Corporate Employee Transportation Service Market Size
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||Asia Pacific|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
Corporate Employee Transportation Service Market Analysis
The corporate employee transportation service market was valued at USD 32.38 billion and is expected to reach USD 44.48 billion, recording a CAGR of 5.44% over the forecast period.
The COVID-19 pandemic hampered the market by forcing many companies to work from home, resulting in less employee transportation. However, as economies have recovered from the lockdown, a return to office is expected to provide transportation service operators with numerous opportunities in the coming years. Moreover, governments in various states are also initiatives to improve employee commute systems. For instance,
- April 2022: Baltimore Mayor announced the launch of the city's innovative transportation program, "Let's Ride to Work." The Mayor's Office of Employment Development (MOED) and Lyft, Inc. collaborated on the agenda. Its main goal is to help newly hired Baltimore City residents by providing free rides to and from work for the first four weeks. This initiative is funded by the American Rescue Plan Act and is part of Baltimore City's COVID-19 employment recovery strategy.
Over the long term, employee transportation services are becoming more popular as people have become more aware of the significance of improved transportation safety measures. In addition, with the low prices offered by transportation providers, employees are choosing them to save time and effort when traveling. Therefore, players are coming up with new product developments and launches for employee transportation services. For instance,
- November 2022: CharterUP, the fully integrated charter bus marketplace for corporations, consumers, and operators, announced the national launch of Corporate Shuttles, a new platform for booking and managing day-to-day employee transportation. Hilton, Hyatt, Sysco, H-E-B, Texas Instruments, and other companies are currently using CharterUP to address their daily corporate shuttle needs.
Rising incidents of transportation insecurity, assaults, rude behavior, and high fees in ride-hailing and ride-sharing vehicles have prompted employers to consider their employees' safety. This factor is also in charge of driving market growth.
Asia-Pacific is expected to dominate the market due to a growing corporate office presence. It is because many North American and European MNCs are establishing offices, factories, warehouses, and plants in countries such as India, China, and the Philippines, owing to rising demand for goods and low labor costs. For instance,
- April 2022: Siam Rajathanee Public Co., Ltd (SO), a personnel recruitment service provider and a rental and service business, partnered with SWAT Mobility Pte Ltd (SWAT Mobility), Southeast Asia's leading transportation technology provider. The companies collaborated to launch the "SWAT Mobility" application to improve employees' commute experience to meet the demands of businesses in both the public and private sectors.
Corporate Employee Transportation Service Industry Segmentation
Company-owned transportation refers to vehicles owned or purchased by the company to provide transportation to its employees. Cars, vans, and buses are examples of passenger vehicles used in corporate employee transportation services.
The Corporate Employee Transportation Service Market is segmented by ownership (company-owned transportation service, outsourced transportation service, rentals, and pick and drop transportation service), passenger vehicle type (cars, vans, and bus), service type (Mobility as a Service (MaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS)), and geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, and Middle-East and Africa). The report offers the market size and forecasts for the Corporate Employee Transportation Service Market in value (USD billion) for all the above segments.
|Company-owned Transportation Service|
|Outsourced Transportation Service|
|Pick and Drop Transportation Service|
|Passenger Vehicle Type|
|Mobility as a Service (MaaS)|
|Software as a Service (SaaS)|
Corporate Employee Transportation Service Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Corporate Employee Transportation Service Market according to our research experts:
Increasing Internet Usage and Technological Advancements to Drive Demand in the Market
With the increased internet use among the global population, markets such as transportation services, vehicle rentals, and so on have primarily benefited their business operations in recent years. The booking ease, pre-estimated fee, comfortable journey, on-time arrival, and quick payment options are just a few factors driving markets such as shared mobility and employee transportation services worldwide.
The transportation industry is tremendously leading among internet-based business sectors, accounting for most of the digital economy. With the online platform's growth and increased competition among market operators, quick action and resolution of issues have become the most critical factor for companies to sustain their businesses in the current competitive environment.
Due to the inherent operations nature, there is a high reliance and dependency on the internet. More internet users are required than necessary for companies with a multi-city presence. As a result, companies frequently accept differential pricing arrangements within and/or across locations and need help to exercise greater bargaining power with vendors.
Other reasons for using these services include technological advancements in transportation, such as live tracking, cashless payments, cancellations, real-time vehicle monitoring, etc. Furthermore, the global IT emergence and other technology sectors toward the end of the last century necessitate the need for flexible working and operations. This operation created opportunities for many associated businesses and jobs. Employee transportation is one of them, becoming a requirement due to statutory regulations regarding employee safety.
