Creatinine Assay Kits Market Snapshot
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia-Pacific|
|Largest Market:||North America|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The creatinine assay kits market is expected to register a CAGR of 5.3% during the forecast period.
- There was a significant COVID-19 impact observed on the market studied. This was majorly attributed to the occurrence of kidney diseases among the individuals who suffered from COVID-19. The patients who survived COVID-19 exhibited an increased risk of acute kidney injury (AKI), estimated glomerular filtration rate (eGFR) declined, end-stage kidney disease (ESKD), and significant adverse kidney events (MAKE). The risks (and burdens) of kidney outcomes increased according to the severity of the acute infection. Thus, due to the high incidence rate of COVID-19, the burden of kidney diseases increased worldwide, which propelled the demand for creatinine assay kits to detect and diagnose kidney diseases and boosted the growth of the market studied. However, the market studied is currently performing at a pre-pandemic pace as COVID-19 illness and its associated impact have declined.
- The increasing incidence of renal and other chronic disorders, technological advancements in biomedical research about kidney disorders, and increasing research and development initiatives are the key driving factors in the creatinine assay kits market. Creatinine assay kits measure creatinine levels in serum/plasma, urine, and other biological samples. Creatinine assay is used to analyze the protein metabolism in the body, and the creatinine levels can be affected by changes in muscle mass, pregnancy, cancer, etc. Creatinine levels in the blood will increase and deflect in the blood test if the kidney is not in good condition. The creatinine test is performed by using a specific creatinine assay kit and can be performed for different conditions like hypertension, diabetes, and cancers.
- According to the International Society of Nephrology 2021 data, yearly, approximately 13.3 million cases of acute kidney injury (AKI) globally are exceptionally high in emerging countries, where annual incidence is estimated to be 11.3 million. Hence, with the increasing burden of kidney diseases, there is a growing demand for creatinine assay kits for diagnosis purposes, fueling the market growth worldwide.
- Furthermore, as per Globocan, the burden of cancer is expected to reach 605,726 cases by 2040. The high burden of kidney cancer boosted the early detection of kidney diseases, thereby driving the renal biomarkers market. According to the research study published in April 2021, titled, Global epidemiology of end-stage kidney disease (ESKD) and disparities in kidney replacement therapy, end-stage kidney disease (ESKD) was a rapidly increasing global health and healthcare burden, and the average number of new ESKD diagnoses worldwide was 144 individuals per million general population. Thus, the demand for renal biomarkers for detecting and diagnosing ESKD is expected to increase, likely to boost the growth in the market studied.
- However, identifying novel renal biomarkers and the limited usage of creatinine assay kits in in-vitro diagnostic devices hinder the global market growth.
Scope of the Report
As per the scope of this report, creatinine assay kits are used to measure creatinine levels in serum/plasma, urine, and other biological samples. The creatinine assay kits market is segmented by type (Jaffe's kinetic test kits, creatinine-PAP test kits, and ELISA test kits), type of sample (blood/serum, urine, and other samples), and geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa, and South America). The report offers the value (in USD million) for the above segments. The market report also covers the estimated market sizes and trends for 17 different countries across major regions, globally. The report offers the value (in USD million) for the above segments.
|Jaffe's Kinetic Test kits|
|Creatinine-PAP Test kits|
|ELISA Test kits|
|By Type of Sample|
Key Market Trends
Blood/Serum Segment is Expected to Witness Rapid Growth over the Forecast Period
Serum creatinine is one of the most widely used laboratory tests for kidney function. It is used to derive the estimated glomerular filtration rate (eGFR) as an indicator of kidney function. It is also used as an ideal indicator for the determination of chronic kidney diseases. The creatinine concentration in blood is inversely proportional to the glomerular filtration rate (GFR), which is an ideal marker of kidney function. Unfortunately, measuring GFR is time-consuming, and therefore GFR is usually estimated from equations that consider endogenous filtration markers like serum creatinine (sCr).
The growing incidence of chronic kidney disease, rising R&D activities, adoption of key strategic initiatives by major players, and the growing launches and advancement in serum creatinine tests are boosting the market growth. As per the PubMed data published in February 2022, the prevalence of chronic kidney disease in Asia in low- and middle-income countries was around 11.2%, which was significantly high. This increases the demand for creatinine tests, thereby driving the market.
