|Study Period:||2018 - 2026|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||North America|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The digital asset management market was valued at USD 2,962.2 million in 2020, and it is expected to reach USD 8,158.6 million by 2026, registering a CAGR of 18.46% during the period of 2021-2026.
Owing to the growing push for digital engagement the creating and dissemination of digital content has increased significantly. According to a study of 1,600 marketing and creative professionals by Bynder in 2021, the digital transformation initiatives have gained traction during the pandemic, and owing to this, generating more digital content and creative output, implementing new digital experience technologies, and investing in customer data and analytics are the focal points of marketing departments. This is expected to have a positive impact on the market.
- Among marketers and enterprises, the ability to manage and organize digital assets is among the biggest challenges, and about 55% of the respondents from a study conducted by Fotoware in October 2020 recognized the same thing. The study also found that without strong metadata governance many, assets are hard to find and remain unused, according to 48% of the respondents.
- Many enterprises store their digital assets in several different locations and only few store in one system. According to the study of over 3,400 marketers and creators, by Demand Metric in 2020, 61% mentioned cloud storage platforms, 51% a server of their company, 34% Digital Asset Management, 32% local storage, and 21% mentioned a tool with a suite of solutions, including an asset storage component. With the use of Digital Asset Management (DAM), cross team and overall enterprise digital assets can be easily managed and accessed.
- Moreover, DAM systems help improve security as the businesses have far greater control over access to files and identity management. According to a study of 130 organizations, by Veronis, 88% of companies do not limit access to their folders appropriately, thus, leaving room for anyone to access and download such files, which leads to data leaks, loss, and hacks.
- A security breach may be detrimental to business and tend to lose customers over lack of security and trust. According to a study by Bynder, about 78% of the respondents mentioned that they would stop engaging with brand online if that brand had experienced breach. To avoid such scenarios, the use of DAMs is increasingly becoming vital.
- DAM space is currently in a period of growth, and vendors in the market are adopting strategic focus to attract customers. The emphasis is on offering a simple and sleek user experience. As a greater number of users are turning to DAM to simplify their own asset-creation process, software providers need to answer the need for easy-to-use, intuitive solutions. For instance, in April 2021, Adobe launched a new, simplified DAM Adobe Experience Manager Assets Essentials, offering teams with an easier-to-use management experience in the Adobe Experience Cloud, than Adobe’s current enterprise-centric asset management tool can offer.
- Moreover, high-end systems offer a high degree of customization and services so that the DAM solution can be wrapped around the customer’s existing processes and procedures in all sorts of ways not available “off-the-shelf.” Therefore, they are more complicated and higher priced.
Scope of the Report
The deployment of digital asset management is helping companies to develop solutions, wherein they can retrieve their digital assets faster and lay a foundation for targeted access across the teams and channels. The adoption of these solutions may further increase, due to the breaking down of the media enterprise into silos of data. The study characterizes digital asset management based on the deployment, organization size that includes SMEs and large enterprises, and end-user industry. The scope of the study is currently focused on key regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific in addition to Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. The report study offers market sizing and forecasts along with qualitative analysis are offered for deployment, organization size, end-user, and geography.
|By Organization Size|
|SMEs (Small and Medium Enterprises)|
|By End User|
|Media and Entertainment|
|Other End Users|
Key Market Trends
Cloud Deployment is Expected to Drive the Digital Asset Management Market
- Cloud Digital Asset Management(DAM) democratizes digital media management and delivery across an enterprise. Cloud DAM also promises to reduce the cost of operations and increase productivity while providing a single source of truth to maintain brand identity.
- Cloud DAM affects front-end experiences, as well. For example, Bynder introduced its integration with Hootsuite Inc., a widely used social media management platform running in the cloud. The integration connects Hootsuite dashboards with digital assets sourced from Bynder, enabling social media marketers to easily access creative content without the need to download, resize, and reupload individual files.
- With the increasing adoption of various technologies like Artificial Intelligence and Big Data Analytics, cloud-based DAMs are widely used. DAM is making use of Artificial Intelligence(AI) technology to scan content and create metadata tags. The AI use cases for DAM include optical character recognition, speech recognition, and facial recognition.
- Additionally, Increasing demand for storage comes from the rapid increase in the amount of data generated. Artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning capabilities enable data to be more quickly collected, processed, analyzed, and the migration of business data and applications to multiple public-private clouds.
- Various companies, such as Cognizant Technology Solutions, MediaBeacon, Bynder, are into cloud-based digital asset management and helping the market grow rapidly, as most end-users are looking for cloud-based solutions.
- Further, Companies are gradually moving from on-premises to SaaS-based solutions, which offer mobile accessibility and other intuitive services. By targeting companies of all sizes, the affordability of the model caters to exhaustive digital asset needs. Moreover, these solutions usually offer low-cost options and rapid deployment of services.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific to Witness the Fastest Growth Rate Over the Forecast Period
- India is considered a very demanding country to manage for the entertainment and media providers due to complexities related to the content, language, and other regional requirements. Owing to this, digital asset management was widely adopted to cater to such complexities.
- DAM platforms in 2020 are still developing and even at a much early stage in China. Although DAM solutions were bare in the region in 2018, some content management services popped up in 2019. However, they mainly provided some content editing functions alone while also offering some creative marketing materials.
