APAC Hair Styling Tools Market Size
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
APAC Hair Styling Tools Market Analysis
The Asia Pacific beauty and personal care market is projected to register a CAGR of 4.93% during the forecast period.
- In Asia Pacific, hair is considered a defining feature of beauty and people attach significance to the quality and texture of their hair, believing it reflects their overall physical health. The market is witnessing a rapid change in keeping their hair healthy and thus following a good hairstyle, which is further influenced by evolving fashion trends, celebrity styles, and cinema making a major impact on hair styling. This is thus fueling the use of hair styling tools.
- Furthermore, the rise in the professional salon service industry in the emerging Asian-Pacific countries has opened vast opportunities for hair styling tool manufacturers to offer straighteners, curlers, crimpers, and various other hair tools. As consumers gravitate towards receiving professional salon services, it strongly supports the sales of hair styling equipment across the region.
APAC Hair Styling Tools Industry Segmentation
Hair styling tools include products used to style hair and add shine, texture, curl, and volume to hair.
The Asia Pacific hair styling tools market is segmented by product type, distribution channel, and geography. Based on product type, the market is segmented into hair dryers, hair straightening tools, hair curling tools, and multipurpose hair styling tools. Based on the distribution channel, the market is segmented into supermarkets/hypermarkets, specialty stores, online retail stores, and other distribution channels. Based on geography, the market is segmented into China, Japan, India, Australia, and the Rest of Asia-Pacific.
The report offers market size and forecasts for Asia-Pacific Hair Styling Tools Market in value (USD million) for all the above segments.
|By Product Type|
|Hair Straightening Tools|
|Hair Curling Tools|
|Multipurpose Hair Styling Tools|
|By Distribution Channel|
|Online Retail Stores|
|Other Distribution Channels|
|Rest of Asia-Pacific|
APAC Hair Styling Tools Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the APAC Hair Styling Tools Market according to our research experts:
Hair Dryers and Straighteners Dominate the Overall Hair Styling Tools Market
- The hair styling tools market is dominated by the hair dryers and hair straighteners segment in the emerging countries of Asia-Pacific. Asian consumers are more driven towards having silky, soft, and well-styled hair, which places demand for hair styling tools. Consumers in the market are even willing to pay considerable money for good-quality products that treat hair with care with less damage.
- Prominent market players are introducing products as per consumer needs, such as lightweight and portable hair straighteners that cause less hair damage technology, in tandem with introducing cost-efficient products to raise the affordability of products and enhance their consumer base across the region. In addition, the rising personal grooming trends and the increasing spending power of consumers are propelling demand for hair styling tools across Asia-Pacific.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
China Dominates the Asia Pacific Hair Styling Tools Market
- Chinese consumers are paying more attention to their personal image and beauty and leaning toward hair styling tools. The Chinese people, especially women, believe that beauty tools such as hair dryers, straighteners, and curlers give them more confidence in their overall looks, driving the sales of hair styling equipment in the country. Consumers in the country are also willing to pay more for branded or premium products due to the high quality offered and are even brand loyal to the companies.
- Furthermore, consumers wish to purchase hair styling tools and equipment through online sales mediums as it saves time and is convenient. Furthermore, consumers in the country are experimenting by carrying out basic hair activities such as hair cutting and not opting for professional hair care services. This is further expected to boost the demand for different hair styling tools, such as hair curlers, hair dryers, etc., in the country during the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
APAC Hair Styling Tools Industry Overview
The Asia Pacific hair styling tools market is a highly fragmented market with the presence of both local as well as multinational players. Prominent market players adopt different marketing strategies like product launches, innovations, and research and development to provide advanced hair protection technology to cater to the requirements of consumers' safe hair styling preferences. Major players in the Asia-Pacific hair styling tools market include Koninklijke Philips N.V., Panasonic Corporation, SSK Group, Andis Company, Inc., and Havells India Limited, among others.
APAC Hair Styling Tools Market Leaders
Koninklijke Philips N.V.
Andis Company, Inc.
Havells India Limited
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
APAC Hair Styling Tools Market News
- January 2023: Tymo Beauty launched in India to fill the void between low-quality products and extremely expensive ones available in the Indian market today. TYMO is an innovative beauty and personal care brand that brings together refined design, manufacturing, and fast shipping and offers the best to create naturally glamorous looks with diversified possibilities. TYMO intends to provide refined design, good quality, and fashion-tech hair tools that enable women to recognize beauty at an affordable cost. The products include hair straighteners, high-speed hair dryers, hot air brushes, hair curlers, etc.
- July 2022: Philips, a global leader in health technology, unveiled its premium range of hair styling tools in India. As the company expanded its female grooming portfolio, it launched a range that comes with breakthrough features that redefine care and protection for hair in the space of styling. The products are Philips UV Protect Hair Straightener 7000 series (BHS732/10) and Philips UV Protect Hair Dryer (BHD399/00) with mineral ionic care feature to lower UV damage, Philips Hair Straightener 5000 series (BHS520/00) with 2x ionic care to minimize heat damage and Philips 5000 Series Heated Straightening Brush with Ionic feature (BHH885/10). The company claims that it reduces UV and heat damage, and allows hair to be cared for while styling.
APAC Hair Styling Tools Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Drivers
4.2 Market Restraints
4.3 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Product Type
5.1.1 Hair Dryer
5.1.2 Hair Straightening Tools
5.1.3 Hair Curling Tools
5.1.4 Multipurpose Hair Styling Tools
5.2 By Distribution Channel
5.2.2 Specialty Stores
5.2.3 Online Retail Stores
5.2.4 Other Distribution Channels
5.3 By Geography
5.3.5 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Most Adopted Strategies
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 Koninklijke Philips N.V.
6.3.2 Panasonic Corporation
6.3.3 SSK Group
6.3.4 Andis Company, Inc.
6.3.5 Havells India Limited
6.3.6 Elchim company
6.3.7 De'Longhi,Kaz Incorporated
6.3.9 Agaro Lifestyle
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
8. ABOUT US
APAC Hair Styling Tools Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Asia Pacific Hair Styling Tools Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Asia Pacific Hair Styling Tools Market?
The Asia Pacific Hair Styling Tools Market is growing at a CAGR of 4.93% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in Asia Pacific Hair Styling Tools Market?
Koninklijke Philips N.V., Panasonic Corporation, SSK Group, Andis Company, Inc., Havells India Limited are the major companies operating in Asia Pacific Hair Styling Tools Market.
Asia Pacific Hair Styling Tools Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Asia Pacific Hair Styling Tools market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Asia Pacific Hair Styling Tools analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.