APAC Electric Vehicle Charging Station Market Size
|2019 - 2029
|Base Year For Estimation
|Market Size (2024)
|USD 11.41 Billion
|Market Size (2029)
|USD 37.89 Billion
|CAGR (2024 - 2029)
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
APAC Electric Vehicle Charging Station Market Analysis
The APAC Electric Vehicle Charging Station Market size is estimated at USD 11.41 billion in 2024, and is expected to reach USD 37.89 billion by 2029, growing at a CAGR of 15.96% during the forecast period (2024-2029).
Over the long term, the electric vehicle charging station market is gaining momentum as more people are turning towards electric vehicles due to their cost-effectiveness and eco-friendliness, enactment of stringent emission and fuel economy norms, government incentives, and availability of budget-friendly models, which is generating demand for charging stations.
Thus, the increasing penetration of electric vehicles in the automotive industry and rising vehicle sales have augmented market growth. Moreover, the rapid implementation of stringent government regulations to curb automobile emissions and increase battery efficiency has catalyzed the demand for electric vehicles in the automobile industry, increasing the demand for charging infrastructure.
Consumers' stance towards EV charging stations has been positive so far, with a growing demand for fast charging and easy accessibility. However, there are still concerns about the cost and reliability of charging infrastructure, which presents an opportunity for companies to innovate and improve their offerings.
APAC Electric Vehicle Charging Station Market Trends
Rising Electric Passenger Car Sale to Fuel Charging Station Demand
- Rapid technological developments, improvements in design and manufacturing, changing consumer preferences, growing concern about sustainability and climate change, and regulatory pressures and measures continue to transform the structures and systems that underpin the automotive industry.
- China is dominating in terms of electric vehicle sales across the region. In 2022, the country registered around 6 million electric cars. The cost advantages that electric vehicles have over conventional vehicles, as well as other factors, will help the market expand throughout the projected period. Another element that is anticipated to generate considerable development prospects for industry participants is a drop in battery pack prices.
- Similarly, the Indian electric vehicle (EV) market is estimated to grow rapidly during the forecast period. It is likely to necessitate a USD 180 billion investment in vehicle manufacturing and charging infrastructure by 2030.
- The Indian government's severe rules in response to rising levels of vehicular emissions and increased demand for environmentally friendly automobiles are likely to drive market expansion over the forecast period. Along with various schemes, the government announced a battery-swapping policy in the Union Budget 2022-2023, allowing depleted batteries to be switched out for charged ones at specific charging points, increasing the viability of EVs for potential buyers.
- Owing to the initiative, many carmakers are also investing in India under various schemes. For instance, In July 2021, Nissan started an investigation into the viability of producing electric cars in India. Nissan might wind up producing EVs in India for both domestic and international markets if the study's findings are favorable when it is finished in a year.
- Automakers have been gradually developing business strategies that take electrification into account as a way to increase market share and keep a competitive edge in recent years. Companies have kept their stance in a way to comply with policy regulations or in response to government incentives. Moving forward, companies have announced their recent plans with a greater choice of models to be rolled out sooner over the study period.
Rising Investment to Expand Charging Station Network in China
- Electric vehicles, though still in the growing stage across the region, are anticipated to play a key role. However, the expansion has faced some challenges in widespread adoption, out of which a major contributor turned out to be inadequate charging infrastructure. Owing to such challenges, key mobility partners and utility leaders have engaged some of the key greenfield and brownfield investments coupled with government investment to expand the charging network to every single corner across the region. For instance,
- According to China's electric vehicle charging alliance, In 2022, China has added 650,000 public chargers, which sum up to a total of 1.8 million charging stations, an increase of 56.7 percent in comparison to 2021, in which more than 40% have a fast-charging capability.
- In China, more than 70% of public charging stations are installed across densely populated regions like Guangdong and Shanghai. However, regulatory authorities have acknowledged this concern and are taking initiatives to spread the charging infrastructure.
- For instance, in January 2022, the National Development and Reform Commission and several other agencies urged for the installation of charging stations in every province and village under the government's "rural regeneration" initiative, which is likely to be a growth lever for the market.
- Technology advancements in charging stations are likely to increase the penetration while simultaneously minimizing the carbon emission of charging stations. Many companies are working to establish charging stations powered by green energy sources. For instance,
- With the above mentioned development across the region, the market is witnessing major growth during the forecast period.
APAC Electric Vehicle Charging Station Industry Overview
The Asia-Pacific electric vehicle charging station market is currently dominated by several key players, including Schneider Electric SE, ABB Ltd., Tesla Inc., Delta Electronics Inc., Star Charge, among others. These companies are actively collaborating with governments to bolster charging infrastructure. They are also committed to continuous technological advancement to enable fast charging and maintain a competitive edge. Furthermore, they are strategically establishing charging stations in various public locations to capture a significant portion of the market.
