Bioactive Ingredients Market Size
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
Bioactive Ingredients Market Analysis
The bioactive ingredients market is projected to register a CAGR of 8.27% over the next five years.
- Over recent years, consumers have increasingly become concerned about the quality of ingredients used in foods and beverages. In addition, the growing prevalence of risk factors, such as obesity, diabetes, stress, and high blood pressure, has increased awareness about the need for a healthy diet to stay fit. These factors encourage vendors to introduce innovative products with high nutritional value, thereby fueling the market growth of bio ingredients.
- The consumer demand for functional food is also increasing worldwide owing to consumers' changing lifestyles. Due to this, ingredients like probiotics, vitamins, minerals, and plant extracts are added to the food to increase its functionality and benefits. For instance, in January 2022, BASF launched Peptovitae, a series of four patented peptides developed by partnering with Korea-based biomimetic peptide R&D company Caregen.
- Apart from the growing adoption of health and wellness food products, the shift in demand from synthetic to natural beta-carotene and the increasing adoption of organic and natural ingredients, followed by ongoing veganism, are other major factors that will boost the market growth over the medium term. Thus, the key market players are actively adopting various strategies to penetrate the plant extract segment, as it is perceived to be a promising market in the future.
- For instance, in May 2022, Leaven Essentials, an India-based start-up, launched herbal and botanical extracts for nutraceuticals, food and beverages, and the pharmaceutical sector. The plant extracts include curcumin, ashwagandha, Boswellia, and green tea. Over the long term, the demand for bioactive ingredients will increase due to the increasing demand for nutraceuticals and functional food.
Bioactive Ingredients Industry Segmentation
Bioactive ingredients are the constituents of food or dietary supplements that are consumed other than for basic nutritional needs. Bioactive ingredients provide extra nutrition and health after consumption'.
The bioactive ingredients market is segmented by ingredient type, application, and geography. By ingredient, the market is segmented into probiotics and prebiotics, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins, carotenoids, plant extracts, minerals, amino acids, proteins, and peptides. Vitamins are further segmented into vitamins A, B, C, and others. Based on application, the market studied is segmented into food and beverage, dietary supplement, animal nutrition, personal and beauty care, and pharmaceutical. Based on geography, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa.
For each segment, the market sizing and forecasts have been done based on value (in USD million).
|Probiotics and Prebiotics|
|Omega-3 Fatty Acids|
|Amino Acids, Proteins, and Peptides|
|Food and Beverages|
|Personal and Beauty Care|
Bioactive Ingredients Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Bioactive Ingredients Market according to our research experts:
Rising Healthcare Expenditure
- Chronic diseases like obesity, diabetes, hypertension, cardiovascular diseases, and other diseases are increasing worldwide due to changing environments, changing food preferences, and increased consumption of processed food. Consumers are becoming more aware of such problems and are willing to pay for preventive healthcare products. Due to rising disposable income and an increased working population, consumers are willing to pay for dietary supplements to help their regular diet.
- Dietary supplements like vitamins, minerals, omega, and prebiotic supplements are in demand worldwide due to their health benefits. Due to this, the bioactive ingredients market is growing. The market players are launching new and innovative ingredients to use in dietary supplements, due to which its demand among market players is increasing.
- In September 2022, The FrieslandCampina company launched Biotis GOS-OP High Purity in the Asia-Pacific region (APAC). Using the company's high-level galactooligosaccharides (GOS) ingredient, it hopes to fill the market gap and fuel supplement innovation relating to prebiotics.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia Pacific is the Fastest Growing Market
- Several old-age populations are present in countries like China, Japan, and others. Because of this, the demand for dietary supplements is increasing in the region. According to World Bank data from 2021, 30% population of Japan is age 65 or above. Demand for dietary ingredients in the region is increasing due to dietary preferences changes.
- Additionally, in India and Australia, the demand for protein supplements is increasing as consumers become more fitness conscious. Consumers are opting to join gyms and fitness centers. Protein supplements provide good pre and postworkout nutrients. Because of this, the demand for protein ingredients is growing in the region.
