Botnet Detection Market Size
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
Botnet Detection Market Analysis
The Botnet Detection Market is estimated to grow with a CGAR of 40.11% over the forecasted period. Botnet detection has accumulated widespread attention among cybersecurity professionals and technology companies worldwide. As technology progresses across the globe, the risk connected with the misuse of advanced technology has also grown over the past years. Botnet attack is one such violation of the user's privacy where a user's computer is being controlled and managed by a third party. The botnet has been developing as one of the principal threats owing to the growing cybercriminals' capacity to infiltrate any of the devices which are attached to the internet across the globe.
- In recent years, there has been a proliferation in the Internet of Things (IoT) technology, which added additional endpoints for attackers. The emergence of new distributed denial of service (DDoS) bots at an increasing regularity attributes to the changes in the landscape. After the reporting of the Mirai botnet in 2016 and the subsequent leak of the malware’s source code, the number of variants of this family of botnets has been growing steadily, its success being augmented by an environment of poorly-managed IoT devices.
- Due to the growth of mobile devices and cloud computing that act as attack surfaces, it has become easier for malicious bots to disguise themselves. The hackers traditionally used malicious bots for money-making activities. Now, they are increasingly used for industrial espionage and even influencing elections. Companies have to index attacks intensively and study them before countering them with their strategies. In December 2021, Google disrupted the “key command and control infrastructure” of Glupteba, a botnet that compromised nearly one million Windows devices worldwide, and filed a lawsuit against its operators.
- The convergence of physical security with the IP network expands the attack surface for cybercriminals. Criminals have expanded from targeting specific user accounts or regions to conquering entire internet entities. In September 2021, the Russian search engine Yandex was attacked at a record level by a distributed denial of service attack by the Meris botnet. The attack destroyed the company’s web infrastructure with millions of HTTP requests before hitting a peak of 21.8 million requests per second (RPS) and destabilizing its existing infrastructure. The Russian DDoS mitigation service Qrator Labs identified the attack and noted that the DDoS attacks leveraged HTTP pipelining originating from over 250,000 infected network devices from Mikrotik.
- However, the lack of skilled cybersecurity professionals to disrupt such attacks continues to be a vulnerability that companies face. The companies are recruiting new cybersecurity professionals to train them with the evolution of botnets and use detection software to prevent potential attacks. Mergers among the big players in the market are another solution the companies have come up with to strengthen their services and product portfolio.
- COVID-19 spam was a prevalent issue during the lockdown period and can be primarily divided into two types: with and without attachments. Vendors have had to rapidly roll out new offerings that match the pace of attackers worldwide. In July 2021, as the second wave of the virus surged, Neustar Inc. introduced UltraBot Protect to deliver enhanced capabilities to users to examine traffic patterns to determine risk, easily set rules, and block nefarious web application traffic through an intuitive and comprehensive user interface or the company’s extensible API, which deliver actionable data to manage incoming traffic or risks better.
Botnet Detection Industry Segmentation
A botnet is a collection of connected devices over the public internet, typically consisting of compromised workstations, servers, and devices in the Internet of Things (IoT) affected by malicious or ill-disposed software and malware. Botnets are regulated by a particular attacker or a group who uses them primarily for criminal or malicious purposes. Companies deploy preventive software to detect such attacks and guard the company's assets.
The Botnet Detection Market is segmented by Component (Solution and Service), Deployment Type (On-premise and Cloud), Organization Size (SMEs and Large Enterprises), End-user Vertical (Retail, BFSI, Travel & Hospitality, IT & Telecom, Media & Entertainment), and Geography.
|By Deployment Type|
|By Organization Size|
|By End-user Vertical|
|Travel & Hospitality|
|Media & Entertainment|
|Other End-user Verticals (Education, Healthcare, and Real Estate)|
Botnet Detection Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Botnet Detection Market according to our research experts:
Media and Entertainment Industry is Expected to Register Significant Growth
- Media & entertainment enterprises spend a significant share on advertisements to create brand awareness and attract new customers. Botnet detection techniques are majorly adopted in media & entertainment industries to reduce vulnerabilities towards advertisements. This sector is expected to be the fastest growing due to the increasing bot attacks on this sector through ad frauds. The involved risks and end-points increase with the rising number of advertisements on different platforms.
- Botnet attacks may run illegal activities such as spreading fraudulent content, price scraping, and others that affect the brand. Advertisers constantly monitor networks and servers to detect unusual traffic patterns and evaluate the reason for declining sales performance. This helps save organizations and users from cyber-attacks, data breaches, and monetary and information losses.
- With digitalization and the proliferation, the media and entertainment companies have realized the need for botnet detection solutions to protect and secure their databases, applications, and websites. Due to the increasing acceptability, the online media and entertainment industry is expanding at a high pace and is primarily driven by digital media.
