Cling Films Industry Overview
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|CAGR:||> 4 %|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Cling Films Market Analysis
The Cling Films Market size was valued at over USD 10,600 million in 2021, and the market is projected to register a CAGR of greater than 4% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, nationwide lockdown around the world, disruption in manufacturing activities and supply chains, and production halts negatively impacted the market in 2020. However, the conditions started recovering in 2021, thereby restoring the growth trajectory of the market studied during the forecast period.
- Over the medium term, the increasing demand for hygienic food packaging and increasing preference for packaged food are likely to boost demand during the forecast period.
- However, low resistance to extreme weather conditions is likely to restrain the market growth.
- The application of bio-based cling films for sustainable food packaging is likely to act as an opportunity for market growth in the future.
- Europe dominated the global market. However, Asia-Pacific is likely to witness the highest growth rate during the forecast period.
Cling Films Industry Segments
Cling film (plastic wrap or food wrap or saran wrap, or stretch film) is a thin transparent plastic film that adheres to surfaces and to itself, used for packaging food items in containers. Cling films are high-quality food wrap films that prevent food from insects and microbial contamination and dust, keep it fresh, and minimize the risk of wastage of food by increasing its shelf life. The cling films market is segmented by material type, form, end-user industry, and geography. By material type, the market is segmented into Polyethylene, Biaxially Oriented Polypropylene, PVC, PVDC, and Other Material Types. By form, the market is segmented into Cast Cling Film and Blow Cling Film. By end-user industry, the market is segmented into Food, Healthcare, Consumer Goods, Industrial, and Other End-user Industries. The report also covers the market size and forecasts for the cling films market in 15 countries across major regions. For each segment, the market sizing and forecasts have been done on the basis of revenue (USD million).
|Biaxially Oriented PolyPropylene|
|Other Material Types|
|Cast Cling Film|
|Blow Cling Film|
|Other End-user Industries|
Cling Films Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Cling Films Market according to our research experts:
Food Segment to Dominate the Market
- Cling film (plastic wrap or food wrap or saran wrap, or stretch film) is a thin transparent plastic film that adheres to surfaces and to itself, used for packaging food items in containers.
- Cling films are high-quality food wrap films that prevent food from insects and microbial contamination and dust, keep it fresh, and also minimize the risk of wastage of food by increasing its shelf life.
- PVC cling films represent a sustainable choice for fresh food packaging and minimizing food waste, mainly at consumer and retail levels, where the main losses occur in developed countries.
- Natural polymer-based cling films for food packaging can replace the non-biodegradable petroleum-based synthetic polymers at a low cost, thereby producing a positive effect both environmentally and economically.
- LDPE has good chemical resistance, high impact strength, and strong wear absorption. It also has applications in plastic films, such as those that wrap commercial baked goods and meat and six-pack rings.
- India is also one of the major consumers of packaged foods and beverages. According to the Packaging Industry Association of India (PIAI), the packaging industry is expected to grow at a rate of 22% during the forecast period.
- Thus, all the abovementioned factors are likely to provide demand for cling films in the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market Growth
Asia-Pacific is likely to witness the highest growth demand for cling films, owing to their increasing usage in food packaging, healthcare, and consumer goods sector of emerging economies, including China, India, and Japan.
- China has one of the major food industries globally. The growing population and the average per capita consumption are major drivers of the growth of the food market in the country.
- Moreover, the Chinese healthcare industry is the second largest industry globally after the United States. In 2020, the health expenditure was approximately CNY 7.2 trillion, accounting for ~7.1% of the country’s GDP. Thus, advancements in medical applications are expected to drive the market during the forecast period.
- According to the Government of India, the Indian pharmaceutical market size is expected to reach USD 130 billion by 2030. India has provided pharmaceutical products to more than 200 countries and may continue to do so in the future. Thus, augmenting the cling films market in the country.
- In India, the government is taking measures to boost the investment in its food processing industry. The government-sanctioned about 39 Mega Food Parks (MFPs) to be set up under the Mega Food Park scheme. Among these, only 18 MFPs became operational, while the others are under development. The food processing industry is expected to potentially attract an investment of around USD 33 billion by 2024. This is also expected to drive the demand for packaging and, in turn, enhance the demand for cling films in the country.
- Hence, all such scenarios in the end-user industries are expected to influence the consumption of cling films in the region over the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Cling Films Market Competitor Analysis
The cling films market is fragmented in nature, with cut-throat competition among major players to increase their share in the market studied. Some of the key players in the market (not in any particular order) include Berry Global Inc., Amcor PLC, Sigma Plastics Group, Inteplast Group, and Jindal Poly Films Limited.
Cling Films Market Top Players
Berry Global Inc.
Sigma Plastics Group
Jindal Poly Films Limited
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Cling Films Market Recent Developments
- In June 2021, Amcor PLC announced the installation of a seven-layer blown film line through its Flexibles North American business. Moreover, the new machine will produce AmPrima PE Plus ultra-clear and heat resistance films.
- In April 2021, Berry Global Inc. announced to invest over USD 70 million to expand its capacity for consumer packaging films in North America, such that to support continued growth in consumer packaging films, primarily for e-commerce and food and beverage applications. Moreover, the investment supports new multi-layer blown film lines along with infrastructure upgrades and other equipment that will come online in 2021 and 2022 across multiple sites in the North American manufacturing system.
Cling Films Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Increasing Demand for Hygienic Food Packaging
4.1.2 Other Drivers
4.2.1 Low Resistance to Extreme Weather Conditions
4.2.2 Rising Global Regulations on its Usage
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Material Type
5.1.2 Biaxially Oriented PolyPropylene
5.1.5 Other Material Types
5.2.1 Cast Cling Film
5.2.2 Blow Cling Film
5.3 End-user Industry
5.3.3 Consumer Goods
5.3.5 Other End-user Industries
18.104.22.168 South Korea
22.214.171.124 ASEAN Countries
126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4.2 North America
188.8.131.52 United States
184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
5.4.4 South America
18.104.22.168 Rest of South America
5.4.5 Middle-East and Africa
22.214.171.124 Saudi Arabia
126.96.36.199 South Africa
188.8.131.52 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share Analysis**/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.2 ADEX Srl
6.4.3 Alliance Plastics
6.4.4 All American Poly
6.4.5 Amcor PLC
6.4.6 Anchor Packaging
6.4.7 Berry Global Inc.
6.4.8 Deriblok SpA
6.4.9 HIPAC SpA
6.4.10 Inteplast Group
6.4.11 Intertape Polymer
6.4.12 ITS BV
6.4.13 Jindal Poly Films
6.4.15 Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation
6.4.16 Nan Ya Plastics Corporation
6.4.18 Paragon Films
6.4.19 Sigma Plastics
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Application of Bio-based Cling Films for Sustainable Food Packaging
Cling Films Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Cling Films Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Cling Films Market?
The Cling Films Market is growing at a CAGR of >4% over the next 5 years.
What is Cling Films Market size in 2018?
The Cling Films Market is valued at 10608 Million USD in 2018.
Which region has highest growth rate in Cling Films Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2018 - 2028.
Which region has largest share in Cling Films Market?
Europe holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Cling Films Market?
Berry Global Inc., Amcor plc, Sigma Plastics Group, Inteplast Group, Jindal Poly Films Limited are the major companies operating in Cling Films Market.
Cling Films Industry Reports
In-depth industry statistics and market share insights of the Cling Films sector for 2020, 2021, and 2022. The Cling Films research report provides a comprehensive outlook of the market size and an industry growth forecast for 2023 to 2028. Available to download is a free sample file of the Cling Films report PDF.