The global automotive 3D printing market is expected to register a CAGR of about25%, during the forecast period, 2018 to 2023. 3D printing technology is very versatile. It is often used for engineering prototypes and tools for manufacturing processes, etc. The automotive industry has incorporated 3D printing throughout all processes and functions; from the design concept to near-end-of-life repairs. The advantages of 3D printing, include innovative designing, high adaptability levels, minimal time to market, and the ability to manufacture parts without expensive tooling. 3D printers in the automotive industry is extensively used for tooling and prototyping, because it reduces the turnaround time for creating a prototype. As a result, OEMs can now print a prototype overnight at a minimal cost using 3D printing. Local Motors is one of the first manufacturers to commercialize the use of 3D printing in the automotive sector, by manufacturing chassis and body parts using giant printers. Further, Ford Motor Company employed 3D printers, to produce prototypes of resin, silica powder, sand, and metal, to manufacture its vehicle components. Johnson Controls Automotive Seating, an auto-parts manufacturer, produces commercial 3D printed metal parts with complex shapes, which are hard to produce using conventional welding methods. Some of the major advancements include 3D printing of metals, speed printing, printing welder etc.
Source: Statista/Mordor Intelligence
North America to Dominate the Market Growth
North America is the largest market for automotive 3D printing, and is expected to increase its global market share, during the forecast period. The growth in the region is due to the increasing adoption of 3D printing technologies in the automotive industry.
Key Developments in the Market
- November 2017: 3D Systems unveiled a next-generation additive metal platform for high-productivity production.
- November 2017: Voxeljet has officially launched its new High Speed Sintering (HSS) technology.
Major players: Voxeljet AG, Stratasys Ltd, The Exone Company, Materialise Nv, Arcam Ab, 3dsystems Corporation, Eos GmbH, amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- The report analyses the impact of advancements in the 3D printing technology on the automotive industry.
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis.
- The material type that is expected to dominate the market.
- The regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period.
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel).
Customization of the Report
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our analyst, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 General Study Assumptions
2. Research Methodology
2.2 Analysis Methodology
2.3 Study Assumptions
2.4 Econometric Forecast Model
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Overview And Technology Trends
4.1 Current Market Scenario
4.2 Technology Trends
4.3 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power Of The Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power Of The Consumers
4.3.3 Threat Of New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat Of Substitute Products And Services
4.3.5 Competitive Rivalry Within The Industry
5. Market Dynamics
5.1.1 Demand for Fuel Efficient Vehicles
5.2.1 Stringent Regulations for Certification of Components and Parts in the Automotive Industry
5.3.1 Advancement in the 3D Printing Technologies
6. Global Automotive 3D Printing Market – Segmentation By Technology
6.1 Selective Laser Sintering (SLS)
6.2 Stereo Lithography
6.3 Digital Light Processing (DLP)
6.4 Electronic Beam Melting (EBM)
6.5 Selective Laser Melting (SLM)
6.6 Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM)
7. Global Automotive 3D Printing Market – Segmentation By Material
8. Global Automotive 3D Printing Market – Segmentation By Application
9. Global Automotive 3D Printing Market – Segmentation By Geography
9.1 North America
9.1.1 The United States
9.1.3 Rest of North America
9.2.4 Rest of Asia-Pacific
9.3.2 United Kingdom
9.3.4 Rest of Europe
9.4 Rest of the World
10. Competitive Landscape
10.2 Market Share Analysis
11. Company Profiles
11.1 Stratasys Ltd
11.2 The Exone Company
11.3 Materialise NV
11.4 Ultimaker BV
11.5 Arcam AB
11.6 Voxeljet AG
11.7 Höganäs AB
11.8 3D Systems Corporation
11.9 Envisiontec GmbH
11.10 EOS GmbH
11.11 Moog Inc.
12. Future of The Market