Aircraft interior lighting is an important aspect of commercial aircraft that appeals to the customer’s aesthetic senses. Interior lighting is an important factor that attracts customers and also serves secondary purposes like emergency lighting and exit path guidance. The market for commercial aircraft interiors lighting is predicted to grow at a CAGR of over 5% during the forecast period.
The commercial air traffic has seen a significant rise in the numbers in the last decade. Countries like India, Indonesia, and China have seen double-digit passenger growth in the last two years. The economic development in the region and an increase in disposable income has enabled more people to prefer economy class air travel. This has added an approximate 140 million passengers since 2014, allowing the aviation industry to invest in new aircraft and increase the frequency of flights, connecting popular destinations. However, this increase in flight frequency has not been enough to tackle the demand of customers. New orders for aircraft with higher capacity and efficiency have lined up to the extent that the total backlog of aircraft for Airbus and Boeing stood at 12,626, by the end of 2015.
The cabin interior aesthetics is an important factor to stop customers from switching airlines. Innovative interior lighting has become a trend in the commercial aircraft market. Boeing, in a move to retain airline customers, is offering innovative mood lighting systems that come to life and animate the aircraft walls.
The wide body aircraft and very large aircraft are the potential markets for cabin lighting systems. Airlines like Emirates, British Airways, and Etihad, serving luxury and premium passengers, will be the highest spenders in cabin lighting. Emirates operates 79- A380, with a confirmed 60 orders of A380 that are pending. Similarly, British Airways, which operates 5 -A380 between London - Heathrow - New York, would be interested to invest in any cabin innovation that is introduced in the market, due to the customer demand for more aesthetic and soothing cabin interiors, on this route.
Cockpit lighting is an important factor for the interior. Although the lighting color is limited to red shades, there is a huge market for cockpit lighting. Cabin lighting additionally needs to be non-glaring and dispersive in nature to preserve the vision of the pilot for night flying and flying during sunset or sunrise. Cockpit lighting is expected to see a constantly increasing demand, along with cabin lighting, during the forecast period. The aftersales market for both cabin and cockpit lighting is projected to be huge and better than the aircraft OEM fitted lighting market.
The market for retrofit or maintenance of aircraft cabin lighting will be led by the US, followed by the Middle East, Asia, and Europe. For line fit lighting systems of aircraft, the US and the EU will be the largest markets, followed by Brazil, China, India, and Israel.
Airbus, as of 2015, had received 319 firm orders and delivered 190 so far. The backlog orders would be the driving factor for lighting systems market in France (in the EU region), where it is headquartered and assembled.
Aircraft OEMs Airbus, Boeing, Bombardier, and Embraer have contracts with the UTC Aerospace Systems for interiors lighting. The market trend is shifting towards LEDs and OLEDs due to their reduced power consumption, longer lifespan, and lower price.
The aircraft interiors lighting is segmented by aircraft type (wide body, narrow body, very large body), by application (interior, exterior), by fit (forward fit, retro fit) and by geography.
UTC Aerospace Systems, Precise Flight Inc., Honeywell Aerospace and Zodiac Aerospace are some of the key players in this field.
What the report offers
- Market analysis of global commercial aircraft interior lighting market with specific assessments and competition analysis on global and regional scales.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers, opportunities and restraints.
- Expert interviews and their insights on market shift, current and future outlook and factors impacting vendors short term and long term strategies.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global airport passenger screening systems market on both global and regional scales.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Key Findings of the Study
2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3. MARKET OVERVIEW AND TRENDS
3.2 Technological Advancements and Developments in R&D
3.3 Porters Five Force Framework
3.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.3.5 Competitve Rivalry Within the Industry
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
5. GLOBAL COMMERCIAL AIRCRAFT INTERIOR LIGHTING MARKET, SEGMENTED BY AIRCRAFT TYPE
5.1 Narrow body
5.2 Wide body
5.3 Very Large Body
5.4 Rotary Wing
6. GLOBAL COMMERCIAL AIRCRAFT INTERIOR LIGHTING MARKET, SEGMENTED BY APPLICATION
7. GLOBAL COMMERCIAL AIRCRAFT INTERIOR LIGHTING MARKET, SEGMENTED BY FIT
7.1 Line Fit
7.2 Retro Fit
8. GLOBAL COMMERCIAL AIRCRAFT INTERIOR LIGHTING MARKET , SEGMENTED BY GEOGRAPHY
8.1 North America
8.1.1 United States
8.2 South America
8.4.1 United Kingdom
8.5 Middle East and Africa
8.5.2 South Africa
8.5.3 Saudi Arabia
9. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
9.2 Market Share Analysis
9.3 Developments of Key Players
10. KEY VENDOR ANALYSIS (Overview, Products & Services, Strategies)
10.1 UTC aerospace systems
10.2 Honeywell Aerospace Systems
10.3 Astronics Luminescent Systems Inc.
10.4 Precise Flight Inc.
10.5 Diehl Aerospace
10.6 Luminator Aerospace
10.7 Cobham PLC.
10.8 STG Aerospace Limited.
10.9 Zodiac Aerospace
10.10 B/E Aerospace, Inc.
11. FUTURE OUTLOOK OF THE MARKET