Data Catalog Industry Overview
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Data Catalog Market Analysis
The Data Catalog Market was valued at USD 723.55 million in the current year and is expected to reach USD 1,788.49 million over the next five years, registering a CAGR of approximately 23.1% over the forecast period. The major factors driving the growth of the Data Catalog Market include the shift toward digital transformation, increasing adoption of cloud-based solutions, and the global shift towards remote working has further increased the demand for solutions that help in enhancing the security and comfort of work.
- A catalog is a directory of information that includes details about databases, files, and data sets. It provides information about the location of a data set and additional details about the kind of device on which the file is stored. The need to access large amounts of data collected from various sources to obtain a consolidated perspective of the data for improving the decision-making process, the production of enormous amounts of data, and the expansion of adoption of self-service analytics are principal driving factors for the market.
- The proliferation of unique and proprietary datasets has fueled demand for data catalogs o,n companies, consumers, and end markets, which promise fresh perspectives and insights to boost productivity and forecast outcomes. According to a study by Sisense, about 55% of the companies studied have started to use data to improve efficiency, about 47% to support customers, and about 45% to predict future outcomes. Since small firms are more concerned with efficiency than larger enterprises, the industry is seeing an increase in the demand for products like data catalogs.
- Cloud-based data catalog solutions are gaining high traction due to the multiple benefits of the cloud deployment mode. These advantages include reduced operational expenses, straightforward deployments, and greater scalability in terms of networked resources. They also give businesses using real-time analysis more working freedom and simplify real-time deployment. TIBCO Software, AWS, and IBM are cloud data catalog solutions providers.
- However, the lack of standardization in data management and data security & privacy concerns among different enterprises hampers the market growth. Furthermore, a surge in investment in AI-enabled data catalog solutions and a rise in automation technology are anticipated to create significant opportunities in the data catalog market.
- The trend toward remote work and the requirement for the cloud has increased the demand for workplace efficiency and security solutions. As a result, there is a significantly higher need for various solutions that help businesses with data analytics. There is also a good acceptance trend for these solutions. Therefore, it can be assessed that COVID-19 positively impacted the data catalog market. The movement will continue to grow over the next few years, owing to the need for data analytics to understand the market better.
Data Catalog Industry Segments
Data Catalog gives a single self-service environment to the users, which helps them understand, find, and trust the data source. It also helps the users discover new data sources if any. A data catalog is a knowledge directory that gives information about the data sets, databases, or files. It determines where a data set is located and other information concerning the machine's kind of data.
The Data Catalog Market is segmented by Component (Solutions, Services), Deployment Mode (Cloud, On-Premises), End-user Industry Vertical (BFSI, Retail & E-commerce, Healthcare, Manufacturing), and Geography. The market sizes and forecasts are provided in terms of value (USD million) for all the above segments.
|By Deployment Mode|
|By End-user Industry|
|Retail & E-commerce|
|Other End-user Industries|
|Middle East and Africa|
Data Catalog Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Data Catalog Market according to our research experts:
Solutions Segment is Expected to Hold a Larger Market Size
- The solutions segment is anticipated to possess a larger market size through the forecast period in the data catalog market. The combined solution renders optimization of individual productivity, improved data quality, elimination of data duplication and data silos, and simplified data discovery.
- The advancement of self-analytic data and the intensification of data in the new-age business are the principal factors that present attractive opportunities for the growth of data catalog solution components. For Instance, According to Seagate, The volume of data/information created, captured, copied, and consumed globally was 79 Zettabytes last year and 97 Zettabytes in the current year and is projected to increase over the forecast period. This accelerated development of digitalization adds to the ever-growing global data.
- Several industry verticals, such as Healthcare, Banking, Financial Services, Insurance (BFSI), and retail and e-Commerce, are using data catalog solutions to access and interpret massive volumes of data, form business strategies, and deliver business-critical decisions driving the demand for solution segment. For example, for firms like Alteryx, data cataloging is available through Alteryx Connect. The solution centralizes metrics, business terms and definitions, and information assets for discoverability and collaboration that lets users determine the kinds of information their data includes, who it uses, where it comes from, and how it is used.
- Lastly, to assist businesses in making more data-driven decisions, business intelligence integrates business analytics, data mining, data visualization, data tools and infrastructure, and best practices. Data catalogs help business intelligence teams perform efficient analytics by centralizing dashboards and automating the reporting procedure. Enterprises require a statistical modeling technique to assist them in making various business-related decisions, which fuels the market's growth.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America Expected to Dominate the Data Catalog Market
- The market is predicted to grow quickly throughout the forecast period due to the expanding use of data in numerous BI tools and the increased acceptance of digital technologies in sectors like BFSI, healthcare, telecom and IT, and manufacturing. The region has emerged as a leader in BI technology innovations, research and development (R&D), and technological advancements. Product releases are one of the main techniques used by market players. In need of BI tools to develop a deep level of expertise and produce effective results, they are supplied with enormous amounts of data. This necessity has made BI tools one of the Data Catalog Market's biggest data consumers.
