|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||Asia Pacific|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The Automotive Actuators market size is estimated at USD 22.8 billion in 2020 and projected to grow at a CAGR of 8.9 % during the forecast period, to reach USD 38.3 billion by 2026.
Owing to the technological advancements in the automotive industry (such as autonomous vehicles and the advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), like the adaptive cruise control (ACC), automated brake assist, lane keep assist, and others.), the usage of actuators has increased at a tremendous pace.Among the various advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), the adaptive cruise control (ACC) and adaptive front-lighting system (AFS) features have been majorly deployed in modern vehicles.
- The high cost of BLDC actuator is likely to witness a decline, owing to the falling prices of electronics. It is expected to experience a higher deployment in the various automotive applications.
- The increasing demand for fuel-efficient vehicles, along with the rising demand for advanced actuator products, among the buyers, is compelling the major manufacturers to invest in R&D activities. For instance, Kierkert AG recently launched a new charging-plug actuator for plug-in hybrid vehicles.
Scope of the Report
An actuator is a component of a machine, that is responsible for moving and controlling a mechanism or system; for example, by opening or closing a valve. Automotive actuators find their applications in vehicles, for performing functions, such as throttling, braking, operating the headlight, HVAC, electronic clutch actuation, closures, and others, which have been considered in the scope of the market.
The global automotive actuators market has been segmented on the basis of application type, vehicle type, and geography.
Based on Application Type, the market is segmented as Throttle Actuator, Seat Adjustment Actuator, Brake Actuator,
By Closure Actuator, the market is segmented Window, Door and Sunroof, and Other Application Types,
By Vehicle Type, the market has been segmented into Passenger Cars and Commercial Vehicle,
and By Geography, the market is segmented as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World.
|By Application Type|
|Seat Adjustment Actuator|
|Other Application Types|
|By Vehicle Type|
Key Market Trends
Seat Adjustment to Witness Faster Growth
The sales of passenger and commercial vehicles continues to grow, and the OEMs have made interiors one of the main focus areas, in order to improve the safety and comfort of passengers. As a part of that effort, actuators have garnered significant attention, in order to make seats more comfortable and smart.
Actuators are used in seats, for adjusting lumbar support systems, seat positioning, angles, and for seat track actuators. Several types of automotive seat adjustment actuators are available in the market, such as geared motors for recliner adjustment, double output shaft for track drives, and linear actuators for height and tilt adjustments, among others.
Owing to the rise in the sales of SUVs and premium vehicles at the global level, the seat adjustment actuator segment of the market is expected to expand. The OEMs have been deploying electronic systems to control almost every part of an automobile, to enhance the experience of passengers.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific Continues to Capture the Major Market Share
The market in the Asia-Pacific region is expected to grow at a faster pace, with India, Japan, and China stepping toward becoming automotive component manufacturing hubs and supplying to countries, such as the United States and Germany. The increasing sales of both passenger cars and commercial vehicles is driving the market.
- Some of the key players in China are Limon Precision & Speed, Nutork Actuators & Valves, Brose, HELLA China, Mitsubishi, Changzhou, and Shengjie Electronic Co. The latest innovation in the Chinese market is mini-electric actuators, which help the headlights to track and illuminate the road, on the move. This feature is available in many high-end models.
- The factors that are making China one of the largest growing markets for actuators are the low costs, due to the domestic concentration of manufacturing plants, and people buying more vehicles.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Some of the major players, like Robert Bosch GmbH, Nidec Corporation, Denso Corporation, Johnson Electric, Aptiv PLC, and others, have captured significant shares in the market. Robert Bosch GmbH occupied a major share, of nearly 20%, in the global automotive actuators market in 2018, by consistently supplying actuators to numerous major OEMs, such as Volkswagen, GM, BMW, Daimler, Ford, Peugeot, and others, across the Asia-Pacific, European, and North American regions.
Robert Bosch GmbH
Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- In April 2021, Arkamys and Continental partnered to develop automotive audio solutions where Continental sound actuators were installed in a demonstration vehicle originally equipped with conventional commodity speakers. Arkamys combined its sound enhancement software with various loudspeaker and actuator configurations. The demo car features various sound reproduction systems, and manufacturer-friendly perks, like scalability, space and weight savings, reduced components, and concealed integration.
- In January 2020, Continental and Sennheiser together presented a "speakerless" audio system for the vehicle interior, which Sennheiser claims to generate immersive audio by exciting surfaces inside the vehicle to produce sound. The Continental actuator solution - Ac2ated Sound - reduces weight and space by up to 90% in comparison to conventional systems.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Drivers
4.2 Market Restraints
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Application Type
5.1.1 Throttle Actuator
5.1.2 Seat Adjustment Actuator
5.1.3 Brake Actuator
5.1.4 Closure Actuator
5.1.5 Other Application Types
5.2 By Vehicle Type
5.2.1 Passenger Cars
5.2.2 Commercial Vehicles
5.3.1 North America
18.104.22.168 United States
22.214.171.124 Rest of North America
126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 Rest of the World
220.127.116.11 South Africa
18.104.22.168 Other Countries
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Vendor Market Share
6.2 Company Profiles
6.2.1 Continental AG
6.2.2 BorgWarner Inc.
6.2.3 Aptiv PLC
6.2.4 Robert Bosch GmbH
6.2.5 Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
6.2.6 Nidec Corporation
6.2.7 Johnson Electric Holdings Limited
6.2.8 Hitachi Ltd.
6.2.9 CTS Corporation
6.2.10 Denso Corp.
6.2.11 Hella KGaA Hueck & Co.
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Automotive Actuators Market market is studied from 2018 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Automotive Actuators Market?
The Automotive Actuators Market is growing at a CAGR of 8.91% over the next 5 years.
What is Automotive Actuators Market size in 2018?
The Automotive Actuators Market is valued at 22 Billion USD in 2018.
What is Automotive Actuators Market size in 2027?
The Automotive Actuators Market is valued at 38 Billion USD in 2027.
Which region has highest growth rate in Automotive Actuators Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Automotive Actuators Market?
Asia Pacific holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Automotive Actuators Market?
Robert Bosch GmbH, Nidec Corporation, Denso Corporation, Johnson Electric, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation are the major companies operating in Automotive Actuators Market.