Automotive Smart Lighting Industry Overview
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia-Pacific|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
Automotive Smart Lighting Market Analysis
The automotive smart lighting market was valued at USD 4.09 billion in 2021, and it is expected to reach USD 6.91 billion in 2027, witnessing a CAGR of 9.09% during the forecast period.
The COVID-19 pandemic harmed the market studied, primarily attributed to halted manufacturing activities. The economic slowdown, coupled with the tariffs imposed on importing lights and other products, is expected to hamper the growth of this market. In addition, country-specific regulations for external auxiliary lights may affect the market's growth. However, with new car and commercial vehicle sales increasing in 2021, the demand for luxury cars with smart lighting features such as auto high-beam headlamps, active headlamps, and gesture-controlled interior lights increased demand for luxury cars with smart lighting features such as auto demand for smart lighting increased.
Over the long term, many vehicle manufacturers show great interest in integrating LED lights into their vehicles, as these lights use less power and have a longer lifespan than halogen and HID lights. Furthermore, LED lights offer durability, strength, and high quality.
The automotive manufacturers are investing in developing new lighting technologies and solutions focusing on the major lighting application, headlights. OEMs are launching vehicles with adaptive headlights to provide a safe driving experience at night.
A few major factors drive the research and development in automotive smart lighting, such as the adoption and sales of electric vehicles. It is to extend the range of electric drives and adopt advanced features from existing and upcoming vehicles. Moreover, this scenario is expected to continue in the future.
Some major players operating in the automotive smart lighting market are Stanley Electric Co. Ltd, ValeoGroup, Osram Licht AG, and others. These players are focusing on upgrading their product portfolio and are investing in new technologies to offer innovative solutions to their customers.
Automotive Smart Lighting Industry Segments
The lighting system of a motor vehicle consists of lighting and signaling devices mounted or integrated at the front, rear, sides, and in some cases, the top of a motor vehicle. They illuminate the roadway ahead for the driver and increase the vehicle's visibility, allowing other drivers and pedestrians to see its presence, position, size, direction of travel, and driver intentions.
The automotive smart lighting market is segmented by vehicle type, application type, technology, sales channel type, and geography.
The market has been segmented by vehicle type into passenger cars and commercial vehicles. The market has been segmented by application type into interior and exterior lighting. The market has been segmented by technology type into halogen, xenon, led, and other technologies.
By geography, the market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the rest of the world.
The automotive smart lighting market covers the latest trends and technological development and analyzes market demand by application type, technology, vehicle type, geography, and market share of major automotive smart lighting manufacturing companies across the globe. For each segment, market sizing and forecasting are based on value (USD billion).
|By Vehicle Type|
|By Application Type|
|By Technology Type|
Automotive Smart Lighting Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Automotive Smart Lighting Market according to our research experts:
Exterior lightening will lead the automotive smart lighting market.
Automobile manufacturers and governments focus on developing and promoting safe driving technologies, especially passenger vehicles. Most of those technologies are expected to become essential. For instance, the Canadian government announced the safe testing of every vehicle and deployed automated and connected vehicles while creating awareness regarding driver-assistance technologies.
To lower the number of accidents in the nation, the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways announced that it was working on making ADAS (advanced driver assistance systems) essential for automobiles.
Driver assistance systems, such as adaptive headlights, driver drowsiness attention systems, blind-spot information systems, lane-departure warning systems, forward collision warnings, and others, were under discussion by the ministry. Hence, the demand for smart lighting technology is increasing as new vehicles are loaded with various ADAS features. The major players are investing in new R&D facilities to stay ahead in this competitive market.
In July 2021, Magna International Inc. announced its plans to acquire safety tech major VeoneerInc., a leading player in automotive safety technology. With this acquisition, Magna aimed to strengthen and broaden its ADAS portfolio and industry position.
Automakers are increasingly looking for ways to differentiate themselves in the competitive automotive business. It is accomplished by developing new external and interior lighting system style characteristics. New technologies offering greater flexibility and scalability across several applications and vehicle types allow automotive designers to establish their distinct styles, appearance, and feel.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific is Anticipated to Lead the Automotive Smart Lighting Market
The Asia-Pacific was among the leading global automobile producers and markets in 2021, and China sold around 26.28 million vehicles in 2021. China, India, and Japan are the major economies in the regional market that are anticipated to grow faster in the global market.
In recent years, China has seen an increase in demand for luxury automobiles. The increased spending habits and booming economy can be attributable to the strong demand. In 2021, the AITO brand of SERES officially released the Wenjie M5, an all-new luxury smart SUV. The vehicle is offered in three versions and is now available for pre-order, with prices ranging from CNY 250,000 to CNY 320,000. The vehicle has features such as a 10.4-inch curved full LCD dashboard, a 15.6-inch 2K HDR intelligent center console screen, a panorama sunroof covering a total area of about 2 square meters, intelligent interactive lighting, and L2+ autonomous driving functions.
Manufacturers' significant investments in research and development and innovation to develop automobile lighting systems compatible with driver assistance systems and proximity sensors are expected to boost market revenue. In addition, the growing number of road accidents has raised concerns regarding vehicle and passenger safety, driving up demand for automobile lighting solutions. Government and transportation authorities' strict restrictions to increase road safety and boost the market's revenue.
· Recently, two GB standards regarding automotive lighting systems have been updated. The old standard GB 5920-2008 is expected to be replaced by GB 5920-2019 ("Photometric characteristics of front and rear position lamps, end-outline marker lamps and stop lamps for motor vehicles and their trailers"), and GB 23255-2009 may be superseded by GB 23255-2019 ("Photometric characteristics of daytime running lamps for power-driven vehicles").
