The Global Desktop Virtualization Market was worth USD 4.98 billion in 2017, and is projected to reach USD 9.18 billion by 2023, registering a CAGR of 10.79%, during the period of 2018-2023. The scope of the report is limited to desktop delivery platform, including hosted virtual desktop (HVD), and hosted shared desktop (HSD), deployment mode, including on-premise and cloud, and end-user vertical, such as BFSI, healthcare, manufacturing, IT and telecommunication, and others. The regions considered in the scope of the report include North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of the World. The study also emphasizes the benefits of desktop virtualization in accordance with diverse industries and future prospect of the same.
Desktop virtualization is a technique to separate personal computing desktop environment from a physical machine, using the client-server model of computing. Virtualization is particularly valuable to the small and medium businesses, as it lowers the expenditure for hardware, and reduces the system administration and maintenance costs. The ability to reduce complexity, and deliver applications to mobile users, is boosting the adoption of desktop virtualization adoption in all diverse business segments. Furthermore, desktop virtualization is also expected to unlock benefits, such as reduction in operational costs, and increased user satisfaction, as it provides superior computing experience, and solves most of the complex problems. Thus, the aforementioned factors are expected to fuel the desktop virtualization market growth during the forecast period.
Growing Adoption of Cloud Computing
Cloud computing is being used by various organizations, in order to reduce operational costs, and ease the access to data and applications that are not installed on the computers or servers. Easy implementation, accessibility, and flexibility of cloud hosting are expected to drive the adoption of cloud computing by organizations. In 2017, it has been observed that around 74% of tech Chief financial officers (CFOs) opine that cloud computing will have the most measurable impact on their respective businesses, which is anticipated to propel the market growth, during the forecast period.
Cloud Deployment to Exhibit the Highest Growth
Cloud deployment includes service models, such as Desktop-as-a-Service (DaaS), Workspace-as-a-Service (WaaS), and Application/Software-as-a-Service (SaaS). Desktop virtualization is offered as a service over cloud networks, with all computing and supporting infrastructure hosted on the service provider’s side, in a cloud deployment mode, which makes the migration of data between working environments easy. In addition, companies have the option to scale up their requirements, and procure additional computing power and/or data, without the need for physical installation. This flexibility of DaaS enables better resource management.
Asia-Pacific to Witness the Highest Growth
Asia-Pacific is a hub for major IT outsourcing destinations for the major market players, across the industry verticals. Even though the desktop virtualization deployments in the region are not at par with the developed economies, there is an enormous, untapped potential in the region. The changing business models across the globe is expected to compel the organizations to shift their focus toward desktop virtualization, for increasingly efficient delivery, which in turn is likely to fuel the market in the region.
Major Players: Citrix Systems, Inc., Vmware, Inc, Ibm, Microsoft Corporation, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., and Toshiba Corporation, among others.
Key Developments in the Market
- July 2017 - Parallels launched Mac Management 6 for Microsoft SCCCM, which extends the Microsoft system center Configuration Manager Functionality
- June 2017 - Microsoft acquired Cloudyn, a company that helps enterprises and managed service providers optimize their investments in cloud services. This acquisition is expected to accelerate digital transformation for customers, and partners with Azure
- May 2017 - Dell and VMware announced their collaboration, which is intended to improvise end-user computing solutions. VMware’s AirWatch platform will be integrated with Dell Client Command, while VMware horizon will be integrated with Wyse converged infrastructure
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- The future prospect of the desktop virtualization market and opportunities.
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Regional analysis of the market
- Identifying the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel
Customization of the Report
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our representative, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
1.4 Key Findings of the Study
2. Research Approach and Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Value Chain
4.3 Factors Driving the Market
4.3.1 Increasing Demand to Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) at Work Place
4.3.2 Growing Adoption of Cloud Computing
4.3.3 Desktop Virtualization Support Inorganic Growth
4.4 Factors Restraining the Market
4.4.1 Lack of Infrastructure
4.5 Industry Attractiveness – Porter's Five Industry Forces Analysis
4.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products or Services
4.5.5 Competitive Rivalry among Existing Competitors
5. Global Desktop Virtualization Market Segmentation
5.1 By Desktop Delivery Platform
5.1.1 Hosted Virtual Desktop (HVD)
5.1.2 Hosted Shared Desktop (HSD)
5.2 By Deployment Mode
5.3 By End-user Vertical
5.3.4 IT and Telecommunication
5.4 By Geography
5.4.1 North America
188.8.131.52 United States
184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4.4 Latin America
5.4.5 Middle East & Africa
6. Competitive Intelligence – Company Profiles
7. Company Market Share
7.1 Citrix Systems, Inc.
7.2 VMware, Inc
7.3 Toshiba Corporation
7.5 Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
7.6 Microsoft Corporation
7.7 Parallels International GmbH
7.8 Dell Inc.
7.9 Red Hat, Inc.
7.10 NComputing Co. LTD
7.11 Ericom Software
7.12 Oracle Corporation
7.13 Amazon Web Services, Inc.
*List not exhaustive
8. Opportunities in Global Desktop Virtualization Market