Cloud Microservices Market Size
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
Cloud Microservices Market Analysis
The Cloud Microservices Market was valued at USD 831.45 million in the current year and is expected to reach USD 2701.36 million after five years, registering a CAGR of approximately 21.7% over the forecast period. As Kubernetes' adoption grows, companies are expected to start realizing that it is not enough to adopt it. They will also likely change all aspects of their processes, tools, and architecture. Kubernetes is likely to be a big push for profound company-wide changes. It provides an excellent way to manage containers and makes microservices architectures practical at an enterprise scale.
- Owing to the COVID-19 outbreak, the global demand for the cloud increased. Due to this, the cloud microservices were severely influenced until last year's end. The need for cloud services is growing due to a lack of workforce and remote monitoring requirements.
- The microservices architecture proliferation is driving the market, as it encourages breaking the application into smaller components. It becomes easy to apply changes. Deploying such components does not end up impacting a large part of the codebase. It is standard for such an architectural style to be adopted for cloud-native applications using lightweight container deployment. It is because of the large number of services, decentralized continuous delivery, and DevOps.
- Hybrid cloud adoption across various end-user industries is driving the market, as many enterprises are currently in different stages of cloud adoption. The hybrid cloud gives them maximum flexibility to explore new products and business models. As IT's role grew, the load on the data center was evolving. Investing money in upgrading computing or storage is costly, but hybrid cloud applications are cost-effective and drive the market.
- The growing cloud technology adoption across industries such as BFSI, IT, retail, and various others is augmenting the cloud microservices market growth. It is a significant part of an overall cloud management strategy, enabling IT administrators to review the cloud-based resources' operational status. For instance, United Arab Emirates-based Mashreq Bank adopted an advanced digital operating model, utilized microservices architecture, and leveraged real-time data for analytics.
- Security and compliance issues are restraining the market from witnessing growth. The container can create more software development environments, but it leads to new security risks that affect compliance. Cyber attackers can benefit from vulnerabilities inside the permission settings of cloud architecture to reach sensitive data services.
Cloud Microservices Industry Segmentation
Cloud microservices is an independent application, a distinctive method of developing software systems that focus on building single-function modules through the cloud. The scope of the study is currently focused on the regions, such as North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, among others. The study also tracks the key market parameters, underlying growth influencers, and major vendors operating in the market. The study further analyzes the COVID-19 impact on the demand-side market dynamics and the ecosystem on a near and short-term basis. The Cloud Microservices Market is segmented by deployment mode (platforms, services), enterprise size (small and medium enterprises, large enterprises), end-user industry (BFSI, retail, e-commerce, manufacturing, telecommunications, IT and ITes, healthcare, and other end-user industries), and geography (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa).
The market sizes and forecasts are in terms of value (USD million) for all the above segments.
|By Deployment Mode|
|By Enterprise Size|
|Small and Medium Enterprises|
|By End-user Industry|
|IT and ITes|
|Other End-user Industries|
|Middle East and Africa|
Cloud Microservices Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Cloud Microservices Market according to our research experts:
Manufacturing Sector Expected to Register a Significant Growth
- Due to intelligent technology advancement, the microservice cloud demand is increasing in the manufacturing sector as the traditional automation pyramid dissolves. Moreover, manufacturing IT is moving toward service orientation and app orientation.
- AWS (Amazon Web Services) pay-as-you-go microservices and serverless computing models reduce the cost of running the connected manufacturing plant or smart product programs with minimum upfront investment and nearly unlimited on-demand capacity.
- "Cloud network manufacturing" provides a new way for business, as manufacturing companies discovered they may not survive in the competitive market without Information Technology (IT) support and computer-aided capabilities. Microsoft is the dominant core technology supplier to the manufacturing industry, which provides manufacturers a digital twin of their OPC (Open platform communication) UA-enabled machines and significantly enhances security and certification management. Here, customers can control and manage their OPC twins directly from the cloud using microservices running on Azure.
- ThyssenKrupp, a German multinational conglomerate, drew upon IoT technology to connect its elevators to the microservice cloud. The data collected from an elevator's sensors allows algorithms to process information and predict when maintenance is required before the elevator breaks down. This predictive maintenance is further enhanced by augmented reality, with elevator technicians utilizing Microsoft HoloLens to receive remote, hands-free instructions from experts while in the field.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America to Account for Largest Market Share
- Due to the increasingly advanced technologies adoption, this region is gaining a high market share. Moreover, there is a growing demand from North American companies, as they have adopted microservices architecture in financial, e-commerce, and travel services. It helps store information and data cost-effectively and increases agility, efficiency, and scalability.
