Data Loss Prevention Market
The Data Loss Prevention Market was valued at USD 1.47 billion in 2017, and is expected to record a CAGR of over 23.59%, during the forecast period of 2018-2023, to reach USD 5.24 billion, by 2023. The market has been segmented by deployment type (on-premise, cloud-based), solution (network DLP, endpoint DLP, storage-based DLP), service (managed service, professional service), end-user industry, and region.
Data loss prevention (DLP) solutions are gaining traction, as enterprises are looking for different ways to reduce the risk of data leakage to external entities. Technology providers are developing automated solutions that enable enterprises to counter the rising number and sophistication of attackers, through integration and acquisitions.
Various factors, such as increasing data breaches and lack of knowledge about the security concerns of employees are contributing to the growth of the market studied. Moreover, the demand is also driven being by the growing adoption of cloud-based services, data transfer across public cloud services, and increasing focus on the insider threat that many organizations face on a daily basis. As the demand for digital assets is expected to increase in the future, so is the need for data protection solutions. However, performance concerns and lack of awareness are projected to hamper the growth of the data loss prevention market, over the forecast period.
Rising Data Breaches and Cyber Attacks across the Globe Fueling the Market’s Growth
Data breaches have gained extensive attention, as businesses of all the sizes have become increasingly reliant, on cloud computing, digital data, and workforce mobility. With sensitive data being stored on enterprise databases on local machines and cloud servers, breaching a company’s data has become as simple as gaining access to restricted networks. Publicly disclosed data breaches have increased in frequency, due to which, public awareness regarding the potential for data breaches has begun to rise. Most of the significant data breaches recorded in history were reported in 2005 or beyond, due to the exponential growth in the global volume of data, year after year.
CyberScout has been reporting on the number of data breaches and records exposed in the United States, since 2005. According to CyberScount, in 2016, around 1,093 data breaches were recorded in the United States, with 36.6 million records exposed. On the other hand, around 1,579 data breaches were reported in 2017, with at least 178.96 million total records exposed, thereby indicating an exponential increase in breaches. Besides, according to Risk Based Security, during the first three months of 2018, there were a total of 686 global data breaches, which resulted in 1.46 billion records being exposed. The majority of the breaches recorded resulted from hacking attacks. To counter the increasing number of data breaches and mounting security threats, small businesses and large enterprises are looking for enhanced solutions, thereby augmenting the growth of the data loss prevention market.
North America to Account the Largest Share in Data Loss Prevention Market Share
The dominance of North America in the market studied can be attributed to the early and robust adoption of Big Data and cloud technologies. However, the region has an advanced infrastructure capability, thus leading to the largest revenue generation, in the market studied. The rise in the number of cyber-attacks and the need to protect data are boosting the demand for DLP (data loss prevention) solutions, across various businesses. Moreover, the enactment of stringent government initiatives to enhance the security of customer information is projected to boost the growth of the North American segment, over the forecast period.
Key Developments in the Data Loss Prevention Market
- May 2018: Symantec Corporation, the leading global cybersecurity company, announced the inauguration of a new privacy research center, based in Germany. The new location effort is two-fold, to give consumers greater control over their personal data and their online footprints, and to offer governments and corporations additional tools to help them be responsible custodians of data they handle.
- Nov 2017: Symantec Corp. introduced new features across its human-centric security portfolio, which delivers critical visibility, efficacy, and enforcement capabilities, to enterprises and government agencies. The company announced plans to release more than .40 new software and hardware features across cloud, data loss prevention, and next-generation firewall.
Data Loss Prevention Market Major Players:
- Symantec Corporation
- CA Technologies
- Trend Micro Incorporated
- GTB Technologies, Inc.
- Trustwave Holdings Inc.
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- Digital Guardian
- Forcepoint LLC
- McAfee LLC
- Absolute Software Corporation
- Proofpoint Inc.
- Gemalto NV
- Sophos Group PLC
Reasons to Purchase Data Loss Prevention Market Report
- Current and future data loss prevention market outlook, in the developed and emerging economies
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market, with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market studied
- The regions that are expected to witness the fastest growth, during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 month analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel).
Customization of Data Loss Prevention Market Report
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our representative, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1. Key Study Deliverables
1.2. Market Definition
1.3. Study Assumptions
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Insights
4.1. Data Loss Prevention Market Overview
4.2. Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2. Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.2.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4. Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.2.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.3. Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4. Technology Roadmap
5. Market Dynamics
5.1. Data Loss Prevention Market Drivers
5.1.1. Increasing Adoption of Cloud Services
5.1.2. Rising Data Breaches and Cyber Attacks across the Globe
5.1.3. Growing Compliance and Regulatory Demands
5.2. Data Loss Prevention Market Restraints
5.2.1. Lack of Awareness
5.2.2. Performance Concerns
6. Global Data Loss Prevention Market Segmentation
6.1. Data Loss Prevention Market By Deployment Type
6.2. Data Loss Prevention Market By Solution
6.2.1. Network DLP
6.2.2. Endpoint DLP
6.2.3. Datacenter-/Storage-based DLP
6.3. Data Loss Prevention Market By Service
6.3.1. Managed Service
6.3.2. Professional Service
6.4. Data Loss Prevention Market By End-user Industry
6.4.1. Telecommunication and IT
6.4.3. Government and Public Utilities
6.4.6. Retail and Logistics
6.4.7. Aerospace, Defense, and Intelligence
6.4.8. Other End-user Industries
6.5. Data Loss Prevention Market By Region
6.5.1. North America
184.108.40.206. United States
220.127.116.11. United Kingdom
18.104.22.168. Rest of Europe
22.214.171.124. Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.5.4. Latin America
6.5.5. Middle East & Africa
7. Data Loss Prevention Market Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
7.1. Symantec Corporation
7.2. CA Technologies
7.3. Trend Micro Incorporated
7.4. GTB Technologies Inc.
7.5. Trustwave Holdings Inc.
7.6. Cisco Systems Inc.
7.7. Digital Guardian
7.8. Forcepoint LLC
7.9. McAfee LLC
7.11. Absolute Software Corporation
7.12. Proofpoint Inc.
7.13. Gemalto NV
7.14. Sophos Group PLC
*(List Not Exhaustive)
8. Data Loss Prevention Market Investment Analysis
9. Future of the Global Data Loss Prevention Market