Continuous Testing Industry Overview
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Continuous Testing Market Analysis
The continuous testing market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 15.24% over the forecast period. The development of the complex IT infrastructure combines physical systems and a virtualized environment, which needs continuous testing for proper feedback and continuous delivery. Continuous Integration (CI) is already widespread in the industry. In contrast, there was some missing link in the deployment part, creating an opportunity for Continuous Testing and Continuous Deployment.
- The growing digitalization in businesses across the globe is creating demand for software development. Also, developing companies are leading towards increasing their efficiency by automating their testing processes. Hence, the growing demand for continuous and timely delivery drives the market's growth.
- Moreover, adopting Agile and DevOps approaches for project management also boosts the market's growth. For instance, Tata Consultancy Services is adopting Agile and Business 4.0 concepts for their whole operations. These approaches include the continuous testing concept rather than detecting a problem at the last stage and repeating the process.
- The dependency on traditional approaches and lack of skilled and experienced test automation workforce are hampering the growth of the continuous testing market.
- However, organizations face several challenges related to testing design for continuous testing, in terms of proper integration between the different teams across the company, like business analyst teams, development, and QA teams. Although enterprises realize the importance of continuous testing, the deployment of CT has a vividly open landscape with several companies yet to adopt it. While there have been significant improvements in adopting continuous testing in each area of the software development lifecycle, enterprises still find it challenging to implement DevOps and continuous delivery.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, several businesses have employees working from home, and the need to adopt CT tools for developers has increased substantially. Companies have been increasingly moving their apps to the cloud or cloud-based platforms. Such instances have necessitated the adoption of CT tools in a shorter period.
Continuous Testing Industry Segments
The scope of the study for the continuous testing market has considered both cloud-based and on-premise deployment solutions provided by vendors information technology industry globally as part of managed and professional services.
The Continuous Testing Market is segmented by Services (Managed Service, Professional Service), by Interface (Web, Desktop, Mobile), by Deployment Type (On-premise, Cloud-based), and Geography.
|By Deployment Type|
|Middle East & Africa|
Continuous Testing Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Continuous Testing Market according to our research experts:
Cloud Based Deployment to Grow Significantly
- The cloud plays a critical role in the deployment of continuous testing. Cloud-based testing helps reduce time-to-market, owing to the ease of deployment and collaboration assistance with the different teams in an Agile Team, easy mobile accessibility, and the ability to derive results on the go. All of these are executed with the use of cloud computing.
- Cloud-based deployment offers 24X7 support for third-party tools and APIs with zero downtime. Organizations across the world are moving to cloud-based services, which acts as more than a coming trend for modern businesses. The broad availability of cloud services to support various specialized business applications is helping companies transform into digital enterprises.
- Besides, cloud-based tools do not require time for setup and coding skills, thus, providing ease of deployment. Modern technologies are also being integrated as a part of the offering.
- For instance, Testsigma Technologies provides AI-driven continuous testing for continuous delivery as part of its cloud-based continuous testing platform for Agile and DevOps. This unified automation testing tool can automate end-to-end testing for web and mobile apps and APIs. Cloud-based testing also allows testers to perform data validation and field checks with the help of a customized database as an offering, thus, leading to secure database checks.
- The deployment of the testing process is quick compared to on-premise deployment, thus, saving time and resources. Additionally, the cloud allows access to the testing environment from anywhere, anytime. Continuous testing offers regular automated testing using platforms like Selenium to build test cases and deliver results faster.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America Expected to Hold the Largest Market Share
- North America is projected to be the largest contributor to the continuous testing market. The region’s strong financial position enables it to invest heavily in advanced solutions and technologies. Moreover, the increasing need for reducing time in the software development lifecycle in enterprises in the United States and Canada has boosted the use of continuous testing.
- Additionally, the advancement in internet infrastructure and web and mobile applications is growing the demand for quick testing and deployment. The growing adoption of Agile and DevOps methodology has significantly impacted the organization of testing activities.
