Digital Out of Home (OOH) Advertising Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Fastest Growing Market||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Digital Out of Home (OOH) Advertising Market Analysis
The Digital Out of Home (OOH) Advertising Market is expected to register a CAGR of 15.2% over the forecast period.
- As digital out-of-home advertisements are a cost-effective way for commercials to reach a wide range of audiences, their utilization is significant and growing, driving market expansion during the forecast period.
- Furthermore, increased urbanization and infrastructure development worldwide are expected to drive market growth during the forecast period. Again, growing expenditure on outdoor advertising by various industries is propelling market expansion because of its ability to show several advertisements on a single screen.
- Digital outdoor advertising is getting popular in the advertising world since it raises brand awareness among consumers and complements the brand's advertising campaigns on other channels, which are expected to drive market growth. Furthermore, as people spend more time outside their offices and homes, out-of-home advertising allows companies to reach a large number of people regularly and quickly, boosting the market growth during the projection period.
- COVID-19 has considerably impacted the expansion of the digital-out-of-home advertising market. During the pandemic, the decline in demand for digital signage solutions across key industries substantially influenced the need for digital out-of-home advertising solutions. Furthermore, the lack of a competent workforce owing to partial and total lockdown enacted by governments worldwide hampered the expansion of the digital out-of-house advertising market during a pandemic.
- The volatility of the cost of advertising may hinder the growth of the digital out-of-home (OOH) advertising market.
Digital Out of Home (OOH) Advertising Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Digital Out of Home (OOH) Advertising Market according to our research experts:
Transit Accounts for a Significant Share of Digital OOH Market
- The demand for digital content and information relevant to travelers has resulted in interactive commercials via various modes of advertisement, such as Kiosks, billboards, and Signboards, on the platform, which contributes to a large share of the increase in transportation media revenues.
- As a result, there has been a change in the behavior of consumers in terms of customer engagement across all means of transportation, allowing companies to grow their brands in the minds of their customers strategically. Over the next three years, this will drive potential customers away from traditional media.
- Transit is the most prominent segment, as public transportation is the preferred mode of transportation for a large portion of the population in Europe and Asia-Pacific, owing to advanced and dense public transportation infrastructure.
- Airports are an attractive setting for advertising, particularly for top-tier and luxury products, among numerous modes of transportation. Airports are under increasing pressure to find new techniques to generate revenue. By converting static displays like posters to digital presentations, airports may offer several sponsors instead of just one. This dramatically increases revenue. Additionally, by bringing in advertising partners, airports can share the cost burden of updating to new advertising technologies.
- Following airports, railways have seen significant adoption of digital out-of-home advertising. The rising demand for smart railway stations in emerging economies is driving up demand for DOOH.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia Pacific to Register Significant Growth
- The Asia Pacific has the largest population of all the regions. With an increase in the urban population and increased purchasing power, Asia-Pacific is considered to be one of the largest growing markets for the Digital and OOH market.
- Consumers in Asia-Pacific and other emerging nations are following the footsteps of their western counterparts and are quickly migrating from traditional media channels to attractive digital mediums. This, in turn, is resulting in the growth of the digital out-of-home (OOH) advertising market across the region as the western counterparts, particularly the North American region, hold a significant presence in the market.
- Transportation is the most dominant segment, as public transport has been the preferred option by a significant population in Asia-Pacific due to its advanced and high-density public transport infrastructure.
- Moreover, the region is dominated by local players, like Times Internet and Shanghai Media Group, while major players, like JCDecaux also have considerable market share in this region.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Digital Out of Home (OOH) Advertising Industry Overview
The Digital Out of Home (OOH) Advertising Market is highly fragmented. The industry is comprised of several large outdoor advertising and media companies with operations in multiple markets, as well as the smaller, local companies operating a limited number of structures in one or a few of the local markets.
