The automotive actuators market is anticipated to reach USD 26.91 billion by 2023. In 2016, the market for actuators used for automotive applications accounted for USD 14.9 billion. The market in the Asia-Pacific region is expected to grow at a faster pace, with India, Japan, and China stepping toward becoming automotive component manufacturing hubs and supplying to countries, such as the United States and Germany. The increasing sale of both passenger cars and commercial vehicles is driving the market.
An actuator is a device equipped in a machine that is used to control any mechanism (electrical or mechanical) associated with the machine. The use of electronics in the automotive industry has been increasing to fulfill the demand from consumers regarding vehicle performance, safety, and passenger comfort. Johnson Electric has been a leader in manufacturing actuators for the automobile industry. The company manufactures custom engineered actuators, including HVAC actuators, headlamp actuators, grill shutter actuators, and coolant & refrigerant valve actuators. Continental, another leader in automotive actuators market, designs and develops engine actuators and emission actuators.
Evolution of Autonomous Cars will Boost the Market for Actuators in Near Future
Growing R&D activities and massive investment from major players in Europe are opening up new horizons for driverless cars. As it would take a long time for fully autonomous vehicles to hit the road, the need of the hour is to make semi-autonomous vehicles a success using more advanced driver assistance system, which could aid in safer driving. The phase of development and thriving market of the semi-autonomous vehicles would continue until the end of this decade. With the expansion of the urban autopilot system, cars are expected to go fully autonomous by the end of 2025.
Rising innovations in the German automotive industry concerning autonomous cars is expected to help the market for electric automotive actuators to grow considerably over the forecast period. The demand for actuators, especially electric actuators and combination actuators (electrohydraulic, electro-pneumatic, etc.), is expected to grow considerably with an increase in the sale of semi- and fully autonomous vehicles.
Key Developments in the Market
- February 2018: ClearMotion, a global automotive technology company commercializing the world's first proactive ride system, announced that it has expanded its testing to the United Kingdom, taking residency at the MIRA Technology Park, United Kingdom's leading automotive technology park and enterprise zone.
- January 2018: Continental has introduced second generation high-temperature sensor and the differential pressure sensor to the Chinese market.
- December 2017: Honda's latest driving simulator ups the actuators for greater range of motion.
Major Players: Continental AG, Delphi Automotive, Robert Bosch GmbH, Denso Corporation, and Hella KGaA Hueck & Co., among others.
Reasons to Purchase the Report
- Study on the adoption of electric and hybrid vehicles in the country and its effects on the automotive industry of the country.
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s Five Forces Analysis.
- Study on the type of vehicle expected to dominate the market during the forecast period.
- Study on the region expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period.
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel).
Customization of the Report
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our representative, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 General Study Assumptions
2. Research Methodology
2.2 Analysis Methodology
2.3 Study Phases
2.4 Econometric Modelling
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Overview and Trends
4.2 Market Trends
4.3 Porter’s Five Forces Framework
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.3.5 Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
5. Market Dynamics
5.1.1 Growing Demand for Fuel-efficient Vehicles
5.1.2 Rise in Demand for Advanced Automation Systems
5.2.1 Low Preference for Diesel Passenger Cars
5.2.2 Increase in Vehicle Prices
5.3.1 Increasing Number of Government Regulations for Fuel-efficient Vehicles
6. Global Automotive Actuators Market Segmentation, by Type
6.1 Hydraulic Actuator
6.2 Electric Actuator
6.3 Pneumatic Actuator
7. Global Automotive Actuators Market Segmentation, by Application Type
7.1 Throttle Actuator
7.2 Fuel Injection Actuator
7.3 Brake Actuator
8. Global Automotive Actuators Market Segmentation, By Vehicle Type
8.1 Passenger Cars
8.2 Light Commercial Vehicle
8.3 Heavy Commercial Vehicle
9. Global Automotive Actuators Market Segmentation, by Region
9.1 North America
9.1.1 United States
9.1.3 Rest of North America
9.2.4 Rest of Asia-Pacific
9.3.1 United Kingdom
9.3.5 Rest of Europe
9.4 Rest of the World
9.4.2 South Africa
10. Competitive Landscape and Introduction
10.2 Market Share Analysis
10.3 Developments of Key Players
11. Key Vendor Analysis (Overview, Products & Services, Strategies)
11.1 APC International, Ltd
11.2 Buehler Motor Inc.
11.3 Continental AG
11.4 CTS Corporation
11.5 Delphi Automotive PLC
11.6 Denso Corporation
11.8 Hella Kgaa Hueck & Co.
11.9 Hitachi, Ltd
11.10 IAV Automotive Engineering
11.11 Johnson Electric Holdings Ltd
11.12 Magneti Marelli SpA
11.13 Marsh Automation Pvt Ltd
11.14 Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
11.15 Nook Industries, Inc.
11.16 Robert Bosch GmbH