Pressure Labels Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Market Size (2023)||USD 21.69 Billion|
|Market Size (2028)||USD 26.63 Billion|
|CAGR (2023 - 2028)||4.19 %|
|Fastest Growing Market||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Pressure Labels Market Analysis
The Pressure Label Market size is expected to grow from USD 21.69 billion in 2023 to USD 26.63 billion by 2028, at a CAGR of 4.19% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
Growth in the pharmaceutical industry, coupled with its vast application scope in diverse sectors, is the major driver for the pressure labels market. The latest innovations in pressure label products and rising demand is expected to fuel the market growth.
- The most popular label technology worldwide will continue to be pressure-sensitive labels. They are used extensively in the food business. Their uses extend beyond the food and beverage industry, including the pharmaceutical, consumer goods, personal care, and other sectors, including construction.
- Depending on the application, different adhesives can make pressure-sensitive labels permanent or releasable. Furthermore, temperature extremes would not harm pressure-sensitive sealants for heavy-duty applications. They are appropriate for applications across a range of end-users, including automotive items, cleaning products, alcohol, wine, spirits, food, and beverage, because they can handle the weights of thick labels, such as expanded content labels.
- Additionally, in keeping with consumers' increased awareness of sustainability, the face stock of PS Labels is comprised of recyclable materials. Furthermore, through technical breakthroughs, numerous businesses created unique adhesives that do not obstruct recycling. Pressure Sensitive labels are anticipated to strengthen their position as industry leaders with the aid of sustainable technologies like these.
- Additionally, a growing portion of pressure-sensitive label makers uses PE, PP, PET, and PVC polymer film materials to provide their products with additional functionality. It includes strength, moisture resistance, color, smoothness on the surface, transparency, high gloss, durability, and mechanical resistance. Important trends offered by pressure-sensitive labels include sustainability, robustness, RFID, a rise in anti-counterfeit labels, and detachable and repositionable films as face stock.
- The food, beverage, and healthcare sectors showed more encouraging growth despite the COVID-19 scenario. The suppliers to these sectors are actively engaged in the ongoing production and provision of label materials for essential consumer and healthcare products. However, with sales and production on hold, most merchants' losses are worsening. Along with increased competition and developing printing and decorating technologies, the price of raw materials is also rising. Further, the Russia-Ukraine war also impacts the overall packaging ecosystem.
Pressure Labels Market Trends
Beverage End-User Segment is Expected to Drive Growth of Pressure Labels
- With the rising demand for packaged and branded products and rising consumer knowledge of the authenticity and other aspects of the product, the beverage end-user category is anticipated to see the fastest growth over the projection period.
- Because beverage labels must stick to the container in various situations, pressure-sensitive labeling is essential. Whether the application environment is room temperature or something more difficult, like 20F to 40F, an adhesive design for beverage labeling should stick rapidly and stay in place as needed. Despite cold, dampness, and continuous product handling, the label and adhesive must maintain the appropriate durability.
- One driving demand for Pressure Labels is anticipated to be the expansion of Anti-Counterfeit Labels. As it discourages copying and verifies the meal's authenticity, this is particularly crucial for the food business. Anti-counterfeiting measures also assist businesses in reducing revenue and customer loyalty losses brought on by counterfeiting. Pressure labels are mostly used to label food and pharmaceutical products to decrease counterfeiting using RFID or barcode tracking.
- Label suppliers are responding to sustainability trends by creating and providing label goods to assist beverage manufacturers in achieving their sustainability-related packaging goals. In recycling systems, pressure-sensitive labels that are recyclable and effortlessly removed from PET containers are new advances for labels used on PET containers. For instance, Hammer Packaging Inc. collaborates closely with substrate producers to promote sustainability initiatives. For its pressure-sensitive label business, it includes developing creative solutions.
- The highest percentage of supplier gross income in the spirits category, 33%, belongs to high-end spirits, according to the Distilled Spirits Council of the United States (DISCUS). Value spirits saw the fastest increase in gross income during that same year. Value spirits had an increase of 8% over the prior year, while premium spirits saw an increase of 3.8%. The fact that premium spirits comprised the greatest portion of supplier gross income suggests increased consumer demand for high-end and upscale goods. This pattern implies consumers are prepared to shell out more money for premium goods and services. Consequently, the Pressure Labels Market can satisfy this need by offering premium labeling options that raise expensive spirits' perceived value and aesthetic appeal. Some examples might include specialized finishing, embossing, foil stamping, or distinctive label materials that exude elegance and exclusivity.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America is Expected to Register Market Growth
- The incorporation of radio-frequency identification, which employs radio waves to gather and communicate information in pressure-sensitive labels, became more important in the United States. Food, drinks, and medicines are only end-user verticals with technological integration for monitoring, authentication, and anti-counterfeiting items.
