APAC Digital Forensics Market Size
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
APAC Digital Forensics Market Analysis
The Asia Pacific Digital Forensics Market is expected to register a CAGR of 15.3% during the forecast period (2021-2026). The increasing instances of data breaches across multiple industries, which have resulted in leaking millions of consumer data records to hackers and loss of millions of dollars for multiple companies, have increased the focus on forensics solutions across multiple economies across the world.
- Digital forensics comprises mobile forensics, network forensics, computer forensics, and other types. The usage of mobile devices in criminal investigations and similar activity has been present and widely recognized for some years. Mobile forensics is not only limited to the mobile phone, but it also includes GPS, tablets, PDA, and other mobile devices. The main goal here is to retrieve data from memory, SD card, SIM without any loss, damage, or manipulation of data.
- The Asia Pacific is considered one of the fastest-growing regions for electronic devices. The increased usage of various devices is due to the intense competition in the region among companies, as the prices of the devices are declining. This region also has the presence of several hackers who are constantly attacking the servers of either government organizations or private companies. This has increased the dependence on technologies, like digital forensics, in the region. The attacks on government organizations and private companies' networks are increasing by the day. In October 2020, an app developed by Chines e digital forensics giant Meiya Pico was being used in the mass surveillance of ethnic minorities in Xinjiang, Ningxia, and Yunnan.
- The region has been witnessing initiatives to provide training for new individuals. For instance, Kaspersky sponsored its first Asia-Pacific Online Policy Forum in August 2020, titled "Cyber-resilience in the 'new normal': threats and new methods," to set the platform for ongoing discussions between the public and business sectors on cybersecurity policy, regulatory, and operational concerns. In August 2020, Kroll, a division of Duff & Phelps, a global pioneer in risk mitigation, investigations, compliance, cyber resilience, security, and incident response solutions, said that it is eager to expand the firm's capabilities in the Asia Pacific in response to the rising demand for digital forensics, incident response (IR) and managed security services.
- Moreover, there is an increase in the number of connected devices in China. According to The Mobile Economy China Report by GSMA, the area will have gained more than 200 million 5G connections, giving it an 87% share of worldwide 5G connections in 2020. Moreover, in 2020, Chinese carriers installed over 600,000 new 5G base stations, with plans to deploy even more in 2021. As a result, it will increase the sales of connected devices, thereby directly augmenting the need for IoT forensics in the region.
- Additionally, India has experienced a rapid increase in cybercrime registration, with the country ranking fifth in terms of the overall DNS hijacks. For instance, in July 2021, the Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-IN) has given alerts to over 700 enterprises to enable active cyber-threat prevention, according to the Indian IT Minister. Thereafter, according to the IT ministry, the government has drafted a National Cyber Security Strategy 2021 (NCSS2021) that addresses national cyberspace security challenges holistically.
APAC Digital Forensics Industry Segmentation
Digital forensics is described as the process of preserving, identifying, extracting, and documenting computer evidence for use in a court of law. It is the science of extracting evidence from digital media such as computers, mobile phones, servers, or networks. It equips the forensic team with advanced techniques and tools for resolving complex digital-related cases.
The Asia Pacific Digital Forensics Market is Segmented By Component (Hardware, Software, Services), Type (Mobile Forensics, Computer Forensics, Network Forensics), End-user Vertical (Government and Law Enforcement Agencies. BFSI, IT and Telecom).
|Government and Law Enforcement Agencies|
|IT and Telecom|
|Other End-user Verticals|
|Rest of Asia Pacific|
APAC Digital Forensics Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the APAC Digital Forensics Market according to our research experts:
Growing Cybercrimes and Security Concerns Across Industries to Drive the Market
- The rising instances of data breaches across multiple industries, which have resulted in leaking millions of records of consumer data to hackers and causing loss of substantial financial resources for multiple companies, have increased the focus on forensics solutions across the Asia-Pacific Region. For instance, according to IBM, in 2021, the average cost of data breaches in Japan and Australia was USD 4.69 billion and USD 2.82 billion, respectively.
- The number of cybercrimes has grown exponentially over the years, both in size and scope. The attacks have evolved, and new types are emerging, which are successfully circumventing the firewall setup of an enterprise. Therefore, enterprises are struggling to keep the cost and complexity of managing security down.
- Small and medium enterprises (SMEs) are considered the most affected end-users when it comes to cyber-attacks. They suffer more malware infections. The frequency of attacks against SMEs appears to be on the rise. As per Verizon's 2020 Data Breach Investigations Report, a significant number of all the cyberattacks targeted small businesses.
- The BFSI industry deals with a massive amount of financial data, facilitating insurance, transactions, and related financial services to its customers. These financial institutions are prone to network risks, thereby demanding enhanced security solutions for network protection. The growing adoption of advanced technology, electronic platform, the internet, the cloud, and mobile banking have created an increased susceptibility to network threats to the critical data of the banking customers. As BFSI organizations engage in mergers and acquisitions activities, adopt new technologies, like mobile payment systems, and expand operations, they significantly increase their network risk. At the same time, they also need simple solutions to orchestrate and manage their growing security portfolios.
- Moreover, digital forensics is vital for retailers to drive down the mean time taken to repair or mean time to identify. Retailers that are increasing their online presence, where downtime is money, use network forensic tools daily for extra security. In the retail sector, network forensic provides operational intelligence, which also helps them in enhancing their network.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Mobile Forensic Segment to Witness High Market Growth
- As mobile devices today are increasingly gravitating between personal and professional use, the streams of data that are flowing into them may also witness rapid growth. The mobile forensics process primarily aims to recover digital evidence or any type of relevant data from the device in a way that may preserve the evidence in a sound condition. To achieve that, the mobile forensic processes have precise rules that can isolate, seize, transport, and store data for analysis and prove digital evidence safely originating from mobile devices. Mobile devices include tablets, cellphones, PDAs, and other similar personal use equipment.