- Additionally, due to the increasing trend of vegan food and supplements, the market players are launching plant extracts to use in supplements. For instance, in February 2021, Manipal Natural Private Limited launched a new nutraceutical and herbal extracts manufacturing facility in Banglore, India.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Bioactive Ingredients Industry Overview
The bioactive Ingredients market is fragmented, with regional and global market players dominating the market. Some prominent players in the market are Archer Daniels Midland Company, BASF SE, DuPont de Nemours Inc., Koninklijke DSM NV, and Chr. Hansen Holding A/S. The market players are engaging in mergers and acquisitions to strengthen their portfolios. For instance, in November 2022, Cargill Incorporated formed an acquisition with Owensboro Grain Company. The purpose of this acquisition was to launch Owensboro Grain company's integrated soy processing facility, protein ingredients, and other products in North America Market.
Bioactive Ingredients Market Leaders
Archer Daniels Midland Company
DuPont de Nemours Inc.
Koninklijke DSM NV
Chr. Hansen Holding A/S
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Bioactive Ingredients Market News
- January 2023: FrieslandCampina partnered with a specialist biotechnology company, Triplebar Bio Inc. The purpose of this partnership is to produce and scale up the production of cell-based proteins by using precision fermentation.
- August 2022: Archer Daniels Midland (ADM) Company, a global leader in alternative protein and nutrition products and solutions, and Benson Hill, Inc., a food tech company unlocking the natural genetic diversity of plants, announced a long-term strategic partnership to scale innovative soy ingredients that will help meet the rapidly growing demand for plant-based proteins. Through the collaboration, ADM will process and commercialize a portfolio of proprietary ingredients derived from Benson Hill ultra-high protein (UHP) soybeans through an exclusive North American licensing partnership.
- April 2022: Royal DSM, a global science-based company active in Health, Nutrition & Bioscience, launched a new sustainably focused campaign that encourages algae-derived omega-3 ingredients. In expanding the life’s™ portfolio, which includes products like life’s™OMEGA* and life’sDHA®, DSM aimed to create an omega-3 alternative to fish oil with zero impact on marine life while maintaining high quality and potency.
Bioactive Ingredients Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Drivers
4.2 Market Restraints
4.3 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Ingredient Type
5.1.1 Probiotics and Prebiotics
5.1.2 Omega-3 Fatty Acids
22.214.171.124 Vitamin A
126.96.36.199 Vitamin B
188.8.131.52 Vitamin C
5.1.5 Plant Extracts
5.1.7 Amino Acids, Proteins, and Peptides
5.2.1 Food and Beverages
5.2.2 Dietary Supplements
5.2.3 Animal Nutrition
5.2.4 Personal and Beauty Care
5.3.1 North America
184.108.40.206 United States
220.127.116.11 Rest of North America
18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
5.3.3 Asia Pacific
126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 South America
188.8.131.52 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
184.108.40.206 South Africa
220.127.116.11 Saudi Arabia
18.104.22.168 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Most Adopted Strategies
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 Archer Daniels Midland Company
6.3.2 DuPont de Nemours Inc.
6.3.3 Kerry Group
6.3.4 Ingredion Incorporated
6.3.5 BASF SE
6.3.6 Cargill Incorporated
6.3.7 Koninklijke DSM NV
6.3.8 Royal FrieslandCampina N.V.
6.3.9 Chr. Hansen Holding A/S
6.3.10 Advanced Enzyme Technologies
6.3.11 Neptune Wellness Solutions
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Bioactive Ingredients Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Bioactive Ingredients Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Bioactive Ingredients Market?
The Bioactive Ingredients Market is growing at a CAGR of 8.27% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Bioactive Ingredients Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Bioactive Ingredients Market?
North America holds highest share in 2022.
Who are the key players in Bioactive Ingredients Market?
Archer Daniels Midland Company, BASF SE, DuPont de Nemours Inc., Koninklijke DSM NV, Chr. Hansen Holding A/S are the major companies operating in Bioactive Ingredients Market.
Bioactive Ingredients Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Bioactive Ingredients market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Bioactive Ingredients analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.