|Study Period:||2018 - 2026|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||North America|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The atopic dermatitis market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.8% during the forecast period of study during 2021-2026.
Allergy plays a significant role in patients with atopic dermatitis. The disease mostly flares up when the patient is around things that cause allergic reactions. It is particularly common in infants, as well as children, and is estimated to account for about 10-20% for those having eczema, as mentioned under the American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology.
Food allergy has been essentially highly debatable for decades in atopic dermatitis, with some common food, including milk, egg, and soy. There is a lot of literature that provides pieces of evidence that common food exacerbate atopic dermatitis. The malfunction in the immune system of the human body due to asthma is also among the major causes of atopic dermatitis.
Additionally, skin irritants occur due to certain soaps, detergents, perfumes, etc. Thus, allergic reactions, particularly due to food, are one of the major factors that are increasing the burden of atopic dermatitis and driving market growth.
Other factors driving the market are the rich pipeline portfolio, with products in advanced stages of clinical development, increasing government funds to support research for this disease, and rising campaigns to raise eczema awareness.
Scope of the Report
- Atopic dermatitis, also known as atopic eczema, often related as just a ‘skin condition’ is a misconception, which people think can be dealt with on their own. However, it impacts the patient’s life physically and emotionally.
- Its market mostly consists of topical treatment, steroids, and calcineurin inhibitors, primarily driven by the increasing burden of allergic reactions, including food allergy and rising campaigns for awareness, as well as high R&D in this field.
- The regional analysis demonstrated North America to be the dominant market for atopic dermatitis, primarily owing to higher treatment awareness among the target population, early adoption of novel medications, and better reimbursement policies.
- The atopic dermatitis market is segmented by drug class (corticosteroids, emollients/moisturizers, IL-4 and PDE4 inhibitors, calcineurin inhibitors, antibiotics, and other drug classes), route of administration (topical, oral, and parenteral), and geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle-East and Africa, and South America).
|By Drug Class|
|IL-4 and PDE4 Inhibitors|
|Other Drug Classes|
|By Route of Administration|
Key Market Trends
Corticosteroids Segment Dominated the Overall Market
- Corticosteroids are referred to as cortisone-like medicines that are used as pain relief medication for inflammation in the body. These drugs are known to have effects, such as reduced itching, swelling, allergic reactions, and redness.
- Additionally, these drugs are used as first-line treatment for different diseases, such as skin problems, severe allergies, arthritis, and asthma. Around 30 corticosteroid compounds have been licensed for atopic dermatitis treatment, of which hydrocortisone is considered to be the first.
- The rising innovations have led to the advent of counterfeit medicines and alternative drugs, such as immuno-modulators pimecrolimus and tacrolimus. However, these alternatives have pitfalls, such as selective effectivity and high cost. Hence, topical corticosteroids play a vital role in atopic dermatitis treatment.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America Captured the Largest Market Share and is Expected to Retain its Dominance
- North America is expected to provide high business for the atopic dermatitis market, over the forecast period.
- The factors, such as high treatment awareness among the patient population across the United States and Canada, healthcare infrastructure, early adoption of novel medications, better reimbursement policies, and increasing business partnerships of pharmaceutical companies with contract research organizations in the emerging markets, help the lucrative nature of this market in North America.
- Although both countries deal with heavy healthcare expenditure, there is an increasing number of campaigns organized each year by certain foundations, such as the PAN Foundation, National Eczema Associations, and several pharmaceutical companies, along with grants.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The presence of major market players, such as Pfizer Inc., Novartis International AG, Allergan PLC, and Abbvie Inc., is increasing the overall competitive rivalry of the market studied. Large organizations rely heavily on advertising expenses and branding strategies. They are also collaborating with successful personalities, initiatives, or programs at the national levels, which promote their product, thereby, are recognized earlier than other brands in the market studied.
In February 2021, the United States Food and Drug Administration had accepted the Priority Review of New Drug Application (NDA) for ruxolitinib cream of Incyte Corporation which is a selective JAK1/JAK2 inhibitor designed for topical application, as a treatment for atopic dermatitis (AD), a type of eczema.
In May 2020, the United States Food and Drug Administration provided approval to Sanofi for its Dupixent (dupilumab) for children aged 6 to 11 years with moderate-to-severe atopic dermatitis.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Increasing Burden of Allergic Reactions with Major Role of Food Allergy
4.2.2 Increasing Environmental Pollution
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Serious Adverse Effects Related to Certain Therapeutic Drugs
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Drug Class
5.1.3 IL-4 and PDE4 Inhibitors
5.1.4 Calcineurin Inhibitors
5.1.6 Other Drug Classes
5.2 By Route of Administration
5.3.1 North America
126.96.36.199 United States
188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
220.127.116.11 South korea
18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 Middle-East and Africa
22.214.171.124 South Africa
126.96.36.199 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
5.3.5 South America
188.8.131.52 Rest of South America
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Abbvie Inc.
6.1.2 Allergan PLC
6.1.3 Bausch Health Companies Inc.
6.1.4 Encore Dermatology Inc.
6.1.5 GlaxoSmithKline PLC
6.1.6 Nestle SA
6.1.7 Novartis International AG
6.1.8 Pfizer Inc.
6.1.9 Regenron Pharmaceutical Inc.
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Atopic Dermatitis Market market is studied from 2018 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of Atopic Dermatitis Market?
The Atopic Dermatitis Market is growing at a CAGR of 7.8% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Atopic Dermatitis Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Atopic Dermatitis Market?
North America holds highest share in 2020.
Who are the key players in Atopic Dermatitis Market?
Allergan PLC, Encore Dermatology Inc., Pfizer Inc., Abbvie Inc., Novartis International AG are the major companies operating in Atopic Dermatitis Market.