The Asia-Pacific Construction Chemicals market was valued at USD 19419.036 million in 2017 and is expected to register a CAGR of 6.84% during the forecast period (2018 – 2023). The market is expected to increase rapidly in the emerging economies, due to the increase in demand from the real estate sector.
Construction chemicals, regarded as specialty chemicals, are defined as chemical compounds that are added in construction materials, such as cement and concrete, at the construction site to improve the performance, enhance workability, as well as to protect and hold construction material and the finished structure strong and bonded together.
Growing Demand in Real Estate Sector
The increasing construction activities in emerging economies, such as India & China, and the increased adoption of innovative construction procedures are driving the market of the infrastructure sector. Furthermore, the growing adoption of ready-to-mix concrete in the region and the rising FDIs in the real estate sector is expected to offer numerous opportunities for the growth of the Asia-Pacific construction chemicals market. Demand for construction chemicals has a direct correlation with the level of new and redevelopment construction activity being undertaken in a specific region. The requirements of adequate housing for the growing populations in the world’s developing regions would fuel demand for residential construction, which, in turn, would be instrumental in propelling the construction in other areas, such as the development of infrastructure, industries, and commercial spaces. Asia-Pacific and the Middle East have a large contributed in this sector, as there have been large-scale infrastructure, industrial, and commercial activities in these regions.
China to Dominate the Market
China is the largest market and accounted for more than 63% of the Asia-Pacific construction chemicals market. It is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.45% during the forecast period (2018-2023). The continuous improvements in economic conditions in the region have enhanced the financial status of the consumers, in turn, boosting the demand for buildings and other infrastructural activities in the region. The region is fast becoming a new industrial hub, consequently, making the Asia-Pacific an area of immense potential and opportunities.
Key Developments in the Market:
- March 2018: L&T Construction and DFCCIL signed a contract valued INR₹2,864 Crores for Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor. The prestigious order was secured against stiff competition from five other major EPC companies.
- February 2018: AkzoNobel and Evonik started a joint venture plant for chlorine and potassium hydroxide. The facility uses state-of-the-art membrane electrolysis technology for its production process.
Major Players: Mapei Inc., Sika AG, BASF SE, W.R.Grace Co., and RPM International Inc., among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- To understand the impact of end-user applications on the market
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Identifying the countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel)
Customization of the Report
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our representative, who will ensure you to get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Research Phases
1.2 Study Deliverables
1.3 Scope of the Report
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Insights
3.1 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products & Services
3.2.5 Degree of Competition
3.3 Regulations & Policies
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Increasing Construction Activities in Asia-Pacific
4.1.2 Water-Based Products to Witness Greater Demand despite Higher Prices
4.2.1 Sluggish Economis Growth in the European Construction Sector
4.2.2 Lack of Skilled Labor
4.3.1 Removal of Trade Barriers Among ASEAN Countries
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis (Market Size, Growth, and Forecast)
5.1 By End-user Industry
188.8.131.52 Office Space
184.108.40.206 Education Institutes
220.127.116.11 Iron and Steel
18.104.22.168 Capital Goods
22.214.171.124 Petrochemical (including Fertilizers)
126.96.36.199 Food & Beverages
188.8.131.52 Roads and Bridges
184.108.40.206 Elite Housing
220.127.116.11 Middle-class Housing
18.104.22.168 Low-cost Housing
5.1.5 Publice Space
22.214.171.124 Government Buildings
126.96.36.199 Statues and Monuments
5.2 By Product Type
5.2.1 Concrete Admixture
5.2.2 Surface Treatments
5.2.3 Repair and Rehabilitation
5.2.4 Protective Coatings
5.2.5 Industrial Flooring
5.2.6 Water Proofing
5.2.9 Grouts and Anchors
5.2.10 Cement Grinding Aids
6. Regional Market Analysis (Market Size, Growth, and Forecast)
6.4 South Korea
6.5 ASEAN Countries
6.6 Rest of Asia-Pacific
7. Future of the Market
8. Competitive Landscape
8.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations and Agreements
8.2 Market Share Analysis**
8.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
9. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials**, Products & Services and Recent Developments)
9.3 Albemarle Corporation
9.4 Arkema SA
9.5 Ashland Inc.
9.6 BASF SE
9.7 Bolton Group
9.8 Cemetaid (N.S.W.) Pty. Ltd
9.10 CICO Technologies Ltd
9.11 CONMIX Ltd
9.14 Franklin International
9.15 Henkel AG & Company, KGaA
9.17 Larsen & Toubro
9.18 Mapei, Inc.
9.19 MUHU Construction Materials Co. Ltd
9.20 Petron Engineering Construction Limited
9.21 Pidilite Industries
9.22 RPM International Inc.
9.23 Selena FM S.A.
9.24 Sika AG
9.25 Structural Waterproofing
9.26 Thermax Global
9.27 W.R. Grace & Co.
*List not exhaustive
**Subject to availability on public domain