- Given the emphasis on innovations in the US and Canada, North America is considered the region that generates the highest revenue. The data catalog markets in these countries are the most dynamic and competitive in the world. North America is regarded as one of the top prospective areas for growth due to the faster rate of infrastructure development and the vast expansion of data from all industry verticals.
- Moreover, North America is the market leader in the global data catalog industry and is highly competitive due to the widespread use of digital technology and the expanding demand for business intelligence products globally. Growth in this region is fueled by the traditional businesses' accelerating expansion, the vast data production from every sector, and the use of self-service analytics.
- The market for data catalogs is expanding due to the leading solution providers' presence in North America. Collibra NV, Alation Inc., TIBCO Software Inc., Informatica Inc., IBM Corporation, Alteryx Inc., Hitachi Vantara LLC, Amazon Web Services Inc., Microsoft Corporation, and Datawatch Corporation are a few of the prominent players in the region.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Data Catalog Market Competitor Analysis
The Data Catalog Market is expected to move towards fragmentation owing to the presence of several significant players globally. Market players are adopting advanced strategies such as collaboration, mergers and acquisitions, and partnerships to capture a substantial market share in the global market. Major vendors in the market are IBM, Informatica, Alteryx, Collibra, Alation, Microsoft, TIBCO Software, Datawatch Corporation, and Zaloni, among others.
Some of the key developments are observed. In October 2022, IIGCC launched a data catalog to help its members review and select data vendors to support the implementation of investor net zero commitments and transition plans across three asset classes: Corporates (listed equity and debt), Real estate, and Sovereign bonds. Also, in September 2022, Alation partnered with Fivetran, a global leader in modern data integration. Following their collaboration, the businesses wanted to make it possible for their clients to understand and locate the entire data context in the latest data stack. The partnership combined reliable, controlled data from many sources into a single perspective using the Fivetran Metadata API. This enhances decision-making and data pipelines while increasing data visibility.
- In August 2022, Data catalog platform vendor Alation launched a new service designed to make it easier for Snowflake Data Cloud users to catalog data. Alation also released an update to its data catalog that provides users with enhanced data governance capabilities. The Alation Cloud Service (ACS) for Snowflake is the first time the data catalog vendor has provided a purpose-built offering for a specific cloud data service.
Data Catalog Market Top Players
TIBCO Software Inc.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Data Catalog Market Recent Developments
- November 2022 - Amazon EMR customers can now use AWS Glue Data Catalog from their streaming and batch SQL workflows on Flink. The AWS Glue Data Catalog is an Apache Hive metastore-compatible catalog. With this release, Companies can directly run Flink SQL queries against the tables stored in the Data Catalog.
- September 2022 - Syniti, a global leader in enterprise data management, updated new data quality and catalog capabilities available in its industry-leading Syniti Knowledge Platform, building on the enhancements in data migration and data matching added earlier this year. The Syniti Knowledge Platform now includes data quality, catalog, matching, replication, migration, and governance, all available under one login in a single cloud solution. It provides users with a complete and unified data management platform enabling them to deliver faster and better business outcomes with data they can trust.
- August 2022 - Oracle Cloud Infrastructure collaborated with Anaconda, the world's most recognized data science platform provider. By permitting and integrating the latter company's repository throughout OCI Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence services, the collaboration aimed to give safe, open-source Python and R tools and packages.
Data Catalog Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness – Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Assessment of Impact of COVID-19 on the Industry
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Growing adoption of Cloud Based Solutions
5.1.2 Solutions Segment is Expected to Hold a Larger Market Size
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Lack of Standardization and Security Concerns
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Component
6.2 By Deployment Mode
6.3 By End-user Industry
6.3.2 Retail & E-commerce
6.3.5 Other End-user Industries
6.4.1 North America
6.4.3 Asia Pacific
6.4.4 Latin America
6.4.5 Middle East and Africa
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 IBM Corporation
7.1.2 Microsoft Corporation
7.1.3 TIBCO Software Inc.
7.1.4 Collibra NV
7.1.5 Alation Inc.
7.1.6 Informatica Inc.
7.1.7 Alteryx Inc.
7.1.8 Altair Enginnering Inc.
7.1.9 Amazon Web Services, Inc.
7.1.10 Zaloni, Inc.
7.1.11 Oracle Corporation
7.1.12 Hitachi Vantara LLC
7.1.13 SAP SE
7.1.14 Tamr, Inc.
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Data Catalog Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Data Catalog Market market is studied from 2017 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Data Catalog Market?
The Data Catalog Market is growing at a CAGR of 23.1% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Data Catalog Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Data Catalog Market?
North America holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Data Catalog Market?
IBM Corporation, Microsoft Corporation, TIBCO Software Inc. , Collibra NV, Alation Inc. are the major companies operating in Data Catalog Market.
Data Catalog Industry Reports
In-depth industry statistics and market share insights of the Data Catalog sector for 2020, 2021, and 2022. The Data Catalog research report provides a comprehensive outlook of the market size and an industry growth forecast for 2023 to 2028. Available to download is a free sample file of the Data Catalog report PDF.