Czech Republic Solar Energy Market Size
|2019 - 2029
|Base Year For Estimation
|Forecast Data Period
|2024 - 2029
|Historical Data Period
|2019 - 2022
|> 2.50 %
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Czech Republic Solar Energy Market Analysis
The Czech Republic Solar Energy Market is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 2.5% during the forecast period.
The market was negatively impacted by COVID-19. Presently the market has now reached pre-pandemic levels.
- The primary driver for the market includes government initiatives that include the use of clean and alternative sources of energy to protect the environment from growing carbon emissions.
- However, the lack of certainty in the framework of the regulations and the limitations of the existing electricity transmission and distribution structures is expected to hinder the market growth during the forecast period. Also, developments in nuclear power plant projects are expected to restrain the solar energy market growth during the forecast period.
- With increasing carbon emissions, the government of the Czech Republic is expected to increase its renewable energy share in total electricity production. With nearly 15% renewable share in electricity generation in 2019, the country is estimated to increase the share to nearly 22% by 2030. Moreover, it has been estimated that renewable energy consumption will increase to nearly 230 PJ by 2030, which is likely to create an opportunity for the solar market to grow shortly.
Czech Republic Solar Energy Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Czech Republic Solar Energy Market according to our research experts:
Growing Demand for Clean Electricity to Drive the Market
- Electricity plays a vital role as a factor in economic growth and social welfare, in so it is essential to have an accessible, reliable, and sustainable form of energy.
- In 2021, the Czech Republic will have a solar installed capacity of around 2119 MW, with a renewable energy capacity of around 4415 MW. Czech Republic's renewable energy shares around 21.1% of the total electricity generation in the country.
- Moreover, the Czech Republic's demand for electricity is expected to have a demand of around 83 terra watt-hours (TWh) by 2025, and with its target to reduce carbon emission by having an alternative source of energy, renewable sources are likely to grow during the period.
- The present objective of using at least 40% renewable energy sources in the EU's overall energy mix by 2030 was raised by the European Commission in July 2021 from 32% to 40%. With the government's objective to increase renewable energy sources, electricity production is expected to grow, driving the market.
- Solar energy is becoming inexpensive compared to other conventional energy sources due to innovations in the solar sector that have reduced the global average selling prices of solar PV. With the anticipated technological improvements and increased supply of panels from China/Europe, the capital costs are expected to stabilize at lower levels. As a result, investors/developers are expected to focus on the commercial viability of solar projects.
Development in Nuclear Power Projects is Likely to Restrain the Growth of the Market
- The Czech Republic generates 34% of its electricity from nuclear sources, including two reactors at Temelin and four at Dukovany. Temelin is also considering adding more reactors.
- With existing nuclear power plants in Dukovany and Temelin, the country is planning to expand its plant capacity. The plants in Temelin are expected to get increased to nearly 1028 MW and 1026 MW during the forecast period.
- Moreover, In March 2022, To enhance its production of nuclear energy, the Czech Republic on Thursday announced the opening of a tender for the construction of a new reactor at the Dukovany nuclear plant. Three businesses are anticipated to submit a bid for the lucrative project after passing a security assessment by the Czech government: U.S. Westinghouse, France's EDF, and Korea's KHNP. The project will cost an estimated 6 billion euros, making it the largest investment ever made in the Czech Republic.
- In March 2022, Czechia informed the Commission in March 2022 that it intended to fund the development and operation of a new nuclear power station in Dukovany with a maximum electricity output capacity of 1200 MW. There is already a nuclear power facility there at Dukovany.
- With government intervention, the country is planning to increase its electricity generation from nuclear power plants to nearly 50% by 2025. In 2022, the operable nuclear power capacity of the Czech Republic accounted for 3934 MWe.
- Thus, based on the above points, with the increasing government's investment in nuclear projects and targets, nuclear power is likely to restrain the market in the forecast period.
Czech Republic Solar Energy Industry Overview
The Czech Republic Solar Energy Market is moderately consolidated. The key players in the market (not in particular order) include Ekotechnik Czech SRO, SVP Solar SRO, Solar Global AS, Solartec Holding AS, and Photon Energy NV.
Czech Republic Solar Energy Market Leaders
Ekotechnik Czech SRO
SVP Solar SRO
Solar Global AS
Solartec Holding AS
Photon Energy NV
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Czech Republic Solar Energy Market News
- October 2022: Photon Energy NV, an Amsterdam-based provider of solar and water solutions, received EUR 28.1 million (USD 27.8 million) in long-term refinancing for its photovoltaic (PV) power plants in the Czech Republic, ensuring the facilities' liquidity through the end of 2029.
- May 2022: the Czech Republic is working harder to support agrivoltaics to further its goal of becoming an energy self-sufficient nation. In order to help farmers and landowners quickly meet the requirements of soil conservation while also installing solar panels, the environment minister announced a few changes to the law on agricultural land protection.
Czech Republic Solar Energy Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Scope of the Study
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Study Assumptions
2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
4. MARKET OVERVIEW
4.2 Czech Republic Renewable Enery Mix, 2019
4.3 Solar Energy Installed Capacity in MW, till 2027
4.4 Recent Trends and Developments
4.5 Government Policies and Regulations
4.6 Market Dynamics
4.7 Supply Chain Analysis
4.8 PESTLE Analysis
5. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
5.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
5.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
5.3 Company Profiles
5.3.1 Ekotechnik Czech SRO
5.3.2 SVP Solar SRO
5.3.3 Solar Global AS
5.3.4 Solartec Holding AS
5.3.5 Photon Energy NV
- *List Not Exhaustive
6. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Czech Republic Solar Energy Market Research FAQs
What is the current Czech Republic Solar Energy Market size?
The Czech Republic Solar Energy Market is projected to register a CAGR of greater than 2.5% during the forecast period (2024-2029)
Who are the key players in Czech Republic Solar Energy Market?
Ekotechnik Czech SRO, SVP Solar SRO, Solar Global AS, Solartec Holding AS and Photon Energy NV are the major companies operating in the Czech Republic Solar Energy Market.
What years does this Czech Republic Solar Energy Market cover?
The report covers the Czech Republic Solar Energy Market historical market size for years: 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023. The report also forecasts the Czech Republic Solar Energy Market size for years: 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028 and 2029.
Czech Republic Solar Energy Industry Report
Statistics for the 2024 Czech Republic Solar Energy market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Czech Republic Solar Energy analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2029 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.