, in a transaction valued at USD 374 million.
- October 2020 - IBM has announced the formation of a disaster recovery site utilizing IBM Cloud infrastructure to assist KAZ Minerals, Kazakhstan's top copper producer, in protecting and maintaining operations — even in the event of a calamity. IBM Cloud Bare Metal Servers and VMware Site Recovery Manager with vSphere Replication created the disaster recovery site. The solution is intended to automate migrating, recovering, testing, re-protecting, and failing-back virtual machine workloads while meeting service level targets.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.2.5 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3 Assessment of Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
4.4 Technology Snapshot
4.4.1 Fully Managed
4.4.3 Self Service
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Increasing Data Breach and Ransomware Attacks Creating a Need For Robust Data Protection Solutions
5.1.2 Reducing Operational Cost of DRaaS Solutions Compared to Traditional Solutions
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Complexity of Deployment and Setting Terms
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 End-user Vertical
6.1.5 Other End-user Verticals
6.2.1 North America
6.2.3 Asia Pacific
6.2.4 Rest of the World
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 iLand Internet Solutions Corporation
7.1.2 Microsoft Corporation
7.1.3 Recovery Point Systems Inc.
7.1.4 Evolve IP LLC
7.1.5 TierPoint LLC
7.1.6 IBM Corporation
7.1.7 Sungard Availability Services LP
7.1.8 C and W Business Ltd
7.1.9 Expedient Holdings USA LLC
7.1.11 Intervision Systems LLC
7.1.12 Phoenixnap LLC
7.1.13 Flexential Colorado Corp.
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Global Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) Market market is studied from 2019 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of Global Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) Market?
The Global Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) Market is growing at a CAGR of 12% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Global Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) Market?
North America is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Global Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) Market?
Asia-Pacific holds highest share in 2020.
Who are the key players in Global Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) Market?
Microsoft Corporation, iLand Internet Solutions Corporation, Recovery Point Systems Inc., IBM Corporation, Evolve IP LLC are the major companies operating in Global Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) Market.