|Study Period:||2019- 2026|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||North America|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The pressure labels market was valued at USD 93.19 billion in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 119.7 billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 4.26% over the forecast period 2021 - 2026. Amidst the COVID-19 situation, the food, beverage, and healthcare segment have shown more positive growth. The vendors serving these industries are working on the front line to continue producing and supplying label materials for critical consumer and healthcare products. However, for most of the vendors, the losses are increasing with sales and production on hold. The raw material prices are also rising, coupled with increased competition and evolving printing and decorating technologies.
- Pressure-sensitive labels will continue to be the most used label technology in the world. They have widespread applications in the food industry. Their applications are not limited to food and beverage but are also being used in the pharmaceutical industry, consumer durables, personal care, and other industries like construction even.
- Depending upon the usage, different adhesives can make pressure-sensitive labels removable or permanent. Additionally, pressure-sensitive adhesives for heavy-duty applications can last through extreme temperatures. They can support the weights of bulky labels, such as extended content labels, making them suitable for a wide variety of applications across various end-users, such as automotive products, cleaning products, alcohol/wine and spirits, and food and beverage.
- Also, the face stock of the PS Labels been made of recycled material, grow in line with the growing consciousness concerning sustainability in the minds of the consumer. Further, technological advancements have allowed many companies to come up with special adhesives that do not interfere with recycling. Sustainable innovations like this are expected to help Pressure Sensitive labels consolidate their position as market leaders.
- Further, the increasing share of the pressure-sensitive label market is using PE, PP, PET, PVC polymer film materials to provide added functionality, such as strength, moisture impermeability, color, surface smoothness, transparency, high gloss, durability, mechanical resistance to the label. Sustainability, durability, RFID, growth in anti-counterfeit labels, and removable and repositionable films as facestock are some of the important trends provided by the pressure-sensitive labels.
Scope of the Report
Pressure labels are flexible strips of plastic, paper, film, or other material coated with an adhesive. They stick to different types of surfaces at room temperature with the application of light pressure without the use of heat, water, or a solvent. The reports cover the emerging trends in the pressure labels market segmented by print process, end-user verticals across different regions studied.
|By Print Process|
|Other Processes (Offset Lithography, Electrophotography)|
|By End-User Industry|
|Industrial (Automotive, Industrial Chemicals, and Consumer and Non-consumer Durables)|
|Other End-user Industries|
|Middle East and Africa|
Key Market Trends
Beverage End-User Segment is Expected to Drive Growth of Pressure Labels
- In terms of application, the beverage end-user segment is expected to grow at the fastest rate during the forecast period in terms of volume due to the growing demand for packaged and branded products and growing consumer awareness about authenticity and other details of the product.
- Pressure-sensitive labeling plays a crucial role in beverage labeling, as it is important for the labels to adhere to the container in a variety of environments. In beverage labeling, an adhesive designed should stick quickly and stay in place as needed, whether the application condition is room temperature or something more challenging, like 20F to 40F. The label and adhesive must meet the needed durability despite cold, moisture, and repeated product handling.
- The growth in Anti-Counterfeit Labels is expected to be one of the major drivers for the Pressure Labels. This is particularly significant for the food industry as it prevents imitation and confirms the authenticity of the food. Anti-counterfeit measurements also help companies minimize losses due to counterfeiting in-term of revenue and loyalty. Pressure Labels are mostly used in food and pharmaceutical product labeling to reduce counterfeiting by using barcodes for tracking or RFID technology.
- Label vendors are addressing sustainability trends by developing and offering label products to help beverage brands meet their packaging-related sustainability goals. For labels being applied to PET containers, there are new developments, including recyclable pressure-sensitive labels that easily separate from PET containers in recycling systems. For instance, Hammer Packaging Inc works closely with substrate manufacturers to support sustainability efforts. It has been working on innovative solutions for the pressure-sensitive label segment of its business.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America is Expected to Register Market Growth
- The market in the region is moving towards sustainable solutions, which would be responsible for rapid growth in the future. For instance, In June 2020, Mohawk Fine Papers Inc., North America’s largest privately owned manufacturer of fine papers, envelopes, and specialty materials for printing, launched a portfolio of papers made from rapidly renewable, sustainable fibers.
- As part of this new product range, Mohawk announces a strategic partnership with UPM Raflatac Americas. They will be offering roll-fed, pressure-sensitive labeling solutions made with Mohawk Renewal Hemp and Straw paper face stocks.
- Further, Partnerships are also propelling the market demand in the region; for instance, Recently, Mark Andy and UPM Raflatac entered a strategic partnership in the North American pressure-sensitive label market. This partnership is expected to allow these players to develop high-quality, sustainable printing options for both flexographic and digital converters.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The Competitive Landscape for the Pressure Labels Market is highly fragmented due to the presence of a number of small and medium-sized players. This makes the market extremely competitive too. The recent developments in the market are as follows:-
- July 2021- Bostik announced the launch of high-performance technical hot melts, offerings in pellet, powder, web, and film adhesives for use in automotive, building, transfer printing, and textiles, as well as other industries. This was aimed to increase its share of the global thermobonding market following the expansion of its specialty hot melts product offering.
- February 2021- Henkel has launched Technomelt Supra ECO – a new range of hot melt adhesives that delivers greater sustainability and lower CO2 emissions while maintaining the performance of the Supra range. The innovative products are the result of a successful partnership with Dow, which developed a bio-based polyolefin elastomer that can effectively substitute fossil-based materials.
- October 2021- Avery Dennison achieved BioPreferred Certification from the USDA for a new hot-melt adhesive, the company has announced. The certified adhesive offers brands new opportunities to promote sustainable packaging to their customers by replacing petroleum-derived products with renewable agricultural resources.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHT
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.2.5 Threat of Substitutes
4.3 Industry Stakeholder Analysis
4.4 Market Drivers
4.4.1 Evolution of Digital Print Technology
4.5 Market Restraints
4.5.1 Lack of Products with Ability to Withstand Harsh Climatic Conditions
5. IMPACT OF COVID-19 ON THE MARKET
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Print Process
6.1.6 Other Processes (Offset Lithography, Electrophotography)
6.2 By End-User Industry
6.2.6 Industrial (Automotive, Industrial Chemicals, and Consumer and Non-consumer Durables)
6.2.8 Other End-user Industries
6.3 By Geography
6.3.1 North America
184.108.40.206 United States
220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
6.3.3 Asia Pacific
22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia Pacific
6.3.4 Latin America
6.3.5 Middle East and Africa
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Fort Dearborn Company
7.1.2 Multicolor Corporation
7.1.3 CCL Industries Inc
7.1.4 Westrock Company
7.1.5 Fuji Seal International Inc.
7.1.6 Taylor Corporation
7.1.7 Huhtamaki Group
7.1.8 Taghleef Industries Inc (Al Ghurair Group)
7.1.10 Avery Dennison Corp
7.1.11 UPM Raflatac, Inc
7.1.12 Inland Printing Co. Ltd
7.1.13 Constantia Flexibles Group GmbH
7.1.14 Folienprint RAKO GmbH
7.1.15 Herma GmbH
7.1.16 Skanem AS
8. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Pressure Labels Market market is studied from 2019 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of Pressure Labels Market?
The Pressure Labels Market is growing at a CAGR of 4.26% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Pressure Labels Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Pressure Labels Market?
North America holds highest share in 2020.
Who are the key players in Pressure Labels Market?
Fort Dearborn Company, Multicolor Corporation, CCL Industries Inc, Westrock Company, Fuji Seal International Inc. are the major companies operating in Pressure Labels Market.