Unified Communications & Collaboration Market Size
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
Unified Communications & Collaboration Market Analysis
The unified communications and collaboration market is expected to register a CAGR of over 27.8% over the forecast period 2022 - 2027. The unified communications and collaboration market has historically revolved around individual products. In the past, companies chose individual products to meet particular needs. For example, organizations bought email servers for messaging, team rooms for teamwork, portals for organizational information sharing, and PBX and voicemail for telephony services. Now, customers are making strategic technology decisions to deploy unified communications and collaboration environments based on the capability, richness, and integration of the entire collaboration stack.
- Unified communication, since its launch, has emerged as a cost-effective solution for organizations across various industries, such as BFSI, healthcare, and retail, among others. However, the cloud delivery of the unified communications offered by companies like Mitel Networks Corporation and IBM, shapes how organizations manage their communication networks.
- Companies that choose collaboration and communication products often do so based on the platform's future direction. Selecting the right platform helps companies reduce IT costs, management overhead, and integration challenges. Moreover, taking a holistic platform approach substantially benefits end-user training, end-user adoption, and business value.
- The growing need for easily maintained network systems that can enable effective communications across multiple end-user industries, including healthcare, retail, and manufacturing, is evident, considering the old/obsolete contact centers.
- The advent of cost-effective cloud-based solutions has increased healthcare providers’ adoption, often categorized as having minimum IT budgets. With the subscription-based united communication services in place, the healthcare contact centers establish their PBX (Private Branch Exchange) systems and seamlessly addressmultiple customer requests from various sites.
- For consumers, mobile-first solutions where the communication is enabled through chat, audio, and video call through the same device can address all the customer queries. Therefore, these solutions aim to enhance customer service assistance, merchandise inquiries, and self-service. Employees also benefit from deploying virtual training and merchandise management tools.
- Remote work mandates caused by COVID-19 are creating an unprecedented opportunity for service providers to promote software-based communications as a key enabler of business continuity and demonstrate the flexibility of unified communications as a service (UCaaS) and cloud services in terms of capacity adjustments and services delivery (irrespective of location). This trend is expected to support market growth.
Unified Communications & Collaboration Industry Segmentation
Unified Communications encompasses a wide array of solutions and tools that a business needs to effectively communicate and collaborate, combined within one single unified application. UC&C integrates communication tools such as IP Telephony Calling, Instant Messaging, Voice, Web Conferencing, Audio Conferencing, and Video Conferencing, among others, to interact together in a virtually seamless way.
|By Deployment Type|
|Business VOIP/UC Solutions|
|Contact Center Services|
|Customer Interaction Applications|
|By End-User Industry|
|Others End User Industries (Logistics, IT & Telecom, Etc.)|
|Rest of the World (Latin America and Middle East & Africa)|
Unified Communications & Collaboration Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Unified Communications & Collaboration Market according to our research experts:
Growing Adoption of UC&C Solutions in Retail Driving the Market's Growth
- Retailers are adopting cloud computing technologies to boost their sales, analyze customer information, and improve the user experience by reducing cost and improving network performance. For example, unified communications as a service (UCaaS) for voice and other collaborative tools, Wi-Fi-enabled Network as a Service (NaaS) for centralized data services across stores, and Software Defined-Wide Area Network (SD-WAN) are enhancing the retailer benefits.
- RFID technology continues to grow in the retail sector. RFID provides a natural synergistic effect as a proximity technology. It has been extensively tested as a customer self-service tool for pricing and inventory management in checkout lines. RFID is also expected to be used as a device recognition and authentication mechanism for future mobile and handheld devices, like recognizing the incoming customers to the store and providing customized experiences based on their likes. The impact of a customer experience of that scale can only be leveraged with information. Unified communications technologies are the locus of the retail operation, integrating customer, sales, and inventory operations into one single telephone, computer, or POS system.
- The rapidly changing customer purchasing trends have resulted in a dynamic shift in the retail industry from the earlier single point of interaction to omnichannel interactions through the web or social media. The increasing demand from consumers has created the need for an enhanced shopping and service experience across all the channels, which caters to the requirement of innovative communication tools that automate customer service and retail business operations.
- Apparel retail e-commerce sites, can switch to a hybrid cloud model for many operations to ensure seamless work operations in their businesses. Public cloud resources could be utilized for processing orders and managing the scalability features of the resources. Whereas the private cloud model could be used to work on the legal regulations, including crucial data, such as payment information of customers, that need strict governance.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Europe Occupy Significant Market Share
- The UK carriers’ efforts to discontinue the integrated services digital network services are driving the carrier and customer migration to Internet protocol connectivity services. This huge shift is driving the adoption of next-generation business communication solutions, such as hosted private branch exchange (PBX) and UCaaS solutions.
- In February 2022, Vodafone Business and RingCentral, cloud communications, video meetings, collaboration, and contact center solutions provider announced Vodafone Business UC with RingCentral. This communications platform combines RingCentral Message Video Phone (MVP) with Vodafone's mobility and 5G capabilities. Vodafone Business UC with RingCentral will be launched in the United Kingdom, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, and Sweden. The market is also witnessing partnerships, which is helping to increase awareness of the solutions.