Additionally, the research on serum creatinine and the collaborations by various organizations in this area are increasing worldwide. For instance, in September 2021, the National Kidney Foundation (NKF) and the American Society of Nephrology (ASN) Task Force rolled out regulations for the adoption of the new eGFR 2021 CKD EPI (chronic kidney disease epidemiology collaboration) creatinine equation that estimated kidney function without a race variable. The task force also recommended increased use of cystatin C combined with serum (blood) creatinine as a confirmatory assessment of kidney function. Such initiatives are likely to boost the demand for serum creatinine biomarker tests.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America is Expected to Hold a Significant Share in the Market Currently and During the Forecast Period
North America is expected to hold a significant share in the global creatinine assay kits market due to the increasing incidence of renal disorders and other chronic disorders impacting renal function and technological advancements in biomedical research about kidney disorders in this region.
According to the CDC data from March 2021, approximately 37 million people, or 15% of US adults, are estimated to have chronic kidney disease (CKD). Chronic kidney disease (CKD) is estimated to be more common in women (16%) than in men (13%). Furthermore, favorable reimbursement policies and well-established healthcare infrastructure are fueling the growth of the overall regional market to a large extent.
Furthermore, the launch of new products in the country and the rising adoption of expansion strategies by key market players are expected to boost the market. In July 2022, Moffitt Cancer Center researchers identified biomarkers for renal cell carcinoma. Based on its biomarker expression, it developed a tool to indicate which patients are at high risk of poor outcomes. Such R&D activities are expected to boost the development of biomarker tests for kidney diseases during the forecast period. Similarly, in April 2021, Renalytix AI PLC entered an exclusive option agreement with Joslin Diabetes Center for patent filings on specific additional novel biomarkers in kidney disease for development and deployment in the KidneyIntelXin Vitro prognostic platform. This indicates the rise in R&D activities for developing biomarkers tests for kidney diseases, thereby driving the market growth.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The creatinine assay kits market is highly fragmented and competitive and consists of several major players. In terms of market share, the majority of the players are currently dominating the market. Some of the companies which are currently dominating the market are Abbott Laboratories, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Merck KGaA, Quidel Corporation, Cell Biolabs Inc., Genway Biotech, Randox Laboratories Ltd, ACON Laboratories, Nova Biomedical, and Sysmex India Pvt. Ltd.
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Cell Biolabs, Inc
- July 2022: Creative Enzymes, one of the leading diagnostic enzyme production companies, launched new enzymes for the production of creatinine assay kits.
- June 2022: Nova Biomedical launched the CE-marked Nova Max Pro creatinine/eGFR meter system in the European market. Nova Max Pro was designed to improve kidney care through kidney function screening and early detection of kidney disease in point-of-care settings outside the hospital.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Increasing Incidence of Renal and Other Chronic Disorders Impacting Renal Function
4.2.2 Technological Advancements in Biomedical Research Pertaining to Kidney Disorders
4.2.3 Increasing Research and Development Initiatives
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Identification of Novel Renal Dysfunction Biomarkers
4.3.2 Limited Usage of Creatinine Assay Kits in Invitro Diagnostic Device (IVD)
4.4 Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION (Market Size - in USD million)
5.1 By Type
5.1.1 Jaffe's Kinetic Test kits
5.1.2 Creatinine-PAP Test kits
5.1.3 ELISA Test kits
5.2 By Type of Sample
5.2.3 Other Samples
5.3 By Geography
5.3.1 North America
188.8.131.52 United States
184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
18.104.22.168 South Korea
22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 Middle East and Africa
126.96.36.199 South Africa
188.8.131.52 Rest of Middle East and Africa
5.3.5 South America
184.108.40.206 Rest of South America
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Abbott Laboratories
6.1.2 Thermo Fisher Scientific
6.1.3 Merck KGaA
6.1.4 Quidel Corporation
6.1.5 Cell Biolabs, Inc
6.1.6 Genway Biotech (Aviva Systems Biology LLC)
6.1.7 Randox Laboratories Ltd
6.1.8 ACON Laboratories
6.1.9 Nova Biomedical
6.1.10 Sysmex Corporation
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Creatinine Assay Kits Market market is studied from 2019 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Creatinine Assay Kits Market?
The Creatinine Assay Kits Market is growing at a CAGR of 5.3% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Creatinine Assay Kits Market?
Asia-Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Creatinine Assay Kits Market?
North America holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Creatinine Assay Kits Market?
Abbott Laboratories, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Merck KGaA, Quidel Corporation, Cell Biolabs, Inc are the major companies operating in Creatinine Assay Kits Market.