- In 2020, TEZIGN became the first local DAM company, delivering AI-assisted content management functions for digital assets. Compared to Baidu Netdisk, which offers cloud storage without finding and setting document accessibility freely, TEZIGN provides a centralized resource library and incorporated project workflow information assisted with AI searchability.
- Japan is the ideal country in this region for digital asset management solutions, as 99.7% of industries fall under the small and medium enterprise segment, as reported by the Small and Medium Enterprise Agency of Japan. Furthermore, due to their budgetary requirements and low IT infrastructure, SMEs have preferred low to medium-cost solutions, like digital access management software, over ERP solutions. For instance, In March 2021, NRI announced an investment in collaboration with Komainu Holdings Limited, a digital asset management service provider. The partnership enables NRI and Komainu to combine their technologies to expand their offerings into the digital asset market in the region.
- Further, The BFSI sector has witnessed increased adoption of DAM tech to store and manage wealth across countries. In May 2021, Asia Digital Bank Ltd (ADB), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Chinese state-owned Asia Pacific Investment Bank (APIB), announced plans to construct a self-financing servicing ecosystem through industrial alliances. Huobi Asset Management became the second fund manager to receive approval from the Securities and Futures Commission to issue 100% virtual asset funds.
- Asia-Pacific region is becoming one of the fastest-growing regions for the digital asset management industry. As global brands expand their reach into the Asia Pacific and increase their investments into visual content strategies, DAM is emerging as the solution to help them tackle common difficulties that arise when dealing with global teams, new expansion regions, and an influx in content.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The major players in the digital asset management market are Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp, Oracle Corporation, CELUM GmbH, Adobe Systems Incorporated, Cloudinary Ltd, and IBM Corporation, among others. They have adopted different strategies such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, joint ventures, acquisitions, partnerships, and others to expand their footprints in this market.
- May 2021 - Frontify, a Swiss MarTech business, formed a strategic agreement with Celum, which includes a comprehensive integration of both systems. This integration will significantly increase the scope and performance of the Celum cloud platform, providing customers with more brand management features.
- April 2021 - Adobe launched Adobe Experience Manager Assets Essentials to facilitate cross-team collaboration. Assets Essentials is a lightweight version of Adobe Experience Manager Assets that simplifies digital asset storage, discovery, and distribution across marketing and creative professional teams. Assets Essentials will be the default asset management experience across all Experience Cloud apps.
- March 2021 - Cloudinary Ltd launched the Cloudinary Media Optimizer, a new product that automates images and video optimization and delivers in the format and quality suited for each end-user device, browser, and connection speed.
- January 2021 - Cognizant acquired Magenic Technologies, strengthening its digital engineering capabilities. Magnetic Technologies is a privately held custom software development services company. This acquisition will broaden Cognizant's global software product engineering network, adding hundreds of engineers in the United States and the Philippines.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHT
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.2.5 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3 Impact of COVID-19 on the market
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Increase in the Number of Digital Assets
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 Lack of Awareness and Higher Costs of the Solutions
5.3 Key Product Features
5.3.1 Video Management
5.3.2 Creative Tool Integration
5.3.3 Asset Analytics
5.3.4 Web Content Integration
5.3.5 Brand Portals
5.3.6 Asset and Metadata Archiving
5.3.7 Lifecycle and Rights Management
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Deployment
6.1.2 Cloud (SaaS)
6.2 By Organization Size
6.2.1 SMEs (Small and Medium Enterprises)
6.2.2 Large Enterprises
6.3 By End User
6.3.1 Media and Entertainment
6.3.7 Other End Users
6.4 By Geography
6.4.1 North America
126.96.36.199 United States
188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
6.4.3 Asia Pacific
220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia Pacific
6.4.4 Rest of the World
18.104.22.168 Latin America
22.214.171.124 Middle East and Africa
7. COMPETITIVE INTELLIGENCE
*List Not Exhaustive
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Adobe Systems Incorporated (Adobe Experience Manager Assets)
7.1.2 Canto Inc. (Canto Digital Asset Management)
7.1.3 CELUM GmbH (CELUM Digital Asset Management)
7.1.4 Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp. (assetServ)
7.1.5 Oracle Corporation (Oracle WebCenter Content)
7.1.6 Cloudinary Ltd (Digital Asset Management)
7.1.7 OpenText Corporation (Media Management, MediaBin)
7.1.8 Aprimo LLC (ADAM Software)
7.1.9 Bynder(Webdam Inc.)
7.1.10 MediaBeacon Inc. (R3volution)
7.1.11 IBM Corporation
7.1.12 Nuxeo (Nuxeo Platform)
7.1.13 Widen (Digital Asset Management)
7.1.14 Extensis (Celartem Inc.)
7.1.15 Digizuite A/S
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. MARKET OUTLOOK
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Digital Asset Management Market market is studied from 2018 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of Digital Asset Management Market?
The Digital Asset Management Market is growing at a CAGR of 18.46% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Digital Asset Management Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Digital Asset Management Market?
North America holds highest share in 2020.
Who are the key players in Digital Asset Management Market?
Adobe Systems Incorporated, Canto Inc., CELUM GmbH, Cognizent Technology Solutions Corp., Oracle Corporation are the major companies operating in Digital Asset Management Market.