- According to Sauce Labs, 91% of software development project has adopted an Agile approach, and this trend is expected to grow in the forecast period. Many regional multination companies are adopting the Agile approach in their operations. Deloitte adopted the agile approach for the testing processes. These approaches have put an increasing focus on speed and time to market and led to the creation of smaller, integrated teams that can handle various tasks.
- Continuous testing is increasingly being adopted by the U.S. government for application development, leading to growing demand across various private companies. For Instance, companies such as Google, Netflix, Amazon, and Meta, are using DevOps to deploy software upgrades thousands of times each day, which is also expected to boost revenue growth in the region.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Continuous Testing Market Competitor Analysis
The current Global continuous testing market dynamic suggests the increasing adoption of continuous testing by enterprises, which encourages vendor activity in the market, driving the growth of the market studied.
- July 2021 - IBM acquired Red Hat, Inc. for USD 34 Billion. Red Hat will continue to use IBM's resources to advance the hybrid cloud computing plans of the new collaboration.
- February 2021 - HCL technologies patterned with Alteryx, Inc. This partnership aims to bring a global strategic alliance to help companies across the globe succeed in their analytics automation and digital transformation priorities.
Continuous Testing Market Top Players
EPAM Systems Inc.
Broadcom Inc. (CA Technology, Inc.)
HCL Technologies Ltd
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Continuous Testing Market Recent Developments
- February 2022 - Tricentis announced new strategies and solutions for helping enterprise organizations accelerate cloud adoption across their most critical business applications and data. As organizations shift to cloud-centric IT, seamless continuous testing is anticipated to become the norm alongside migration to the cloud. It has been the driving force of the launch of new solutions by Tricentis.
- February 2022 - Tricentis, a key player in test automation for modern cloud and enterprise applications, announced the acquisition of Testim, an AI-based SaaS test automation platform, in an attempt to extend the company's existing AI-powered continuous testing platform. The acquisition allows the company's prevailing customers to adopt cloud-based testing capabilities with flexible consumption models.
- May 2022 - Opera partnered with Mindtree. The aim of this collaboration will enable enterprises to increase scale, speed-to-market, and customer satisfaction as they advance along their transformation journey.
Continuous Testing Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3.5 Threat of Substitutes
4.4 Impact of COVID-19 on the market
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Adoption of Agile and DevOps
5.1.2 Increasing Need for Continuous and Timely Delivery
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Dependency on Traditional Approaches
5.2.2 Lack of a Skilled and Experienced Test Automation Workforce
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Service
6.1.1 Managed Service
6.1.2 Professional Service
6.2 By Interface
6.3 By Deployment Type
6.4 By Geography
6.4.1 North America
6.4.4 Latin America
6.4.5 Middle East & Africa
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Mindtree Limited
7.1.2 EPAM Systems Inc.
7.1.3 Broadcom Inc. (CA Technologies Inc.)
7.1.4 IBM Corporation
7.1.5 HCL Technologies Ltd
7.1.6 Atos SE
7.1.7 Sauce Labs Inc.
7.1.8 Cigniti Technologies Limited
7.1.9 Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp.
7.1.10 Tech Mahindra Limited
7.1.11 Hexaware Technologies Ltd
7.1.12 Larsen & Toubro Infotech Ltd
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
Continuous Testing Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Continuous Testing Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Continuous Testing Market?
The Continuous Testing Market is growing at a CAGR of 15.24% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Continuous Testing Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2018 - 2028.
Which region has largest share in Continuous Testing Market?
North America holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Continuous Testing Market?
Mindtree Limited, EPAM Systems Inc., Broadcom Inc. (CA Technology, Inc.), IBM Corporation, HCL Technologies Ltd are the major companies operating in Continuous Testing Market.
Continuous Testing Industry Reports
In-depth industry statistics and market share insights of the Continuous Testing sector for 2020, 2021, and 2022. The Continuous Testing research report provides a comprehensive outlook of the market size and an industry growth forecast for 2023 to 2028. Available to download is a free sample file of the Continuous Testing report PDF.