For instance, in November 2022, Yulu entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Karnataka government, announcing a substantial investment of INR 12 billion. Their plan involves deploying a fleet of 100,000 electric vehicles (EVs) and setting up the largest EV battery charging and swapping infrastructure in the state over the next five years.
Similarly, in February 2022, We Charge Electric Automobile Charging Service commenced its charging services at the D-Parking Parking Lot at Daiwa House Parking. The company is also actively working towards expanding its "Osoto Charging" network in Japan. Additionally, they are contributing to the development of "Oshigoto Charging" at workplaces, supporting the creation of charging facilities for employee parking lots, especially for employees who commute using electric vehicles.
APAC Electric Vehicle Charging Station Market Leaders
SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC SE
Delta Electronics Inc.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
APAC Electric Vehicle Charging Station Market News
- July 2023: Volkswagen AG unveiled a significant investment of USD 110 million to develop a charging station infrastructure in China. The company forged a strategic partnership with CAMS New Energy Technology (CAMS) to spearhead the charging station project within the country.
- June 2023: Charge+Zone made an impactful move by installing approximately 1,600 electric vehicle charging stations at 450 diverse locations across India. The company also committed to a substantial USD 125 million investment to expand this network significantly, aiming to establish over 5,000 kilometers of charging stations throughout the country in the coming years.
- September 2022: Tritium, the prominent Australian manufacturer responsible for the hardware components of DC EV chargers on highways, announced its ambitious plan to provide Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE) services for a colossal 7,000-kilometer charging corridor project in Western Australia. This undertaking stands as one of the largest EV infrastructure initiatives worldwide.
- March 2022: Automovil, an innovative mobility startup in India, revealed its intentions to deploy 500 EV charging stations across 11 major cities in the country. To accomplish this, the company has entered into a strategic partnership with Midgard Electric, their chosen EV charging solutions provider, to install Bharat AC-001 and DC-001 EV chargers at Automovil's outlets.
APAC Electric Vehicle Charging Station Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Drivers
4.1.1 Rise in Electric Vehicle Sales
4.2 Market Restraints
4.2.1 High Initial Cost to Slow Down-Market Growth
4.3 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION (Market Size in Value - USD)
5.1 Vehicle Type
5.1.1 Passenger Car
5.1.2 Commercial Vehicle
5.2 Charger Type
5.2.1 AC Charging Station
5.2.2 DC Charging Station
5.3 Application Ttype
5.4.4 South Korea
5.4.5 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Vendor Market Share
6.2 Company Profiles*
6.2.1 ABB Ltd.
6.2.2 Tesla Inc.
6.2.3 Delta Electronics Inc.
6.2.4 STAR CHARGE
6.2.5 SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC SE
6.2.6 Siemens AG
6.2.7 e-Mobility Power Inc.
6.2.8 Toyota Connected Corporation
6.2.9 Tata Power Company Limited
6.2.10 Charzer Tech Pvt Ltd.
6.2.11 Exicom Telesystems Ltd.
6.2.12 TecSo ChargeZone Ltd
6.2.13 Kinetic Green Energy and Power Solutions Ltd
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
APAC Electric Vehicle Charging Station Market Research Faqs
How big is the APAC Electric Vehicle Charging Station Market?
The APAC Electric Vehicle Charging Station Market size is expected to reach USD 11.41 billion in 2024 and grow at a CAGR of 15.96% to reach USD 37.89 billion by 2029.
What is the current APAC Electric Vehicle Charging Station Market size?
In 2024, the APAC Electric Vehicle Charging Station Market size is expected to reach USD 11.41 billion.
Who are the key players in APAC Electric Vehicle Charging Station Market?
SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC SE, ABB Ltd., Tesla Inc., Delta Electronics Inc. and STAR CHARGE are the major companies operating in the APAC Electric Vehicle Charging Station Market.
What years does this APAC Electric Vehicle Charging Station Market cover, and what was the market size in 2023?
In 2023, the APAC Electric Vehicle Charging Station Market size was estimated at USD 9.59 billion. The report covers the APAC Electric Vehicle Charging Station Market historical market size for years: 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023. The report also forecasts the APAC Electric Vehicle Charging Station Market size for years: 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028 and 2029.
APAC Electric Vehicle Charging Station Industry Report
Statistics for the 2024 APAC Electric Vehicle Charging Station market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. APAC Electric Vehicle Charging Station analysis includes a market forecast outlook to for 2024 to 2029 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.