Melatonin Market Size
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
|Fastest Growing Market:||North America|
|Largest Market:||North America|
|CAGR:||> 10 %|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
Melatonin Market Analysis
The melatonin market is projected to register a CAGR of more than 10% during the forecast period. The market was negatively impacted by COVID-19 in 2020. However, the market has now been estimated to have reached pre-pandemic levels and is expected to grow steadily in the future.
- The growth of the market is likely to be driven by the growing need for melatonin in the medical field.
- On the other hand, government regulations on the use of melatonin in insomnia medicine are expected to hinder the market's growth.
- Melatonin used for medical purposes is expected to lead the market over the next few years.
- North America is expected to have the largest share of the market, with countries like the United States and Canada using the most.
Melatonin Industry Segmentation
Melatonin is a natural adrenaline produced by the pineal gland to regulate the body's circadian cycle. Most sleep-related diseases like insomnia, interrupted sleep phase syndrome, jet lag, and others are treated with melatonin supplementation. The melatonin market is segmented by type, application, and geography. By type, the market is segmented into natural melanin and synthetic melanin. By application, the market is segmented into medical, and dietary supplements. The report also covers the market size and forecasts for extruded polystyrene in 15 countries across major regions. For each segment, market sizing and forecasts have been done based on revenue (USD million).
Melatonin Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Melatonin Market according to our research experts:
Increasing Demand for Melatonin from the Medical Industry
- Melatonin is a biogenic amine that is made by animals, plants, and microbes. It is thought to control mood, learning and memory, immune activity, dreaming, fertility, and reproduction.
- Additionally, melatonin is a hormone that regulates the sleep-wake cycle, primarily released by the pineal gland, and used as a supplement for the short-term treatment of trouble sleeping, such as from jet lag or shift work.
- Melatonin has antioxidant properties that reduce oxidative stress caused by exercise and create a better environment for muscle protection and growth.
- According to an American Psychiatric Association (APA) report, approximately one-third of adults suffer from insomnia during their lifetime. It is characterized by persistent difficulties falling and staying asleep.
- With 30% of adults experiencing short-term insomnia, insomnia is the most frequent sleep disorder. Approximately 10% of the population suffers from chronic insomnia.
- Further, almost 40% of people report unexpectedly falling asleep during the day. Around 5% of people report falling asleep while driving.
- Moreover, the number of pediatric melatonin ingestions climbed 530% from 8,337 in 2012 to 52,563 in 2021. Ingestions of melatonin by children made up 4.9% of all ingestions by children in 2021, up from 0.6% in 2012.
- Hence, owing to the above-mentioned factors, the application of melatonin in the medical industry is likely to dominate during the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America Region to Dominate the Market
- The North American region is expected to dominate the market for melatonin during the forecast period. The rising demand for melatonin from the medical industry, coupled with growing insomnia problems in developed countries like the United States and Canada, is expected to drive the demand for melatonin in this region.
- The largest producers of melatonin are located in the North American region. Some leading companies in melatonin production are Aspen Australia, Nature’s Bounty, Pfizer, Natrol, LLC, an Aurobindo company, and Biotics Research Corporation.
- According to a report by the US National Library of Science, 40.2% of Canadians have at least one symptom of insomnia.
- In the United States, 35.2% of adults report sleeping less than seven hours every night on average.
- Furthermore, insomnia is thought to affect between 30% and 48% of older adults. Women have a 40% higher lifetime risk of sleeplessness.
- Due to the things listed above, it is expected that the market for melatonin in North America will grow a lot during the study period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Melatonin Industry Overview
The global melatonin market is consolidated by nature. Some of the major players in the market include Aspen Holdings, Nature’s Bounty, Pfizer Inc., Natrol, LLC., and Biotics Research Corporation, among others (in no particular order).
Melatonin Market Leaders
Biotics Research Corporation
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Melatonin Market News
- January 2023: Pfizer Inc. announced that it has significantly increased its commitment to the "Agreement for a Healthier World" by offering the entire portfolio of medicines and vaccines for which it has global rights on a not-for-profit basis in order to improve the health of 1.2 billion people in 45 low-income countries.
- November 2022: Natrol released MelatoninMax, a sleep aid that comes in a single gummy and has 10 milligrams (mg) of melatonin, which is the maximum amount that can be taken.
Melatonin Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Increasing Demand for Melatonin from the Medical Sector
4.1.2 Other Drivers
4.2.1 Government Regulations on the Use of Melatonin in Insomnia Medicine
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION (Market Size in Value)
5.1.1 Natural Melatonin
5.1.2 Synthetic Melatonin
5.2.2 Dietary Supplement
188.8.131.52 South Korea
184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
220.127.116.11 United States
18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
126.96.36.199 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
188.8.131.52 Saudi Arabia
184.108.40.206 South Africa
220.127.116.11 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share(%)**/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Aurobindo Pharma
6.4.2 Pfizer Inc
6.4.3 Aspen Holdings
6.4.4 Nature's Bounty
6.4.5 NCFI Polyurethanes
6.4.8 Rexall Sundown, Inc.
6.4.9 Church & Dwight Co., Inc.
6.4.10 Biotics Research Corporation
6.4.11 Solgar Inc.
6.4.12 B JOSHI AGROCHEM PHARMA
6.4.13 Natrol, LLC.
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Melatonin Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Melatonin Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Melatonin Market?
The Melatonin Market is growing at a CAGR of >10% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Melatonin Market?
North America is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Melatonin Market?
North America holds highest share in 2022.
Who are the key players in Melatonin Market?
Nature’s Bounty , Biotics Research Corporation, Pfizer Inc, Aspen Holdings, Natrol, LLC. are the major companies operating in Melatonin Market.
Melatonin Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Melatonin market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Melatonin analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.