- With the rapidly growing functionality and increasing data storage, mobile devices have today become small size computers. With password protection and encryption now becoming the norm for all these devices, law enforcement agencies continue to struggle to find ways to extract and analyze useful information from these devices.
- In mobile forensics, evidence sources include the device's external and internal memory, SIM cards, cell towers, and network servers. The strong security of the SIM cards and the proprietary operating systems may act as an obstruction during the evidence acquisition. The data on these mobile devices are personal; therefore, the information becomes very crucial for forensic investigators. To obtain this evidence without alteration, the physical acquisition of these devices has become essential. Moreover, increasing devices, the importance of social evidence, an increase in big data, and mobile malware are expected to become the major driving factors for mobile forensic solutions in the coming years.
- Although the field of mobile forensics is under continuous research activity, newer concepts, such as the involvement of cloud computing in the ecosystem and the evolution of mobile enterprise solutions, particularly mobile device management and BYOD, have brought new opportunities and issues to the sector.
- Another major trend in this digital age is the incremental rise of social media. According to International Telecommunication Union, in 2021, South Korea had the highest percentage of active social media user penetration, with 89.3%, followed by Malaysia with 86%, Hong Kong(85.6%), and Singapore (84.4%). India featured a 32.3% penetration percentage. Mobile devices play a crucial role here. The need to combine the forensic procedures with social media is as much important about finding the witnesses and locating the suspects as it is about reading the details these platforms provide.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
APAC Digital Forensics Industry Overview
The Asia Pacific Digital Forensics Market is a concentrated maket with few players like IBM Corporation, SecureWorks, Inc., Guidance Software Inc. (Opentext), Network Intelligence, Inc., etc. These companies are leveraging strategic collaborative initiatives and continuous innovations to increase their market share and increase their profitability.
- October 2021 - FireEye Inc. and McAfee Enterprise announced that Symphony Technology Group (STG) had closed its sponsored acquisition of FireEye in an all-cash transaction totaling USD 1.2 billion. This transaction completed the combination of McAfee Enterprise with FireEye.
- July 2021 - Paraben Corporation released a 3.0 version of the E3 Forensic Platform, the all-in-one digital evidence, and data investigations solution. This platform has allowed for a unified investigation of digital data from multiple sources such as computers, smartphones, the cloud, and IoT. This approach has allowed for streamlined workflows and the discovery of more data.
- January 2021 - TDK-Micronas, a German manufacturer of integrated circuits, selected OpenText Exceed TurboX of Opentext to help their design engineers access secure, high-performance systems for remote work during the global pandemic.
APAC Digital Forensics Market Leaders
Cisco Systems Inc.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
APAC Digital Forensics Market News
- February 2021 - Opentext launched BrightCloud Cloud Service Intelligence, enabling Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASB) and other security and technology vendors to enforce data-centric security policies and prevent unwanted interactions with cloud services and associated applications.
- May 2020 - FireEye Inc. announced the availability of FireEye Cloudvisory, a control center for cloud security management across any security environment, such as private, public, and hybrid cloud. Integrated into the FireEye cloud security portfolio, Cloudvisory offers instant deployment across cloud infrastructures, and further capabilities in security analytics through FireEye trademarked offering Helix and advanced threat detection through FireEye Detection On Demand.
- March 2020- IBM Corporation announced an updated version of QRadar incident Forensic solution that allows the user to easily configure during disaster recovery, provide new log source management and dashboard functionality, software-only options for network insights, and managed security services providers (MSSPs) to leverage QRadar apps on a per-tenant basis.
APAC Digital Forensics Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.2.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.4 Threat of Substitutes
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Technology Snapshot
4.4 Assessment of the Impact of COVID-19 on the Industry
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Growing Adoption of IoT Devices Driving Demand for Digital Forensics Solutions and Services
5.1.2 Growing Cybercrimes and Security Concerns across Industries
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 Lack of Skilled Professionals and Preplanning among Organizations
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.2.1 Mobile Forensics
6.2.2 Computer Forensics
6.2.3 Network Forensics
6.2.4 Other Types
6.3 End-User Vertical
6.3.1 Government and Law Enforcement Agencies
6.3.3 IT and Telecom
6.3.4 Other End-user Verticals
6.4 By Country
6.4.4 South Korea
6.4.5 Rest of Asia Pacific
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 IBM Corporation
7.1.2 Cisco Systems Inc.
7.1.3 SecureWorks, Inc.
7.1.4 Guidance Software Inc. (Opentext)
7.1.5 Network Intelligence, Inc.
7.1.6 Paraben Corporation
7.1.7 FireEye Inc.
7.1.8 MSAB Inc.
7.1.9 LogRhythm Inc.
7.1.10 Oxygen Forensics Inc.
8. FUTURE OUTLOOK
9. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
APAC Digital Forensics Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Asia Pacific Digital Forensics Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Asia Pacific Digital Forensics Market ?
The Asia Pacific Digital Forensics Market is growing at a CAGR of 15.3% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in Asia Pacific Digital Forensics Market ?
Paraben Corporation , FireEye Inc., MSAB Inc., IBM Corporation, Cisco Systems Inc. are the major companies operating in Asia Pacific Digital Forensics Market .
Asia Pacific Digital Forensics Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Asia Pacific Digital Forensics market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Asia Pacific Digital Forensics analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.