- Companies in the market studied are also indulging in multiple strategic activities to stay relevant in the industry. For instance, in October 2021, Lumen Technologies and Cisco announced that they are expanding the partnership to include a new offering: Lumen Solutions for Cisco Unified Communications Manager Cloud (UCMC). This product pairs Cisco's cloud-based collaboration services with Lumen's global fiber network
- The European Commission has begun taking more decisive steps toward secure, encrypted communications. Staff members for the EU Commission need a secure messaging tool for unified communication to ensure greater mobility with collaboration, centralize information, and boost overall efficiency. This offers an opportunity for companies to roll out innovative products.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Unified Communications & Collaboration Industry Overview
The unified communications and collaboration market witnessed rapid innovation, industry consolidation, and a shift toward team and workstream collaboration. In recent years, the need to have a full UC&C platform caused many vendors to consolidate because the fastest way to accomplish this was to acquire the customer base. The key players operating in the market focus on new product development strategies to strengthen their product portfolio and increase customer acquisition. Some of the recent developments in the market are:
- In December 2021 -Yeastar, a provider of unified communications solutions and a pioneer in the digital workplace, announced a new distribution agreement with Alliance-Com, the French market player in telecom distribution and business networks. This agreement highlights both firms' commitment to providing more comprehensive UC&C solutions, including robust UCaaS options for SMEs. The partnership allows French clients to use the dual benefits of Yeastar's top-notch portfolio and Alliance-professional Com's services, removing barriers to a connected and collaborative workplace. It also gives the VoIP communication business in France a lot of traction.
- In January 2022 - Nuvias UC, a pan-European distributor, purchased German unified communications distributor Alliance Technologies. Nuvias UC's channel reach will be expanded across the DACH (Germany, Austria, and Switzerland) region. All-IP services, PBX to Teams or Zoom migration, UC equipment for individual workspaces, home working and conference rooms, certified Zoom Phone integration, and Microsoft Azure cloud services are Alliance Technologies' specialties.
Unified Communications & Collaboration Market Leaders
Cisco Systems Inc.
Verizon Communications Inc.
Mitel Networks Corporation
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Unified Communications & Collaboration Market News
- In February 2022, RingCentral Inc., a provider of global enterprise cloud communications, video meetings, collaboration, and contact center solutions, and Deutsche Telekom, announced that their partnership would be expanded to offer customers 'RingCentral X powered by Telekom,' end-to-end communication and collaboration solution. RingCentral X powered by Telekom will be accessible to all Deutsche Telekom business clients in Germany by the end of Q1'22 and features RingCentral Message Video Phone (MVP). RingCentral X, powered by Telekom, combines RingCentral's team messaging, video meetings, and cloud phone system for customers of all sizes, allowing them to work from anywhere.
- In February 2022, Fnac Darty, a French retailer, announced a new partnership with Google to improve its online offerings. Fnac Darty's websites will now employ Google's Cloud Retail Search, a tool meant to make it easier for customers to find products. Fnac Darty is one of the retailers in France to use this innovative Google Cloud service to set new benchmarks for online and mobile shopping.
Unified Communications & Collaboration Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Emergence of Pay-as-you-go Model Driving the Demand over Legacy UC Solutions
4.2.2 Changing Workforce Dynamics Leading to the Emergence of New Forms of Enterprise Collaboration
4.2.3 Growing Demand from SME’s Expected to Drive Adoption
4.3 Market Challenges
4.3.1 Management and Integration Challenges Remain a Concern for Traditional UC
4.4 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.5 Assessment of COVID-19 on the Industry
5. TECHNOLOGY OVERVIEW
5.1 Evolution of UC&C
5.2 Cost Comparison of Various UC&C Offerings
5.3 Emerging Case Studies – Contextual Collaborations, Enterprise Social Networking and Other Internal Communication Tools
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Deployment Type
6.1.2 Cloud (UCaaS)
6.2 By Type
6.2.1 Business VOIP/UC Solutions
6.2.2 Enterprise Collaboration
6.2.3 Contact Center Services
6.2.4 Customer Interaction Applications
6.2.5 Other Types
6.3 By End-User Industry
6.3.4 Public Sector
6.3.5 Others End User Industries (Logistics, IT & Telecom, Etc.)
6.4.1 North America
6.4.3 Asia Pacific
6.4.4 Rest of the World (Latin America and Middle East & Africa)
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Cisco Systems Inc.
7.1.2 Polycom Inc. (Plantronics)
7.1.3 Avaya Inc.
7.1.4 NEC Corporation
7.1.5 RingCentral Inc.
7.1.6 Mitel Network Communications
7.1.7 Verizon Communications Inc.
7.1.8 AT&T Inc.
7.1.10 8x8 Inc
7.1.11 Zoom Video Communications Inc.
7.1.12 3CX Ltd
- *List Not Exhaustive
8. INVESTMENT LANDSCAPE
9. MARKET OUTLOOK
Unified Communications & Collaboration Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Unified Communications and Collaboration Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Unified Communications and Collaboration Market?
The Unified Communications and Collaboration Market is growing at a CAGR of 27.8% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Unified Communications and Collaboration Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2018 - 2028.
Which region has largest share in Unified Communications and Collaboration Market?
North America holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Unified Communications and Collaboration Market?
Avaya Inc., Cisco Systems Inc., RingCentral Inc., Verizon Communications Inc., Mitel Networks Corporation are the major companies operating in Unified Communications and Collaboration Market.
Unified Communications and Collaboration Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Unified Communications and Collaboration market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Unified Communications and Collaboration analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.