Baby Carrier Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Market Size (2023)||USD 523.72 Million|
|Market Size (2028)||USD 804.70 Million|
|CAGR (2023 - 2028)||8.97 %|
|Fastest Growing Market||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Baby Carrier Market Analysis
The Baby Carrier Market size is expected to grow from USD 523.72 million in 2023 to USD 804.70 million by 2028, at a CAGR of 8.97% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
The market for baby products is constantly growing as it makes a mother's life easier as a parent. It also ensures that the baby is stimulated correctly and safely while traveling and sleeping. The International Hip Dysplasia Institute has approved various brands as hip-healthy based on multiple parameters, thereby ensuring the child's safety. In the global baby carriers market, players have developed innovative and technologically advanced products to have a superior hold on the market. The technologically advanced baby carriers ensure higher levels of safety. Carriers with functions, such as the fully adjustable and easy-to-use baby carrier to hold infants and young children, crossable shoulder straps for better comfort and personalized fit, machine washable, and carrier with three ergonomic carry positions, such as front-inward, hip, and back carry, are among the innovative products introduced in the market. Moreover, the adjustable designs allow the mothers to do hands-free breastfeeding on the go. Ease of mobility, innovation in functionality and style, and the demand for ergonomically designed carriers are the key reasons for the popularity of baby carriers worldwide. Unlike prams and strollers, baby carriers are preferred, as they increase the physical and psychological connection between the infant and the parent.
The industry's growth has also been supported by an increasing number of certified babywearing consultants (people who are trained to teach others about the safe and comfortable use of baby carriers) and organizations, like Babywearing International, that seek to educate parents and other caregivers about how to use wraps and slings. The report offers market size and values in (USD Million) during the forecasted years for the above segments.
Baby Carrier Market Trends
Increasing Consumer Spending on Baby Care Products
- Growing consumer spending and innovation in baby carrier design and materials used in baby carrier products are driving the growth of the baby carrier market globally. The increasing popularity of ergonomically designed baby carriers, known for better comfort and safety of babies, and lightweight baby carriers is expected to drive the growth of the baby carrier market. Owing to the development in baby carrier material, lightweight baby carriers are expected to drive the market's growth over the forecast period.
- Major players in the baby carrier are taking inspiration from baby strollers in terms of product innovation in the fabric, along with the shape and size of the baby carrier. For instance, in 2022, Ergobaby launched Tula Hemp Baby Carrier. The company claims that Hemp's naturally long fibers are biodegradable, temperature regulating, with antibacterial properties, and adjustable to babies from 7-45 lbs.
- In 2021, Ergobaby also launched Tula Linen Baby Carrier. The company claims that Tula Linen is made of French Flax and combed cotton that gives texture and interest to solid color. Further, the plant-based fabric is naturally hypoallergenic and breathable, making it perfect for warmer climates.
- As there is an increase in the demand for eco-friendly and organic products, considering the baby’s health, players are coming up with baby carriers made with 100% organic cotton. For instance, players like Ergobaby and Babybjorn offer organic baby carriers. Other accessories for this carrier include organic backpacks, organic front pouches, organic teething pads, and weather covers. Style has also become a factor in selecting baby carriers. Parents are also seeking carriers that benefit from all that babywearing offers without losing their sense of style.
- Players are coming up with the intersection of comfort and fashion and catering to modern parents looking for the best of both. Artipoppe, a design house based in the Netherlands, has developed this innovative idea for baby carriers targeting young mothers. The company offers a range of functional baby carriers that are comfortable and fashionable. Another instance is from Baby Tula, which offers bamboo swaddle blankets, the softest swaddles on the market with the most adorable prints.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America Holds Significant Market Share in Baby Carrier
- Governments of different provinces in the United States have laid strict rules and regulations for maintaining the quality of baby carriers. These extensive rules in the country are expected to increase the demand and competitiveness in the market, which consists of many organized and unorganized players.
- Some companies include Onya Baby, Nuna Intl BV Baby Tula LLC, Balboa Baby, and Moby Wrap. Moreover, this product offers magnetic buckles. According to the National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) and National Vital Statistics Center (NVSC), the preliminary number of births in the United States in 2021 was 3,659,289. This represents a 1% increase compared to 2020 and marks the highest figure since 1990, indicating a significant rise in the number of births.