- As per ITU, digital Transformation technologies and services spent in Canada are set to exceed USD 16 billion sustained by the investment in emerging technologies, such as cognitive/artificial intelligence (AI) systems, IoT, next-generation security, augmented reality or virtual reality, 3D printing, and robotics, driving the cloud microservices.
- Walmart Canada refactored its software architecture to microservices. The company, which could not handle the 6 million page views per minute it was getting, realized instant results with a significant increase in its conversion rate overnight. The downtime was also minimized, and the company can replace expensive commodity hardware with cheaper virtual x86 servers, resulting in overall cost savings between 20 and 50 %. It gives demand for cloud microservice in this sector.
- In the United States, Microservices with IBM Cloud Functions and Cloud Foundry deploys a storefront shopping application. It displays an antique computing devices catalog where customers can make purchases and add review comments, increasing the market's growth.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Cloud Microservices Industry Overview
The cloud microservices market is fragmented. The major players have used various strategies, such as new product launches, partnerships, acquisitions, and others, across multiple deployment modes, like public, private, and hybrid cloud. It helps increase their footprints in this market to sustain the long run. Amazon Web Services Inc., Microsoft Corporation, IBM Corporation, etc., are the primary players. Current advancements in the market are:
- January 2022 - Red-on-line, a leading EHS software and content provider, acquired Gutwinski Management GmbH, a leading EHS platform solution. The acquisition will create a profoundly complementary client portfolio product and have an opportunity to make products and services available to even more customers worldwide.
- Alteryx, Inc., the Analytics Automation company, acquired Trifacta, which offers cloud-first capabilities to help enterprises drive their analytics transformation at scale. With this acquisition, Alteryx will be uniquely positioned to provide large enterprises with an integrated end-to-end, low-code/no-code analytics automation platform in the cloud. It will also serve the needs of the entire enterprise: data analytics teams, IT/data engineering teams, and business users.
Cloud Microservices Market Leaders
Amazon Web Services Inc.
Tata Consultancy Services Limited
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Cloud Microservices Market News
- July 2022 - Oracle announced introducing new sovereign cloud zones for the European Union in 2023. Germany and Spain will host the first two EU sovereign cloud regions, which will be logically and physically distinct from the region's current public OCI regions. The new sovereign cloud regions will allow private businesses and government agencies to host sensitive, regulated, or strategically significant regional data and applications.
- February 2022 - A multi-year Strategic Collaboration Agreement (SCA) between Amazon Web Services, Inc. and UST, a provider of solutions for digital transformation, was completed to develop industry and domain-specific solutions for healthcare, financial services, and telecom. UST will invest in extending its extensive AWS and enterprise digital transformation knowledge. With the help of these solutions, enterprises will get modernized through AWS services.
Cloud Microservices Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Introduction to Market Drivers and Restraints
4.3 Market Drivers
4.3.1 Proliferation of the Microservices Architecture
4.3.2 Adoption of Hybrid Cloud Across Various End-user Industries
4.4 Market Restraints
4.4.1 Security and Compliance
4.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.6 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.6.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.6.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.6.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. Analysis on the impact of COVID-19 on the Cloud Microservices Market
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Deployment Mode
6.2 By Enterprise Size
6.2.1 Small and Medium Enterprises
6.2.2 Large Enterprises
6.3 By End-user Industry
6.3.6 IT and ITes
6.3.8 Other End-user Industries
6.4 By Geography
6.4.1 North America
6.4.3 Asia Pacific
6.4.4 Latin America
6.4.5 Middle East and Africa
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Amazon Web Services Inc.
7.1.2 Microsoft Corporation
7.1.3 IBM Corporation
7.1.4 Salesforce.com Inc.
7.1.5 Tata Consultancy Services Limited
7.1.6 Broadcom Inc. (CA Technologies)
7.1.7 VMware Inc. (Pivotal Software Inc.)
7.1.8 Infosys Ltd
7.1.9 Oracle Corporation
7.1.10 NGINX Inc.
7.1.11 Syntel Inc.
7.1.12 Idexcel Inc.
7.1.13 RapidValue IT Services Private Limited
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Cloud Microservices Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Cloud Microservices Market market is studied from 2019 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Cloud Microservices Market?
The Cloud Microservices Market is growing at a CAGR of 21.7% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Cloud Microservices Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Cloud Microservices Market?
North America holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Cloud Microservices Market?
Amazon Web Services Inc., Microsoft Corporation, IBM Corporation, Salesforce.com Inc., Tata Consultancy Services Limited are the major companies operating in Cloud Microservices Market.
Cloud Microservices Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Cloud Microservices market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Cloud Microservices analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.