· In December 2021, Toyoda Gosei Co. Ltd created full-color LED bulbs illuminating automobile interiors. The color may be freely adjusted from 64 variations to meet the user's mood and respond in various ways to individual preferences.
· In August 2021, ZKW developed a micromirror module for dynamic lighting function, with Silicon Austrian Labs, Evatec, EV Group, and TDK Electronics joining teams to onboard micromirror technology, which can be used in headlamps, rear lamps, side projection, and LIDAR systems for optical distance measurement.
· In August 2021, Kia announced that the EV6 electric crossover was equipped with class-leading levels of safety and convenience, including an advanced suite of driver assistance systems (ADAS). It got Front-lighting System (IFS), a technology that enables each LED to light independently.
Considering the factors mentioned above and developments, it is evident that the impact of cost can influence the purchasing behavior of consumers. The mid-level category will further influence the cost factor with the rising embedment of technology in electric and autonomous vehicles.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Automotive Smart Lighting Market Competitor Analysis
The automotive smart lighting market is moderately consolidated and majorly dominated by a few players, such as Koito Manufacturing Co. Ltd, Stanley Electric Co. Ltd, Valeo Group, Osram Licht AG, and Magneti Marelli SpA. The market is highly driven by factors like advanced technology, more use of sensors, growing investment in R&D projects, and a growing market of electric and autonomous vehicles. Major automotive smart lighting manufacturers are developing new technology for the future and acquiring small players to expand their market reach. For instance,
· In May 2022, Grupo ZKW laid the first stone of the third phase of a USD 102 million expansion at its Silao, Guanajuato plant that produces headlights, fog lamps, and auxiliary lamps. In the 15,700-square-meter expansion, which is expected to have the capacity to produce 1.5 million headlights per year, ZKW will manufacture headlights and center bar lamps for BMW, Ford, and GM EVs and SUVs.
· In April 2021, Ford announced it had developed a predictive smart headlight system that directs beams into upcoming corners even before drivers see them, illuminating hazards and other road users more quickly and effectively. The prototype advanced lighting system uses GPS location data, advanced technologies, and highly accurate street geometry information to accurately identify turns in the road ahead.
Automotive Smart Lighting Market Top Players
OsRam Licht AG
HELLA KGaA Hueck & Co.
Koito Manufacturing Co., Ltd
Stanley Electric Co., Ltd.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Automotive Smart Lighting Market Recent Developments
· In May 2022, OSRAM announced its Night Breaker line of automotive retrofit LEDs for headlights, introducing a new H4-LED combined low-beam/high-beam lamp approved for road use in Germany.
· In August 2021, ZKW developed a micromirror module for dynamic lighting function. Silicon Austrian Labs, Evatec, EV Group, TDK Electronics, and ZKW came together to onboard micromirror technology by leveraging their technology. It could be used in headlamps, rear lamps, side projection, and LIDAR systems for optical distance measurement.
· In April 2021, Samsung launched a monolithically-integrated PixCell LED, which could enable precise, selective lighting that enhances visibility. It was optimized for smart automotive headlamps.
Automotive Smart Lighting Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Drivers
4.2 Market Restraints
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Vehicle Type
5.1.1 Passenger Cars
5.1.2 Commercial Vehicles
5.2 By Application Type
5.2.1 Interior Lighting
5.2.2 Exterior Lighting
5.3 By Technology Type
5.3.4 Other Technologies
5.4 By Geography
5.4.1 North America
184.108.40.206 United States
220.127.116.11 Rest of North America
18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
126.96.36.199 South Korea
188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4.4 South America
184.108.40.206 Rest of South America
5.4.5 Middle-East and Africa
220.127.116.11 United Arab Emirates
18.104.22.168 Saudi Arabia
22.214.171.124 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Vendor Market Share
6.2 Company Profiles
6.2.1 Koito Manufacturing Co. Ltd
6.2.2 Stanley Electric Co. Ltd
6.2.3 Valeo Group
6.2.4 OsRam Licht AG
6.2.5 Magneti Marelli SpA
6.2.6 HELLA KGaA Hueck & Co.
6.2.7 Hyundai Mobis
6.2.8 Mitsuba Corporation
6.2.9 Lumax Industries
6.2.10 Koninklijke Philips NV
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Automotive Smart Lighting Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Automotive Smart Lighting Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Automotive Smart Lighting Market?
The Automotive Smart Lighting Market is growing at a CAGR of 9.09% over the next 5 years.
What is Automotive Smart Lighting Market size in 2018?
The Automotive Smart Lighting Market is valued at 4097 Million USD in 2018.
What is Automotive Smart Lighting Market size in 2028?
The Automotive Smart Lighting Market is valued at 6908 Million USD in 2028.
Which region has highest growth rate in Automotive Smart Lighting Market?
Asia-Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2018 - 2028.
Which region has largest share in Automotive Smart Lighting Market?
Asia-Pacific holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Automotive Smart Lighting Market?
OsRam Licht AG, HELLA KGaA Hueck & Co., Valeo Group, Koito Manufacturing Co., Ltd, Stanley Electric Co., Ltd. are the major companies operating in Automotive Smart Lighting Market.
Automotive Smart Lighting Industry Report
In-depth industry statistics and market share insights of the Automotive Smart Lighting Market sector for 2020, 2021, and 2022. The Automotive Smart Lighting Market research report provides a comprehensive outlook of the market size and an industry growth forecast for 2023 to 2028. Available to download is a free sample file of the Automotive Smart Lighting Market report PDF.