With increased internet usage and technological advancements, the market is expected to grow consistently for operators, prompting them to maintain a good vehicle fleet for their business operations during the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific Region Expected to Dominate the Market
The Asia-Pacific region is expected to grow significantly during the forecast period due to increasing corporate companies and rising demand for mass transit solutions by companies to attract a diverse employee range. Furthermore, the low labor cost in countries such as India, Japan, and China, attracts big firms to open their offices in these countries, expecting to drive demand for corporate transportation services in the region over the forecast period. For instance,
- In 2021, Japan's total labor force was estimated to be 68.6 million. The labor force dropped from approximately 68.7 million the previous year.
Furthermore, several key players in the market are implementing various growth strategies, such as partnerships and collaborations, capturing a growing market share in the region. For instance,
- In June 2022, Share Mobility, a company providing transportation solutions for businesses, raised USD 12 million to assist businesses in providing transportation to their employees.
The market in focus is expected to grow significantly during the forecast period due to an increase in employee numbers across the country.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Corporate Employee Transportation Service Industry Overview
The market for corporate employee transportation services is fragmented, with few players utilizing technological assistance for fleet and employee commute management. Apart from using the most recent assistive technology, many major players are broadening the scope of their offerings. For instance,
- In October 2021, Shuttl, a bus aggregator for office commute, was acquired by online bus ticketing startup Chalo in an all-cash deal. The amount was not disclosed. The acquisition enabled Chalo to accelerate its plans for international expansion, as Shuttlalready is already present in Bangkok and have entered large Indian metro cities that Chalodid does not have a presence in.
Corporate Employee Transportation Service Market Leaders
Busbank (Global Charter Services Ltd.
Prairie Bus Line Limited
MoveInSync Technology Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Corporate Employee Transportation Service Market News
- June 2022: Switch Mobility, the electric vehicle division of Hinduja Group flagship Ashok Leyland, unveiled the EiV12 electric bus, aiming to capture a significant share of the electric vehicle market with a slew of customer-friendly features. The company intends to serve inter-city, and intra-city, staff transportation with this launch.
- September 2021: Uber India launched a corporate shuttle service to make commuting easier for employees.
- December 2021: Transdev launched the largest electric bus fleet in the Nordic region in Gothenburg, Mölndal, and Partille with a total of 145 electric buses on behalf of Västtrafik
Corporate Employee Transportation Service Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Drivers
4.2 Market Restraints
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION (Market Size in USD Billion)
5.1.1 Company-owned Transportation Service
5.1.2 Outsourced Transportation Service
5.1.4 Pick and Drop Transportation Service
5.2 Passenger Vehicle Type
5.3 Service Type
5.3.1 Mobility as a Service (MaaS)
5.3.2 Software as a Service (SaaS)
5.4.1 North America
220.127.116.11 United States
18.104.22.168 Rest of North America
22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4.4 South America
184.108.40.206 Rest of the South America
5.4.5 Middle-East and Africa
220.127.116.11 United Arab Emirates
18.104.22.168 Saudi Arabia
22.214.171.124 Rest of the Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Vendor Market Share
6.2 Company Profiles*
6.2.1 Busbank (Global Charter Services Ltd.)
6.2.3 Prairie Bus Line Limited
6.2.5 First Class Tours
6.2.6 Janani Tours
6.2.8 Eco rent a car
6.2.9 Sun Telematics
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Corporate Employee Transportation Service Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Corporate Employee Transportation Service Market market is studied from 2018 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Corporate Employee Transportation Service Market?
The Corporate Employee Transportation Service Market is growing at a CAGR of 5.44% over the next 5 years.
What is Corporate Employee Transportation Service Market size in 2018?
The Corporate Employee Transportation Service Market is valued at 34 Billion USD in 2018.
What is Corporate Employee Transportation Service Market size in 2027?
The Corporate Employee Transportation Service Market is valued at 44 Billion USD in 2027.
Which region has highest growth rate in Corporate Employee Transportation Service Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Corporate Employee Transportation Service Market?
Asia Pacific holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Corporate Employee Transportation Service Market?
Busbank (Global Charter Services Ltd., Transdev, Prairie Bus Line Limited, MoveInSync Technology Solutions Pvt. Ltd., WeDriveU Inc. are the major companies operating in Corporate Employee Transportation Service Market.
Corporate Employee Transportation Service Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Corporate Employee Transportation Service market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Corporate Employee Transportation Service analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.