Crowdsourced Testing Market Size
|2019 - 2029
|Base Year For Estimation
|Fastest Growing Market
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Crowdsourced Testing Market Analysis
The Crowdsourced Testing Market is expected to register a CAGR of 10.5% over the forecast period. Some primary drivers determining a product's success in contemporary markets constitute a feature-rich platform, faster production and consequently shorter time to market, and global outreach.
- Subsequently, enterprises and businesses are constantly looking for innovative testing and development methods to manifest and manage the drivers which encourage the release of consistently tested and fixed offerings. One such technique which gained popularity over the pandemic period was crowdsourced testing.
- The internet is the motor of the modern-day crowdsourcing platform. It provides a broadcast mechanism for organizations to set or announce challenges and a network connecting people and their diverse ideas, skill sets, and knowledge. According to the social media management platform Hootsuite, as of 2021, over 93% of regular internet users were active on social media. Furthermore, 72% of Americans use social media.
- In the Crowdsourced Testing Market, mobile testing services under the platform type segment are expected to record the highest growth rate during the forecast period, as there has been a massive increase in the number of mobile-based applications suiting different Operating Systems (OS), such as Android and iOS.
- Besides generating potential solutions to pre-defined problems, crowdsourcing is a valuable strategy to access external, non-redundant, and problem-specific knowledge. The vastness and variety of perspectives generated by the crowd can also encourage designers to increase their understanding of the actual problem. Despite all these factors, the number and diversity of inputs without any structuring or segmentation could be negative, since it is considerably challenging to develop a clear picture and good understanding of haphazardly presented crowdsourced knowledge.
- Apart from that, concerns over data privacy regulations across the globe, managing the crowd to achieve efficiency in testing, and concerns over data security and confidentiality are some factors restraining market growth. In addition, adopting cloud computing to enhance device virtualization and tester support and the development of IoT to increase the need for end-user testing services will provide adequate opportunities for market growth.
- Crowdsourcing as an emerging model became more relevant through the COVID-19 pandemic. Remote work also encouraged crowdsource testing to maximize the testing process while minimizing the necessary investment for companies. Further, customers are looking at adopting remote QA, on-demand QA, or any remote working model with enterprises looking to cut costs to remove CAPEX and maintain business continuity through respective lockdowns.
Crowdsourced Testing Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Crowdsourced Testing Market according to our research experts:
Large Enterprises to Constitute a Significant Market Size
- Large enterprises are expected to hold a more extensive market size during the forecast period, as it helps them in attaining high-level of quality assurance, fasten development and release process, and streamline bug handling, which is critical to their development teams and helps in enhancing the overall organization's quality and agility.
- Open strategies for innovation have long been the standard for some large businesses. For instance, P&G's 'Connect + Develop' enabled the company to establish more than 2,000 successful agreements with innovation partners worldwide.
- Further, IBM started an internal innovation experiment that evolved into its 'InnovationJam' platform, which it uses to work with clients, helping participants to 'jam' by contributing their expertise and opinions on various topics. Thomson Reuters uses crowdsourcing internally to tap into the skills of its 17,000 technologists, finding new problem solvers and breaking down department silos.
- Further, in August 2022, Sofy, a Seattle startup that delivers a no-code platform for developers and quality assurance professionals to test their mobile apps, raised USD 7.75 million in new funding. The funds would be used to develop the platform's capabilities to serve web and API functions and test mobile apps. Such advancements in QA and testing will fuel market growth even further.
- Moreover, RWS claimed that the number of connections between devices, apps, people, and their homes is increasing at an alarming rate. There were 14.2 billion connected devices in 2019, which was expected to exceed 25 billion. This necessitates significant leaps in testing and development and the introduction of new software testing methodologies.
North America to hold Significant Market Share
- America is expected to hold a significant share during the forecast period, owing to the quick adoption of advanced technologies, such as the cloud, helping crowdsourced testing service providers implement efficient solutions. The market in North America is growing due to the presence of vendors, particularly in Canada.
- North America is a technology hub. Therefore, the federal government has strict rules regarding security crowdsource testing services. Furthermore, it is compulsory for industries, such as BFSI, to adhere to compliance testing.
- With a presence in the US, companies like QAwerk focus on testing games, mobile and desktop applications, and websites. About 60% of the company's projects fall under the long-term collaboration. The industries that QAwerk works with are e-government, e-commerce, startups, business automation, media and entertainment, and data mining.