- Hence, the increase in the infant population is propelling the demand for baby carrier products like buckled baby carriers, baby wrap carriers, baby sling carriers, and other such products across the region.
- Additionally, social media platforms, such as Instagram and YouTube, are playing huge roles in the trends related to baby and child-specific products. Thus, these platforms influence the purchasing decisions of many millennial mothers. Therefore, the baby carrier manufacturers in the region are introducing technically enhanced baby carriers.
- Consumers also demand baby carriers that can be used for activities beyond regular usage. Therefore, Canadian companies offer various innovative products to cater to customers' needs. For example, Maman Kangourou offers water baby carriers. They are 100% polyester water baby carriers, which are perfectly fit for water uses. Such factors have helped North America become a prominent region with the highest market share in the baby carrier market.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Baby Carrier Industry Overview
The global baby carrier market is fragmented, with several companies offering the products and competing with each other to gain more market share. Companies actively innovate new products and invest within the target segments. Thus, the key players are embarking on mergers and acquisitions, and expansions as their key strategies to achieve consolidation and optimize their offerings. Moreover, these players merge with local players to gain dominance in the local markets. Some of the top players in the market include Goodbaby International Holdings Limited, BabyBjörn Holding AB, Artsana Group, Ergobaby Inc., and Thrive International Inc. (Moby Wrap).
Baby Carrier Market Leaders
Goodbaby International Holdings Limited
BabyBjörn Holding AB
Thrive International, Inc. (Moby Wrap, Inc)
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Baby Carrier Market News
- March 2023: BabyBjörn announced the launch of two of its most popular products in dark purple color. The new dark purple color product offerings include Baby Carrier Mini and Bouncer Bliss in cotton. The company claims that BabyBjörn Baby Carrier Mini is a compact and easy-to-use baby carrier for newborns up to a year. Further, its features include two front-carrying positions.
- October 2022: The Aerial Buckle Carrier was unveiled by Wildbird, a manufacturer of high-end linen baby slings and other baby items. The Aerial Carrier came in two sizes (XS-XL and L-4XL) and was innovatively designed to carry babies from birth to 45 lb.
- July 2022: The US baby care company Ergobaby joined AllThingsBaby.com, a curated online marketplace for mother and child items. This significant addition is expected to increase the company's selection of high-end, authentic, and exquisite baby items from more than 50 global brands.
Baby Carrier Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Drivers
4.2 Market Restraints
4.3 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Product Type
5.1.1 Buckled Baby Carrier
5.1.2 Baby Wrap Carrier
5.1.3 Baby Sling Carrier
5.1.4 Other Product Types
5.2 Distribution Channel
5.2.2 Specialty Stores
5.2.3 Online Retail Stores
5.2.4 Other Distribution Channels
5.3.1 North America
18.104.22.168 United States
22.214.171.124 Rest of North America
126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
5.3.3 Asia Pacific
184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 South America
220.127.116.11 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle East and Africa
18.104.22.168 South Africa
22.214.171.124 Saudi Arabia
126.96.36.199 Rest of Middle East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Most Adopted Strategies
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 Artsana Group
6.3.2 BabyBjörn Holding AB
6.3.3 Goodbaby International Holdings Ltd
6.3.4 Ergobaby Inc.
6.3.5 Thrive International Inc. (Moby Wrap Inc.)
6.3.6 Lecharpe Porte-bonheur Inc. (Chimparoo)
6.3.9 Onya Baby Inc.
6.3.10 Baby Ktan LLC
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Baby Carrier Market Research FAQs
How big is the Baby Carrier Market?
The Baby Carrier Market size is expected to reach USD 523.72 million in 2023 and grow at a CAGR of 8.97% to reach USD 804.70 million by 2028.
What is the current Baby Carrier Market size?
In 2023, the Baby Carrier Market size is expected to reach USD 523.72 million.
Who are the key players in Baby Carrier Market?
Goodbaby International Holdings Limited, Artsana Group, BabyBjörn Holding AB, Ergobaby Inc. and Thrive International, Inc. (Moby Wrap, Inc) are the major companies operating in the Baby Carrier Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Baby Carrier Market?
Asia Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2023-2028).
Which region has the biggest share in Baby Carrier Market?
In 2023, the North America accounts for the largest market share in the Baby Carrier Market.
Baby Carrier Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Baby Carrier market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Baby Carrier analysis includes a market forecast outlook to for 2023 to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.