- Netflix has been one of the prominent over-the-top, or OTT platforms globally. The company's annual revenue accounted for USD 29,697 million, recording a growth of 19% compared to the previous financial year. Furthermore, the company partners with diverse TV makers to offer its application to smart TVs, which is expected to further increase the number of users. As a result, the incident for botnet attacks is projected to increase, which is likely to foster market growth.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America to Hold a Major Market Share
- North America is expected to be one of the most significant revenue-generating regions for botnet detection management vendors. The US and Canada focus on innovations obtained from Research and Development (R&D) and technologies. The region owes its growth as a significant contributor to the rising investments in botnet detection solutions to safeguard websites, APIs, and mobile apps from bot attacks.
- Further, the region is anticipated to be a markedly productive regional market. The rising menace of the damage that botnets can do across the government in countries of these regions is boosting the demand.
- The US government has regularly taken stringent measures against prevalent and mass-level botnet threats. In April 2022, the United States Department of Justice announced a court-authorized operation conducted in March 2022 to disrupt a two-tiered global botnet of thousands of infected network hardware devices under the control of a threat actor known as Sandworm. The operation copied and removed malware from vulnerable internet-connected firewall devices that Sandworm used for command and control (C2) of the underlying botnet.
- Also, this can be attributed to the growing awareness among the population regarding data privacy which is supposed to promote the demand for botnet detection solutions across North America. Furthermore, increasingly harsh government regulations regarding data privacy are considered to promote the market's future growth significantly.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Botnet Detection Industry Overview
The botnet detection market is moderately competitive and consists of several major players. In terms of market share, few significant players currently dominate, with new players entering the market. The demand for services is directly related to the adoption level of botnet detection solutions among organizations. These companies leverage strategic collaborative initiatives to increase their market share and profitability. The companies operating in the market are also acquiring start-ups working on enterprise network equipment technologies to strengthen their product capabilities.
- July 2022 - Fastly, Inc. announced a reseller partnership with HUMAN Security, Inc. The partnership would offer customers bot protection and fraud and account abuse prevention to keep cybercriminals out of their online applications and services.
- April 2022 - Akamai Technologies, Inc. announced the availability of Audience Hijacking Protector, a new solution designed for online businesses to maximize revenue opportunities and minimize marketing fraud. Akamai also unveiled several new application security features designed to help organizations defend customers from threats across all online environments, including internet browsers, managed alerting for Bot Manager, mobile applications, during API interactions, and at the edge.
Botnet Detection Market Leaders
Akamai Technologies Inc.
PerimeterX Inc. (HUMAN Security, Inc.)
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Botnet Detection Market News
- August 2022 - MiQ and HUMAN Security, Inc. announced a partnership to increase quality, transparency, and trust in connected TV (CTV) advertisers. The partnership will provide MiQ clients and advertisers with a suite of ad fraud detection to ensure that only ‘real humans’ interact with their CTV investments. Sophisticated bots and fraud pose a significantly increased threat to CTV campaigns. MiQ would augment its existing fraud prevention measures to utilize the intelligence from HUMAN and better identify and exclude sources of bot-driven fraud.
- March 2022 - Akamai Technologies, Inc. announced the acquisition of Linode LLC. The company announced signing an agreement for Akamai to acquire Linode in exchange for approximately USD 900 million. The acquisition aims to provide businesses with a developer-friendly and widely distributed platform to build, run, and secure applications.
Botnet Detection Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Introduction to Market Drivers and Restraints
4.3 Market Drivers
4.3.1 Increasing Number of Connected Devices
4.3.2 Increasing Need For Security against Botnet in Organizations
4.3.3 Increasing Usage of APIs By Online Businesses
4.4 Market Restraints
4.4.1 Lack of Education among Users and Low Usage of Tools
4.4.2 Use of Conventional BOT Protection Methods, Such as Captcha Or Create Account
4.5 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.5.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.5.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.6 Technology Overview
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Component
5.2 By Deployment Type
5.3 By Organization Size
5.3.2 Large Enterprise
5.4 By End-user Vertical
5.4.3 Travel & Hospitality
5.4.4 IT &Telecom
5.4.5 Media & Entertainment
5.4.6 Other End-user Verticals (Education, Healthcare, and Real Estate)
5.5.1 North America
18.104.22.168 United States
22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
5.5.3 Asia Pacific
188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.5.4 Rest of the World
184.108.40.206 Latin America
220.127.116.11 Middle East & Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Imperva Inc.
6.1.2 PerimeterX Inc. (HUMAN Security, Inc.)
6.1.3 Akamai Technologies Inc.
6.1.4 Cloudflare, Inc.
6.1.5 DATADOME Group
6.1.6 Reblaze Technologies Ltd
6.1.7 Radware Ltd
6.1.8 Oracle Corporation
6.1.9 Intechnica Ltd (Netacea Ltd.)
6.1.10 Barracuda Networks, Inc.
7. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Botnet Detection Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Botnet Detection Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Botnet Detection Market?
The Botnet Detection Market is growing at a CAGR of 40.11% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Botnet Detection Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2018 - 2028.
Which region has largest share in Botnet Detection Market?
North America holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Botnet Detection Market?
Imperva Inc., Akamai Technologies Inc., PerimeterX Inc. (HUMAN Security, Inc.), Cloudflare, Inc., DATADOME Group are the major companies operating in Botnet Detection Market.
Botnet Detection Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Botnet Detection market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Botnet Detection analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.