- Furthermore, a ministry of the Canadian government contacted QA Consultants to attempt test automation that had previously failed. The manual test effort involved regression test execution that was no longer viable. QA Consultants' skilled test automation experts developed both an automation framework and scripts for use in their regular regression testing.
- Moreover, the presence of developed economies, such as the United States and Canada, which are rapidly implementing the latest technologies due to increased internet penetration and improving customer demand, is also considered to be a key factor for the growth of the crowdsourced testing market in the region.
Crowdsourced Testing Industry Overview
The Crowdsourced Testing Market is moderately competitive and consists of several major players, such as Global App Testing, Infosys Limited, Applause App Quality Inc., test IO Inc., and Synack Inc. Crowdsourced testing companies are dedicated to decreasing their manufacturing costs. On the other hand, they try to give more equipped products to customers. Besides, they seek to broaden the applications of crowdsourced testing.
In May 2021, NRI Australia acquired Planit. With this acquisition, Planit continues to operate under NRI Australia's brand. The acquisition was consistent with NRI's strategy to broaden its capability and global footprint as part of its "Vision2022" strategy, with an aim to expand NRI's client base in other industrial sectors and strengthen its presence in the Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
In February 2021, Qualitest acquired QA Infotech, a well-known independent quality assurance firm in India. This acquisition aimed to enable the newly formed organization to better serve its customers by delivering best-in-class testing solutions and expanding delivery capacity. Furthermore, the acquisition would aid in the co-development of advanced testing solutions with a distinct emphasis on automation in a digital environment.
Crowdsourced Testing Market Leaders
Global App Testing
test IO Inc.
Applause App Quality Inc.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Crowdsourced Testing Market News
- January 2022: Testlio, the pioneer of networked testing, introduced fused testing. This new methodology combined expert manual testing with the efficiency of test automation, assisting engineering and product leaders in meeting increased customer demands for exceptional digital experiences.
- February 2021: Applause App Quality Inc., a crowdsourced testing solutions company, announced the launch of its Excellent Product Platform, which would provide customers with enterprise-grade software-as-a-service infrastructure, digital testing solutions, and access to the world's largest community of digital experts.
Crowdsourced Testing Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Rise in the Number of Operating Systems, Devices, and Applications
4.2.2 Demand for Scaling Quality Assurance of Software to Magnify Customer Experience
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Concerns Over Data Privacy Regulations Over the Globe
4.4 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.6 Assessment of the Impact of COVID-19 on the Crowdsourced Testing Market
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Platform
5.2 By Organization Size
5.2.1 Small & Medium-Sized Enterprises (SMEs)
5.2.2 Large Enterprises
5.3 By End-user Vertical
5.3.2 IT and Telecom
5.3.4 Healthcare & Life Sciences
5.3.5 Media & Entertainment
5.3.6 Other End-user Verticals (Power, Hospitality, and Transportation)
5.4 By Geography
5.4.1 North America
5.4.4 Latin America
5.4.5 Middle East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Global App Testing
6.1.2 Infosys Limited
6.1.3 Applause App Quality Inc.
6.1.4 test IO Inc.
6.1.5 Synack Inc.
6.1.6 Planit Testing
6.1.7 Testbirds GmbH
6.1.8 Cobalt Labs Inc.
6.1.9 Bugcrowd Inc.
6.1.10 Crowdsourced Testing SPA
6.1.11 Flatworld Solutions
6.1.12 Qualitrix Technologies Pvt. Ltd
6.1.13 Qualitest Inc.
6.1.14 QA InfoTech
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
Crowdsourced Testing Market Research FAQs
What is the current Crowdsourced Testing Market size?
The Crowdsourced Testing Market is projected to register a CAGR of 10.5% during the forecast period (2024-2029)
Who are the key players in Crowdsourced Testing Market?
Global App Testing, Infosys Limited, test IO Inc., Synack, Inc., Applause App Quality Inc. and Synack Inc. are the major companies operating in the Crowdsourced Testing Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Crowdsourced Testing Market?
Asia-Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2024-2029).
Which region has the biggest share in Crowdsourced Testing Market?
In 2024, the North America accounts for the largest market share in Crowdsourced Testing Market.
What years does this Crowdsourced Testing Market cover?
The report covers the Crowdsourced Testing Market historical market size for years: 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023. The report also forecasts the Crowdsourced Testing Market size for years: 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028 and 2029.
Crowdsourced Testing Industry Report
Statistics for the 2024 Crowdsourced Testing market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Crowdsourced Testing analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2029 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.