Asia-Pacific Silica Sand Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Forecast Data Period||2023 - 2028|
|Historical Data Period||2018 - 2021|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Asia-Pacific Silica Sand Market Analysis
The Asia-Pacific Silica Sand Market size is expected to grow from 144.19 million tons in 2023 to 185.08 million tons by 2028, at a CAGR of 5.12% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, nationwide lockdowns worldwide, disruption in manufacturing activities and supply chains, and production halts negatively impacted the market in 2020. However, the conditions started recovering in 2021, restoring the market's growth trajectory.
- The major factor driving the market studied is consistent economic growth leading to increased construction and use in the foundry industry.
- Illegal mining of sand and the development of sand-free construction products are expected to hinder the market's growth.
- Increasing application in the water treatment Industry and the development of sand-based treatments in dentistry and biotechnology are expected to act as opportunities for the market studied in the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Silica Sand Market Trends
Increasing Demand from the Glass Industry
- The glass manufacturing industry was one of the largest end-user industries of the Asia-Pacific silica sand market.
- Silica sand is an inevitable part of the glass manufacturing industry and accounts for more than 50% of the raw materials used. The material is used in various glass materials, including containers, flat and specialty glass, and fiberglass.
- The container sub-segment accounted for the largest consumption in the glass manufacturing application segment and was followed by the flat glass and the fiberglass sub-segments.
- The market in this application segment is expected to benefit heavily from the increasing demand for flat glass and fiberglass from the rapidly growing automotive and construction sectors in the emerging economies in Asia, especially India and China.
- China's construction sector is the largest industry in the world and according to the National Bureau of Statistics. As per the forecast given by the Ministry of Housing and Urban-Rural Development, China's construction sector is expected to maintain a 6% share of the country's GDP going into 2025.
- The country's demographics are expected to favor housing and commercial construction activities. The growing population has triggered public and private sector investments in affordable residential colonies. China's government has taken the initiative to gift 40 critical cities with 6.5 million government-subsidized rental homes that are supposed to accommodate around 13 million people.
- Moreover, the use of specialty glass in the reputable electronics sector in developed countries such as South Korea and Japan is expected to aid further the growth of the glass manufacturing industry, which in turn, may increase the demand for silica sand in the region.
- All the factors as mentioned above are expected to drive the market growth during the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
India is expected to Witness the Fastest Growth
- The Indian Ministry of Mines has classified sand as a minor mineral along with marble, clay, and others. The minor minerals account for about 12% of the entire mining industry in India.
- Silica sand in India is used for various applications, such as glass formation in foundries, chemical production, construction, paints, etc.
- India is one of the major countries in the global construction market, both in terms of revenue and market growth potential. India represents the tenth-largest economy in the world and the third-largest in purchasing power parity.
- This has increased demand for commercial buildings, shopping malls, arenas, high-rise buildings, and hotels, boosting the demand for silica sand in India.
- India's construction sector is one of the largest industries in the country, contributing a significant share of its GDP. India aims to achieve a goal of a USD 5 trillion economy by 2025. As a result, infrastructure development will play a critical role. The government has launched the National Infrastructure Pipeline (NIP) along with other initiatives such as the Make in India and Production-Linked Incentives (PLI) schemes to boost the growth of the infrastructure sector. Historically, more than 80% of the nation's infrastructure spending has been spent on funding transportation, power, water, and irrigation.
- India is one of the major countries in the global construction market, both in terms of revenue and market growth potential. India represents the tenth-largest economy in the world and the third-largest in purchasing power parity. The real estate industry in the country is anticipated to reach USD 1 trillion by the end of 2030, with the rising urban population expected to create additional demand for 25 million additional residential units.
- India's silica sand market is expected to grow at a healthy rate because of the growing construction and foundry industry.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific Silica Sand Industry Overview
The Asia-Pacific silica sand market is partially consolidated in nature. The major companies include Mitsubishi Corporation, TOCHU CORPORATION, Sibelco, PUM GROUP, and Fairmount Santrol, among others.
Asia-Pacific Silica Sand Market Leaders
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Asia-Pacific Silica Sand Market News
The recent developments pertaining to the major players in the market are covered in the complete study.
Asia Pacific Silica Sand Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Consistent Economic Growth Leading to Increase in Construction
4.1.2 Increasing Use in the Foundry Industry
4.1.3 Others Drivers
4.2.1 Illegal Mining of Sand
4.2.2 Development of Sand-free Construction Products
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION (Market Size in Volume)
5.1 End User Industry
5.1.1 Glass Manufacturing
5.1.3 Chemical Production
5.1.5 Paints and Coatings
5.1.6 Ceramics and Refractories
5.1.8 Oil and Gas Recovery
5.1.9 Other End User Industries
5.2.4 South Korea
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share(%)**/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Chongqing Changjiang River Moulding Material (Group) Co. Ltd.
6.4.2 Fairmount Santrol
6.4.3 Mitsubishi Corporation
6.4.4 Mangal Minerals
6.4.5 PUM GROUP
6.4.6 JFE MINERAL Co., LTD.
6.4.7 Raghav Productivity Enhancers Limited
6.4.9 Shivam Chemicals
6.4.10 TOCHU CORPORATION
6.4.11 Xinyi Golden Ruite Quartz Materials Co. Ltd.
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Increasing Application in the Water Treatment Industry
7.2 Development of Sand based Treatments in Dentistry and Biotechnology
Asia Pacific Silica Sand Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Asia-Pacific Silica Sand Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Asia-Pacific Silica Sand Market?
The Asia-Pacific Silica Sand Market is growing at a CAGR of 5.12% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in Asia-Pacific Silica Sand Market?
Mitsubishi Corporation, TOCHU CORPORATION, Sibelco, PUM GROUP, Fairmount Santrol are the major companies operating in Asia-Pacific Silica Sand Market.
Asia Pacific Silica Sand Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Asia-Pacific Silica Sand market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Asia-Pacific Silica Sand analysis includes a market forecast outlook to for 2023 to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.