The market is poised to grow at a CAGR of 8.57% during the forecast period. Head-up displays in automobiles are a fast-evolving concept that take root in the airline industry. They involve displaying screen-less information without requiring the driver to look away from the road. The systems are increasingly being used in luxury cars and are expected to be a standard fitment in many of the mid-segment cars by the end of the forecast period. A range of new generation cars from Audi, BMW, Nissan, Mercedes, Volvo, etc. house an HUD that displays key information, such as speed and navigation directions, on the windshield.
North America to Push High Growth Rates
The technology is not entrenched in any of the developing markets and is still in the growing phase. The North American and European automobile markets are the most technology-sensitive markets, and the head-up display systems are available in only select automobiles even in these markets. The higher rate of growth in the Asia-Pacific region is expected to be because of a much lower base. In effect, the North American market is projected to see the highest levels of activity in the HUD market. Existing manufacturers of HUD systems of aircraft are expected be well placed to tap the automobile HUD market. Cutting costs and downsizing of technology are the major challenges facing these manufacturers.
Source: Statista, Mordor Intelligence Analysis
New technologies are developing quickly in the sector, and comprehensive voice-operated head-up display systems have been developed. They can take calls, give users information about the various car parameters like air pressure in tires, and guide the user for directions. Depth-fuse 3D Head-up Display, a laser-based volumetric display technology, is an important technology in the market. If successful, these technologies can open new prospects, aiding to the growth of the HUD in the future.
Key Developments in the Market:
- February 2018: BAE to supply UAE armed forces aircraft with head-up displays.
- March 2018: Refreshed Mazda 6 sedan showcased with advanced head-up display.
Major Players: BAE Systems, Continental AG, Denso Corporation, Nippon Seiki, amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase the Report:
- Latest technology trends adopted by the manufacturers in the automotive head up display industry
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Study on the vehicle segment that is expected to register the highest growth rate in the market
- Study on the region and country that are expected to dominate the market
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3 month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate Sheet (in Excel)
Customization of the Report
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our analyst, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Research Phases
1.2 Study Deliverables
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Overview and Technology Trends
3.1 Current Market Scenario
3.2 Technology Trends
3.3 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.3.1 Bargaining Power of the Suppliers
3.3.2 Bargaining Power of the Consumers
3.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.3.5 Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
4. Market Dynamics
5. Global Automotive Head-up Display Market, By HUD Type
6. Global Automotive Head-up Display (HUD) Market, By Vehicle Type
6.1 Passenger Car
6.2 Commercial Vehicle
7. Global Automotive Head-up Display Market, By Geography
7.1 North America
7.1.1 United States
7.1.4 Rest of North America
7.2.2 United Kingdom
7.2.6 Rest of Europe
7.3.4 Rest of Asia-Pacific
7.4 South America
7.4.3 Rest of South America
7.5 Middle East & Africa
7.5.1 Saudi Arabia
7.5.2 South Africa
7.5.3 Rest of Middle East & Africa
8. Competitive Landscape
8.2 Market Share Analysis
9. Company Profiles
9.1 Nippon Seiki Co., Ltd.
9.2 Continental AG
9.3 Yazaki Corporation
9.4 Denso Corporation
9.5 Robert Bosch GmbH
9.6 Visteon Corporation
9.7 Panasonic Corporation