The Asia-Pacific LiDAR market was estimated at USD 0.22 billion in 2015 and is projected to reach USD 0.54 billion by 2020, at a CAGR of 20.34% over the forecast period. The major driving forces for the LiDAR market include increasing use of drones for multiple applications, potential in delivery and automation sectors leading organizations to invest in drone research, encouragement from the government sector in automation and adoption of LiDAR in various government sector activities like flood relief and management.
Miniaturization of hardware components means that the technology can now be adapted to new applications, even when it is airborne. The growth in research and development of self-driven cars in automotive sector beckons increasing use of LiDAR. Also, the growth of 3D printing market and increasing demand for 3D printed images are driving the market. The market is constrained by the relatively high cost of equipment and surveying applications, unawareness and lack of education when it comes to technology and the development of new and better structure from motion (SFM) technology as a competitor.
Growth in the Asia-Pacific region is fueled by the developed nations of Australia, New Zealand and Japan and the rapidly emerging economies of China, with the highest GDP due to industrial growth and India, accounting for the largest IT hub. In Malaysia, the government has been using LiDAR to map the water table depth, flood risk in coastal areas and canal blocking restoration requirements.
The LiDAR market is segmented by technology (rayleigh, mie, raman, and fluorescence); by application (airborne, terrestrial, mobile, and short range); by component (GPS, data storage and management, inertial navigation systems, laser scanner); and by end-user application (civil engineering, archeology, mining & forestry, military, corridor mapping and topographical survey).
The report includes competitive assessment of market players, profiles, products and services, business strategies, recent developments and innovation, market landscape, future trends and forecasts, and mergers & acquisitions. The major companies dominating this market for their products, services, and continuous product developments are:
- SICK AG
- Hokuyo Automatic Co Ltd.
- Velodyne LiDAR
- Phoenix Aerial Systems
- 3D Laser Mapping
- Quantum Spatial
- Airborne Imaging Inc.
- Avent LiDAR Technology
- Faro Technology
- Leica GeoSystems AG
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the Asia-Pacific LiDAR market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on global and regional scales.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Asia-Pacific LiDAR market on both global and regional scales.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights into the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights into the major countries/regions in which this industry is growing and identifying the regions which are still untapped.
1.1 Market Definition
1.2 Market Scope
1.3 Market Constraints
2. Research Methodology
3. Market Overview
3.2 Market Size and Forecast
3.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.4 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces of Analysis
3.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.4.3 Threat from New Entrants
3.4.4 Threat from Substitute Products
3.4.5 Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
4. Market Dynamics
4.2.1 Fast Paced Development and Increasing Applications of Drone
4.2.2 Adoption in Government Sector Applications
4.2.3 Miniaturization of Hardware Components
4.2.4 Increasing Adoption of LiDAR in Automotive Sector
4.3.1 High Cost of Instruments and Surveying Application.
4.3.2 Competition from Newly Developed SFM Technology
5. Asia-Pacific LiDAR Market Segmentation
5.1 By Technology
5.1.1 Rayleigh LiDAR
5.1.2 Mie LiDAR
5.1.3 Raman LiDAR
5.1.4 Fluoroscence LiDAR
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Airborne LiDAR
5.2.2 Terrestial LiDAR
5.2.3 Mobile LiDAR
5.2.4 Short Range LiDAR
5.3 By Component
5.3.2 Data Storage and Management
5.3.3 Inertial Naviation Systems
5.3.4 Laser Scanners
5.4 By End-User Application
5.4.1 Civil Engineering
5.4.3 Mining & Forestry
5.4.5 Corridor Mapping & Topographical Survey
5.5 By Geography
6. Competitive Analysis - Company Profiles
6.1 SICK AG
6.2 Hokuyo Automatic Co. Ltd.
6.3 Velodyne LiDAR
6.5 Phoenix Aerial Systems
6.6 3D Laser Mapping
6.7 Quantum Spatial
6.8 Airborne Imaging Inc.
6.9 Avent LiDAR Technology
6.10 Faro Technology
6.12 Leica Geosystems AG
6.13 Reigl Laser Measurement Systems GmbH
6.14 Topcon Positioning Systems Inc.
6.15 Trimble Navigation Limited
7. Investment Analysis
7.1 Recent Mergers and Acquisitions
7.2 Investment Outlook
8. Future of Asia-Pacific LiDAR Market