- January 2022 - Hivestack has launched a programmatic digital out-of-home (DOOH) marketplace in Malaysia. Hivestack has announced agreements with GroupM in 14 countries worldwide and Dentsu-owned Posterscope, which has already activated a live campaign in December 2021. These agency customers may now utilize data-driven audience targeting to start campaigns both within Malaysia and throughout Hivestack's premium global network. Hivestack has also secured some of the largest and most powerful OOH/DOOH media owners in Malaysia through the Hivestack Supply Side Platform (SSP), including BIG Tree, Seni Jaya, Spectrum, Laguna, Lantern Media, Sky Blue, Power Screen, WOW Media, Era Jaya, and AOS Media. These media owners can monetize their premium DOOH inventory by connecting to a worldwide pool of advertisers in real time.
- August 2021 - Airsqreen introduced an Advertising Platform for Digital Out-of-Home (DOOH) Advertising. This simple technology connects advertisers to screen operators, giving the industry a new level of confidence and revenue possibilities. Airsqreen created a simple, cost-effective solution that brings full transparency to DOOH advertising through real-time verification and creates new operational efficiencies.
Digital Out of Home (OOH) Advertising Market Leaders
Clear Channel Outdoor Holdings Inc.
BroadSign International LLC
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Digital Out of Home (OOH) Advertising Market News
- June 2022 - JCDecaux has announced the launch of its programmatic DOOH product for the Brazilian market in collaboration with VIOOH. JCDecaux will be able to offer its customers efficient programmatic digital out-of-home campaigns on its premium screens across Brazil using the VIOOH platform, assisting brands in making meaningful connections with people and ensuring they get the most out of their media expenditures.
- April 2022 - Adani Airports to offer Programmatic enabled Digital OOH Media through Lemma. Adani airports, an aviation business incubated by Adani Enterprises Ltd, a leader in integrated infrastructure and transportation companies, delivers digital OOH media with programmatic advertising throughout its portfolio of airports in India. Adopting programmatic advertising is a revolutionary step in the airport ecosystem, aiming to update India's main airports with the latest infrastructure and technology. With eight airports under management and expansion, AAHL is India's largest airport infrastructure firm, accounting for 25% of airport footfall, allowing brands and marketers to connect with varied audience segments via the programmatic channel.
Digital Out of Home (OOH) Advertising Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions & Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Value Chain Analysis
4.2 Market Overview
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1.1 Increase in Public Transit Infrastructure
5.1.2 Increasing Adoption of Digital Screens
5.1.3 High Advertising Flexibility with Connected Screens
5.2.1 High Installation and Maintenance Costs
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1.3 Street Furniture
6.1.4 Other Applications
6.2.3 Financial Services
6.2.6 Government Agencies
6.2.7 Other End-Users
6.3.1 North America
184.108.40.206 United States
220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
22.214.171.124 South Korea
126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia Pacific
6.3.4 Latin America
188.8.131.52 Rest of Latin America
6.3.5 Middle East and Africa
184.108.40.206 South Africa
220.127.116.11 Rest of Middle East and Africa
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 JCDecaux Group
7.1.2 Clear Channel Outdoor Holdings Inc.
7.1.3 BroadSign International LLC
7.1.4 OUTFRONT Media
7.1.5 Daktronics Inc.
7.1.6 Talon Outdoor Ltd
7.1.7 oOh!media Limited
7.1.8 QMS Media Limited
7.1.9 SevenOne Media GmbH
7.1.10 Stroer SE & Co. KGaA
7.1.11 Exterion Media Group
7.1.12 The Times Group
7.1.13 EyeMedia LLC
- *List Not Exhaustive
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
Digital Out of Home (OOH) Advertising Market Research FAQs
What is the current Digital Out of Home (OOH) Advertising Market size?
The Digital Out of Home (OOH) Advertising Market is projected to register a CAGR of 15.2% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
Who are the key players in Digital Out of Home (OOH) Advertising Market?
JCDecaux Group, Clear Channel Outdoor Holdings Inc., OUTFRONT Media, Daktronics Inc. and BroadSign International LLC are the major companies operating in the Digital Out of Home (OOH) Advertising Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Digital Out of Home (OOH) Advertising Market?
Asia Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2023-2028).
Which region has the biggest share in Digital Out of Home (OOH) Advertising Market?
In 2023, the North America accounts for the largest market share in the Digital Out of Home (OOH) Advertising Market.
Digital Out-of-Home Advertising Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Digital Out-of-Home Advertising market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Digital Out-of-Home Advertising analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.