- The US Census Bureau reports that retail food store sales in the United States reached USD 880.30 billion in 2021 instead of USD 850.20 billion in 2020. Additionally, the industry had yearly sales of over USD 947 billion in 2022, representing a 7.6% rise over the same period in 2021. Thus, the need for pressure-sensitive labels will rise in the upcoming years due to the expanding food packaging sector.
- Mohawk declares a strategic relationship with UPM Raflatac Americas as a part of this new product line. Mohawk Renewal Hemp and Straw paper face stocks can provide roll-fed, pressure-sensitive labeling solutions.
- Partnerships are also driving the market demand in the region. For instance, Mark Andy and UPM Raflatac recently formed a strategic relationship in the North American pressure-sensitive label industry. This collaboration should enable these players to create printing solutions that are both flexographic and digital converters friendly to the environment.
- The demand for PSLs is rising as a result of their adaptability. The industry's operators are compelled by this to increase their capabilities, allowing them to meet the escalating demand of the market. As an illustration, UPM Raflatac declared intentions to open a brand-new terminal in Vancouver, Washington, in the United States, in December 2022. The new location will expand UPM Raflatac's slitting and distribution capabilities while supporting the company's North American terminal network. To support the success of its clients and meet the increasing demand for pressure-sensitive labels, UPM Raflatac consistently invests in operational enhancements.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Pressure Labels Industry Overview
The Pressure Labels Market is highly fragmented as several small and medium-sized players, such as Multi-color Corporation, CCL Industries Inc, Westrock Company, and Fuji Seal International Inc, contain a share in the market. Also, this makes the market extremely competitive too.
- October 2022- Multi-Color Corporation (MCC) announced the signing of a deal to acquire Flexcoat's label and lamination businesses in Brazil. MCC intends to increase its investment in Brazil's product expansion. Flexcoat's clients can access a wider variety of cutting-edge label technologies and increased product choices through the purchase.
- May 2022- CCL Industries announced that Bolt acquired Avery. The acquisition will help CCL Industries expand its product portfolio and increase its regional production capacity.
Pressure Labels Market Leaders
Fort Dearborn Company
CCL Industries Inc
Fuji Seal International Inc.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Pressure Labels Market News
- April 2023: Innovia Films developed Rayoface AQBSA, a specially tailored printable coated cavitated BOPP face stock film, by fusing their surface technology with their material science. The 58-micron thick film, which features a printed top coating and an adhesive-receptive coated surface on the back, is intended for pressure-sensitive labeling (PSL) applications.
- May 2022: CCL Industries Inc. announced a significant expansion at its Innovia business unit near Leipzig in Germany. A new 8 m wide multi-layer co-extrusion line will produce highly engineered thin gauge label films to support the growing, sustainability-driven demand for lower resin content materials. Further, the new technology includes unique label films, with 36,000 tons of annual capacity designed for best-in-class energy efficiency.
Pressure Labels Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHT
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitutes
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Market Drivers
4.4.1 Evolution of Digital Print Technology
4.5 Market Restraints
4.5.1 Lack of Products with Ability to Withstand Harsh Climatic Conditions
5. Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Print Process
6.1.6 Other Processes (Offset Lithography, Electrophotography)
6.2 By End-User Industry
6.2.6 Industrial (Automotive, Industrial Chemicals, and Consumer and Non-consumer Durables)
6.2.8 Other End-user Industries
6.3 By Geography
6.3.1 North America
126.96.36.199 United States
188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
6.3.3 Asia Pacific
220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia Pacific
6.3.4 Latin America
6.3.5 Middle East and Africa
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Fort Dearborn Company
7.1.2 Multicolor Corporation
7.1.3 CCL Industries Inc
7.1.4 Westrock Company
7.1.5 Fuji Seal International Inc.
7.1.6 Taylor Corporation
7.1.7 Huhtamaki Group
7.1.8 Taghleef Industries Inc (Al Ghurair Group)
7.1.10 Avery Dennison Corp
7.1.11 UPM Raflatac, Inc
7.1.12 Inland Printing Co. Ltd
7.1.13 Constantia Flexibles Group GmbH
7.1.14 Folienprint RAKO GmbH
7.1.15 Herma GmbH
7.1.16 Skanem AS
- *List Not Exhaustive
8. Investment Analysis
9. Future of the Market
Pressure Labels Market Research FAQs
How big is the Pressure Labels Market?
The Pressure Labels Market size is expected to reach USD 21.69 billion in 2023 and grow at a CAGR of 4.19% to reach USD 26.63 billion by 2028.
What is the current Pressure Labels Market size?
In 2023, the Pressure Labels Market size is expected to reach USD 21.69 billion.
Who are the key players in Pressure Labels Market?
Fort Dearborn Company, Multicolor Corporation, CCL Industries Inc, Westrock Company and Fuji Seal International Inc. are the major companies operating in the Pressure Labels Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Pressure Labels Market?
Asia Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2023-2028).
Which region has the biggest share in Pressure Labels Market?
In 2023, the North America accounts for the largest market share in Pressure Labels Market.
Pressure Labels Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Pressure Labels market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Pressure Labels analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.