Brazil Plastic Packaging Industry Overview
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Brazil Plastic Packaging Market Analysis
The Brazil plastic packaging market is anticipated to grow with a CAGR of 1.47% during the forecast period of 2021-2026. The COVID-19 pandemic provided significant relief to the plastic packaging vendors as the nations were slowly banning such packaging and promoting reusable packaging; the outbreak changed the consumers’ and governments’ behavior toward them. Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the demand for nutritional drinks and healthy food increased exponentially. The majority of these products are packaged with single-use plastic. The orders were so huge on a global level that the manufacturers and packaging companies in the field even expanded their facilities, which was also supported by most of the governments.
- Plastic packaging has become an integral part of many businesses because of its cutting-edge design that assists in providing innovative packaging solutions. The rapid expansion of the food and beverages, personal care, and pharmaceuticals sectors and the rising penetration of organized and e-retail across the world are expected to fuel market growth.
- Rising focus on advanced packaging solutions coupled with the growth and expansion of the packaging industry is one of the major factors fuelling up the demand for plastic packaging. Moreover, the growing demand for convenient packaging solutions by the various end-user verticals such as consumer electronics, household products, and so on is also fostering the market growth rate.
- Low-density polyethylene (LDPE), polypropylene (PP), high-density polyethylene (HDPE), and polyethylene terephthalate (PET) are the most widely used materials for the manufacturing of products, such as bottles and jars, trays and containers, wraps and films, and pouches, as they are cost-effective, lightweight and have extensive functionalities and strong barrier properties against moisture.
- Growing demand for sustainable packing solutions is prompting manufacturers to use recycled plastic resins to make such products. Also, The changing lifestyle led to the introduction of single-serve packaging that significantly contributed to the market growth in the past few years.
- In October 2020, Uniliver announced that by 2025, the company confirmed it would halve its use of virgin plastic by reducing its use of plastic packaging by more than 100,000 tonnes and accelerating its use of recycled plastic.
Brazil Plastic Packaging Industry Segments
The Brazil Plastic Packaging Market is segmented by By material (Polyethene (PE), Bi-orientated Polypropylene (BOPP), Cast Polypropylene (CPP), Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC), Ethylene Vinyl Alcohol (EVOH), Other Material Types), Packaging Type (Rigid and Flexible), Product (Bottles and Jars, Tub, Cup Bowls and trays, Intermediate Bulk containers, Pouches, Others), end-user (Food, Beverage, Cosmetics and Personal Care, Others)
|Bi-orientated Polypropylene (BOPP)|
|Cast polypropylene (CPP)|
|Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)|
|Ethylene Vinyl Alcohol (EVOH)|
|Other Material Types|
|By Packaging Type|
|Bottles and Jars|
|Tub, Cup Bowls and Trays|
|Intermediate Bulk Containers|
|Cosmetics and Personal Care|
Brazil Plastic Packaging Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Brazil Plastic Packaging Market according to our research experts:
Flexible Plastic Packaging is expected to hold large market share
- The flexible plastic packaging market is expected to witness significant growth in the future due to its increased demand in end-use industries, such as food, beverage, cosmetic and personal care, and pharmaceutical.
- Growth in modern retailing, high consumer income, and acceleration in e-commerce activities, especially in the emerging economies, are likely to support the growth of the plastic packaging market during the forecast period.
- Owing to the growing demand, many company's are expanding their facilities in Brazil. Recently, Grupo Lantero opened up a new 7,000 square meters in Sao Paulo, Brazil, to support its operations and produce rigid and flexible plastic packaging in the same facility.
- Due to the Covid 19 outbreak, people are ordering daily staples and fresh food through online channels, which leads to an increase in the demand for flexible plastic packaging. Moreover, the demand for flexible plastic packaging in the pharmaceutical industry remains high as hospitals, drugs, and PPE manufacturers are responding to the crisis.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
By End User Industry, Food is expected to hold the largest market share
- Food packaging is one of the largest users of plastics. The demand for rigid plastic packaging for the food industry is witnessing demand, as they are increasingly replacing traditional materials such as paperboard, metals, and glass, owing to their beneficial properties, such as lightweight and reduced cost.
