Cosmetic Antioxidants Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|CAGR||> 4.00 %|
|Fastest Growing Market||Asia-Pacific|
|Largest Market||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Cosmetic Antioxidants Market Analysis
The Global Cosmetic Antioxidants Market is projected to register a CAGR of over 4% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
The market was negatively impacted by COVID-19 in 2020, the pandemic disrupted both production and sales of cosmetics through online and offline channels. However, the global situation is normalizing, and the industry's return to stability provides multiple growth opportunities for improving the industry's performance which was affected by COVID-19.
- Natural antioxidants, such as Vitamin E, Vitamin C, and tea tree oil extract, are more expensive than synthetic counterparts due to higher raw material costs.
- The high cost of natural antioxidants and growing concerns about the use of synthetic antioxidants have been identified as major restraints in the cosmetic antioxidant market.
- Consumers worldwide are leaning toward natural skin care products as a result of the rising demand for naturally derived antioxidants in cosmetics, which is creating an opportunity for the market during the study period.
- Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market with the largest consumption of cosmetics containing various antioxidants from countries, such as India and China.
Cosmetic Antioxidants Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Cosmetic Antioxidants Market according to our research experts:
Increasing Usage of Natural Antioxidants in Cosmetics Products
- The growing use of natural antioxidants such as vitamin C, vitamin E, and polyphenols are being increasingly used in the cosmetic industry in various anti-aging creams, which is expected to increase the use of natural oxidants in skin care cosmetic products.
- Natural antioxidants present in plant extracts include polyphenols, flavonoids, flavonols, flavanols, stilbenes, and terpenes (including carotenoids and essential oils).
- The sales from the global markets for cosmetics increased to 80.74 billion US dollars in 2021. According to the Statista Consumer Market Outlook, revenue will surpass USD100 billion by 2022 and will reach an estimated 131 billion US dollars annually by 2026.
- Nowadays, premature aging is a major concern among women. The use of antioxidants in beauty care products is estimated to grow. Anti-wrinkle creams and moisturizers are now becoming widely popular.
- Furthermore, there is a growing knowledge of the benefits of natural antioxidants such as polyphenols, which can be helpful for skin healing and rejuvenation. Some of the factors which are expected to boost the Global Cosmetic Antioxidant Market include their ability to help reverse indications of ageing such as sunspots, fine lines, and wrinkles, making them a staple in anti-aging treatments.
- Owing to all these factors, the market for Cosmetic Antioxidants is likely to grow globally during the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- The Asia-Pacific region dominated the worldwide market in 2021, with a significant market share in terms of revenue, and is projected to maintain its dominance during the forecast period of 2022-2027.
- China, India, and South Korea are expected to be leading countries witnessing strong demand for cosmetic antioxidants consumption during the forecast period.
- The increasing use of high-quality cosmetic products that prevent the skin and hair from the effects of pollution and climate change is driving up demand for antioxidants, fueling the cosmetic antioxidants market.
- China is the world's fastest-growing and most dynamic market. Several cosmetics companies have collaborated with influencers, beauty bloggers, and advertising on TV to increase product sales. Local brands in China provide consumers with low-to-mid-priced cosmetic products, whereas foreign players cater to the high-end segment. Nonetheless, to increase sales, domestic players have started to utilize natural extraction methods in their cosmetic products,
- Globally, the Indian beauty industry, which includes a wide variety of skincare, makeup, and hair products, is estimated to be worth around USD 7.2 billion in 2023. In 2021, the market size of skincare products in China was USD 15,576 million and in 2025, the revenue will be around USD 21,809 million.
- However, international brands were unable to meet the demand for products suitable for Indian skin types, allowing local companies such as Mama Earth, Khadi Essential, and Sugar Cosmetics to promote their homemade cosmetics and personal care products.
- South Korea has one of the world's most dynamic beauty markets, introducing industry-leading innovations and setting global trends. In order to succeed, the Korean skin care and cosmetics industry is large, fragmented, and highly competitive, with brands constantly researching and developing new products.
- Due to all such factors, the market for Cosmetic Antioxidants in the region is expected to have a steady growth during the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Cosmetic Antioxidants Industry Overview
The Cosmetic Antioxidants market is partially fragmented in nature. Some of the major players in the market include BASF SE, Eastman Chemical Company, Wacker Chemie AG., Croda International Plc, and BTSA Biotecnologias Aplicadas among others (not in any particular order).
Cosmetic Antioxidants Market Leaders
Eastman Chemical Company
Wacker Chemie AG
Croda International Plc
BTSA Biotecnologias Aplicadas
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Cosmetic Antioxidants Market News
- In August 2020, Eastman signed a distribution agreement with DKSH for its personal care products across the Asia- Pacific region.
Cosmetic Antioxidants Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Rise in Online Purcahse of Cosmetics
4.1.2 Increasing Use of Beauty Products and Personal Care Products
4.2.1 High Cost of Natural Antioxidants
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.2 Chemically Derived
5.3.1 Skin Care
5.3.2 Hair Care
188.8.131.52 South Korea
184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4.2 North America
220.127.116.11 United States
18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
5.4.4 South America
126.96.36.199 Rest of South America
5.4.5 Middle-East and Africa
188.8.131.52 Saudi Arabia
184.108.40.206 South Africa
220.127.116.11 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share (%)**/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 BASF SE
6.4.2 BTSA Biotecnologias Aplicadas
6.4.3 Croda International Plc
6.4.4 Eastman Chemical Company
6.4.5 Evonik Industries AG
6.4.6 Kemin Industries
6.4.7 Koninklijke DSM
6.4.8 Lonza Group
6.4.9 Provital Group
6.4.10 Wacker Chemie AG
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Rising Demand for Male Cosmetics Products
Cosmetic Antioxidants Market Research FAQs
What is the current Cosmetic Antioxidants Market size?
The Cosmetic Antioxidants Market is projected to register a CAGR of greater than 4% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
Who are the key players in Cosmetic Antioxidants Market?
BASF SE, Eastman Chemical Company, Wacker Chemie AG, Croda International Plc and BTSA Biotecnologias Aplicadas are the major companies operating in the Cosmetic Antioxidants Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Cosmetic Antioxidants Market?
Asia-Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2023-2028).
Which region has the biggest share in Cosmetic Antioxidants Market?
In 2023, the North America accounts for the largest market share in the Cosmetic Antioxidants Market.
Cosmetic Antioxidants Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Cosmetic Antioxidants market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Cosmetic Antioxidants analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.