Asia-Pacific Dental Equipment Market
The Asia-Pacific dental equipment market was estimated at USD 2.4 billion in 2016 and is projected to reach USD 3.8 billion by 2021 at a CAGR of 9 % during the forecast period from 2016 to 2021.
Dental tools are used by dental professionals to examine, manipulate, restore and remove teeth and surrounding oral structures and to provide dental treatment. The end-users for this market include hospitals, dental clinics, and dental practitioners.
Asia-Pacific Dental Equipment Market Dynamics
The report details several factors driving and restraining the market, some of which are listed below.
- Increasing dental and global tourism in developing nations
- Rising demand for cosmetic surgery
- High prevalence of dental disorders because of tobacco use, unhealthy diet, poor oral hygiene, and consumption of harmful alcohol
- Rise in geriatric population
- Technological advancements
- Low penetration rate for dental implants, which enables cost-effective dental implants for the end-user
- Increasing number of dental clinics and practitioners providing large level dental care services
The lack of consumer awareness in developing countries, the high price of advanced dental equipment and the taxes on certain classes of dental equipment may hinder the market growth.
The market for dental equipment is segmented based on the type of products, which include general and diagnostic devices (systems and parts, dental implants, crowns and bridges, dental lasers, radiology equipment, dental biomaterial, dental chairs), treatment-based devices (orthodontic, endodontic, periodontic, prosthodontics), other dental devices (laboratory machines and accessories, hygiene maintenance, retail dental care essentials) and dental consumables. Dental lasers are expected to contribute towards the growth of the dental equipment market.
Based on geography, the market is segmented into India, China, Japan, Australia, New Zealand and South Korea. Asian countries such as India, China, South Korea, Malaysia, Thailand, and Singapore are likely to provide a growing market due to their increasing per capita income and emerging economies.
Many players in this market are trying to expand their product portfolio in order to top the global market. While a few companies are entering the market by acquisitions, top companies are expanding their growth in this market by acquiring other companies. Some companies have adopted product innovation and new product launches as their key business strategy to ensure their dominance in this market.
Asia-Pacific Dental Equipment Market key players
- Dentsply International Inc.
- GC Corporation
- J. Morita USA, Inc.
- Nobel Biocare Holding AG
- Planmeca Oy
- Sirona Dental Systems, Inc.
- Straumann Holding AG
Asia-Pacific Dental Equipment Market Key Deliverables
- Market analysis for the Asia-Pacific dental equipment market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on global and regional scale.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Asia-Pacific dental equipment market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is growing and to also identify the regions that are still untapped.
1.1 Report Description
1.2 Research Methodology
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Landscape
3.1 Asia-Pacific Dental Equipment Market Overview
3.2 Market Dynamics
3.2.1 Asia-Pacific Dental Equipment Market Drivers
126.96.36.199 Growing Medical and Dental Tourism in Developing Countries
188.8.131.52 Increase in Aging Population
184.108.40.206 Rising Demand for Cosmetic Dentistry
220.127.116.11 Low Dental Implant Penetration Rate
18.104.22.168 Asia-Pacific Economic Growth
22.214.171.124 Emerging Markets
3.2.2 Asia-Pacific Dental Equipment Market Restraints
126.96.36.199 Lack of Proper Reimbursement
188.8.131.52 Lack of Awareness
184.108.40.206 Apathy towards Dental Care in Developing Nations
3.2.3 Asia-Pacific Dental Equipment Market Opportunities
220.127.116.11 Dental Disorders on a Rise
18.104.22.168 Low Penetration Rates for New Technologies
3.2.4 Asia-Pacific Dental Equipment Market Challenges
22.214.171.124 High Cost of Treatment
126.96.36.199 Regulatory Risk
188.8.131.52 Significant Barriers to Entry
3.2.5 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
184.108.40.206 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
220.127.116.11 Bargaining Power of Buyers
18.104.22.168 Threat of New Entrants
22.214.171.124 Threat of Substitutes
126.96.36.199 Competitive Rivalry
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 Asia-Pacific Dental Equipment Market By Type of Products
4.1.1 General and Diagnostic Equipment Market
188.8.131.52 Systems and parts
184.108.40.206 Dental Implants
220.127.116.11 Crown and Bridges
18.104.22.168 Dental Lasers
22.214.171.124.1 Soft Tissue Lasers
126.96.36.199.1.2 Solid State Lasers
188.8.131.52.1.3 Diode Lasers
184.108.40.206.2 All (Hard/Soft) Tissue Laser Market
220.127.116.11.2.1 Solid state lasers
4.1.2 Radiology Equipment
18.104.22.168 Extra-Oral Radiology Equipment
22.214.171.124 Panoramic X-Ray Unit
126.96.36.199 Cephalometric X-Ray Unit
188.8.131.52 Intra-Oral Radiology Equipment
184.108.40.206 Photostimulable Phosphor (PSP) Systems
220.127.116.11 Digital Sensors
18.104.22.168 Cone Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT) Scanners
4.1.3 Dental Biomaterial
4.1.4 Dental Chairs and Equipment
4.2 Treatment Based Devices Market
4.3 Other Dental Device Markets
4.3.1 Laboratory Machines and Accessories
4.3.2 Hygiene Maintenance
4.3.3 Retail Dental Care Essentials
4.4 Dental Consumables Markets
5. Market Segmentation, By Geography
5.5 South Korea
5.6 Rest of Asia (RoA)
6. Asia-Pacific Dental Equipment Market Competitive Landscape
6.2 Mergers & Acquisitions
6.3 Agreements & Collaborations
6.4 New Product Developments
6.5 Other Developments
6.6 Market Share Analysis
7. Asia-Pacific Dental Equipment Market Company Profiles
7.1 J. Morita USA, Inc.
7.2 Planmeca Oy
7.3 Dentsply International Inc.
7.4 GC Corporation
7.5 Nobel Biocare Holding AG
7.6 Straumann Holding AG
7.7 Sirona Dental Systems, Inc.
7.8 Yoshida Dental Mfg. Co., Ltd.
7.9 Osada Electric Company, Limited
7.10 Takara Belmont Corporation
7.11 Gendex Dental Systems
7.12 Nakanishi Inc.
8. Dental Device Market Pipeline Products