- In 2020, continued transparency in food packaging was seen trending. Going beyond just the listed ingredients on the label, consumers also want to see the physical product before purchase. Polyethylene terephthalate (PET) bottles are taking over for glass in the single-serve ketchup, condiments, and barbecue sauce markets.
- Dairy, snacks, and confectionery products are the most significant end users of flexible packaging. Advancements in packaging technology, such as modified atmosphere and high-pressure processing, have increased the use of the flexible packaging format for meat, poultry, fruits, and vegetables.
- Frozen products, especially ice creams, require flexibility in terms of the packaging shape. Hence, these products create a demand for flexible plastic packaging solutions. Consumers who are focused on health and prefer organic food are other prominent users of flexible packaging, particularly in the segments of fresh fruits, health bars, salads, and other fresh produce.
Brazil Plastic Packaging Market Competitor Analysis
The Brazil Plastic Packaging Market is highly competitive and has several major players. A few of the players enjoy better market goodwill and extended geographical recognition and presence. The major players, who have a relatively prominent share in the market, are focusing on expanding their customer base across the end-user industries.
- Dec 2020- In partnership with global packaging company Amcor, Mars Food will bring the first food-safe, mono-material microwavable rice pouch to market beginning in 2021. The breakthrough packaging technology will make the pouches for Mars Food’s household brands such as Ben’s Original and Seeds of Change recyclable where infrastructure exists. With an initial launch in the first half of 2021, the business has ambitions to scale the technology across its portfolio, beginning at the back half of the year.
- October 2021- Mondi Group, one of the leading providers of packaging across the globe, announced that they are going to showcase numerous innovations to fulfill the smart packaging demands and the rising call for sustainability solutions in the year 2022.
Brazil Plastic Packaging Market Top Players
DS Smith PLC
Bemis Company, Inc.
Anchor Packaging Ltd
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Brazil Plastic Packaging Market Recent Developments
- Sept 2020- Amcor collaborated with Nestle to launch recyclable flexible retort pouches that will improve the environmental footprint of consumer packaging by up to 60%, starting with wet cat food. The new pouch meets the packaging guidelines for a circular economy recently published by the CEFLEX Consortium.
Brazil Plastic Packaging Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.4 Assessment of the Impact of the Ongoing Pandemic COVID-19 on the Market Studied
4.5 Market Drivers
4.5.1 Growing Geriatric Population and Prevalence of Diseases
4.5.2 Product Innovations such as Downsizing coupled with Relatively Low Costs
4.6 Market Restraints
4.6.1 Dynamic Nature of Regulations and Inability to Support Heavy Goods
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Material
5.1.1 Polyethene (PE)
5.1.2 Bi-orientated Polypropylene (BOPP)
5.1.3 Cast polypropylene (CPP)
5.1.4 Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
5.1.5 Ethylene Vinyl Alcohol (EVOH)
5.1.6 Other Material Types
5.2 By Packaging Type
5.3 By Product
5.3.1 Bottles and Jars
5.3.2 Tub, Cup Bowls and Trays
5.3.3 Intermediate Bulk Containers
5.4 By End-User
5.4.3 Cosmetics and Personal Care
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 DS Smith PLC
6.1.2 Amcor Limited
6.1.3 ES Plastic GmbH
6.1.4 Bemis Company Inc
6.1.5 Anchor Packaging Ltd
6.1.6 Berry Global Inc.
6.1.7 Mondi PLC
7. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
Brazil Plastic Packaging Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Brazil Plastic Packaging Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Brazil Plastic Packaging Market ?
The Brazil Plastic Packaging Market is growing at a CAGR of 1.47% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in Brazil Plastic Packaging Market ?
DS Smith PLC, Amcor Limited, ES-Plastic GmbH, Bemis Company, Inc., Anchor Packaging Ltd are the major companies operating in Brazil Plastic Packaging Market .
Brazil Plastic Packaging Industry Reports
In-depth industry statistics and market share insights of the Brazil Plastic Packaging Market sector for 2020, 2021, and 2022. The Brazil Plastic Packaging Market research report provides a comprehensive outlook of the market size and an industry growth forecast for 2023 to 2028. Available to download is a free sample file of the Brazil Plastic Packaging Market report PDF.