Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Asia Pacific Baby Food Packaging Market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.48% over the forecast period (2021 - 2026). The Covid-19 pandemic had a positive effect on the baby food packaging industry, as people tried to store baby food during the lockdown in the Asia Pacific region. Moreover, due to a large number of deaths (especially of new moms), the demand for baby food grew exponentially. The companies have started to meet the demand and rebalance the sustainability goals that normalize e-commerce, incorporate hygiene, redefine sustainability.
- The Asia Pacific is one of the most developed regions across the world; it is witnessing rapid urbanization leading to increased disposable income and adoption of modern lifestyle. These factors have led to an increase in the expenditure on baby food products.
- The high urbanization, growing population, increasing consumer awareness, rising disposable income, and an increasing number of women in the workforce are driving the growth of the market studied. According to the World Bank, the degree of urbanization in India rose to 34.93% in 2020 from 33.6% in 2017.
- Baby Food Packaging can be described as a coordinated system of preparing goods for transport, logistics, warehousing, use, or sale. Packaging contains, protects, preserves, transports, informs and sells.
- Another factor boosting the need for packaging solutions is the innovations by baby food manufacturers to meet the consumer's various needs. This has led the companies to create green, innovative, and recyclable products to replace normal packaging.
- Moreover, owing to some of the factors, like safe, reusable, hygienic, lightweight, and easy to carry, the stand-up pouches and thin wall containers are witnessing high demand. Thus, this is driving the market.
Scope of the report
Baby food packaging products are specially designed for packaging food material for infants and toddlers. A wide variety of packaging materials, such as glass jars, plastic containers, metal cans, folding cartons, and other solutions, are used for packaging baby food products, including dried foods, prepared foods, and milk formula.
The scope of the study is currently focused on Asia Pacific Region. The study tracks the key market parameters, underlying growth influencers, and major vendors operating in the industry. The study also tracks the impact of COVID-19 on the overall Asia Pacific Baby Food Packaging Market and its performance. Detailed estimates for the next five years are included, along with the study of the major players and their strategies.
|By Package Type|
|Other Packaging Type|
|Liquid Milk Formula|
|Dried Baby Food|
|Powder Milk Formula|
|Prepared Baby Food|
|South East Asia|
|Rest of Asia Pacific|
Key Market Trends
Plastic Pouches to occupy Major Share
- Pouches and bags are being predominantly deployed in the baby food industry, which serves many baby food products like powdered baby foods, liquid baby food, instant formula, baby cereals, dried baby food, etc., as they are one of the most cost-effective options. These are made either with several layers of aluminum, plastic, paper, or similar food-grade materials.
- Flexible packaging incorporating pouches uses fewer materials and energy to manufacture. When compared to glass bottles, the STANDCAP Pouch saves 62% on fossil fuels, 75% on greenhouse gas emissions, and 80% on water, according to Glenroy. The pouch also has a one-of-a-kind closure technology that helps prevent food waste by allowing for regulated dispensing and even product distribution, resulting in 99% product evacuation. Flexible packaging is facilitating firms to take an eco-friendlier strategy, resulting in less product and packaging waste.
- Furthermore, pouch films, also known as stand-up bags, are being widely used in the baby food packaging market. These bags are tough and durable, protecting the contents from physical and environmental risks while being transported from one area to another. Apart from these uses, one of the main reasons for their popularity is that they are quite inexpensive in comparison to their counterparts.
- Bags are being used for packaging across various applications baby food, pet food, health food, tea and coffee, and juice, among others. Bags offer a variety of benefits, including environmentally friendly, easily transported, bio-degradable, food waste reduction, and customizable, which is further propelling the growth of the market.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
China to Hold the Largest Market Share
- In the Asia Pacific region, China is expected to have the highest share in the baby food packaging market, followed by Japan and India. The increasing awareness of consumers regarding the nutritional benefits of packaged baby food products is expected to drive the growth of the market.
- The food packaging boom in the country has compelled the packaging companies and resellers to explore sustainable packaging alternatives, including recycled plastics, among others. Such initiatives are likely to boost the baby food packaging market growth in the coming years.
- China is one of the major economies in the Asia Pacific Region. Growing disposable income in Asian countries has led to rising in the affordability of baby food products, which has resulted in improved quality food from an infant stage. The growth of the baby food/formula market is also being driven by the increasing number of migrants settling for employment purposes.
- Therefore, the number of women working outside the homes both in the high and low-income areas has also risen. Since working mothers return to their jobs shortly after giving birth, prepared baby foods and formulas, which can be instantly provided to the children, this is the main reason of the Asia Pacific Baby Food Packaging Market to grow as packaged products makes carrying and transportation convenient.
- In March 2021, JD Farm and Amcor collaborated to launch NFC-enabled flexible packaging. The NFC-enabled baby food packaging developed in collaboration with JD Farm leverages industry-leading technology to provide consumers with information on the quality, safety, and origin of JD Farm's products.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The baby food packaging market is moderately fragmented, owing to the presence of many domestic and international players. The market is competitive with the players competing in terms of price, product design, product innovation, etc. Some of the major players in the market are Amcor, AptarGroup, Bemis, Mondi Group, Rexam, RPC Group, Winpak, among others.
- February 2021 - Baby food brand Funch launched its Tmall Global store to sell directly to Chinese consumers. The company partnered with marketing company Yaru Ventures to manage Funch’s entry into China and Southeast Asian markets. The latest product ranges from Funch are individual puree packs and wholegrain infant cereals. The BPA-free packaging features illustrations of Australian flora and fauna, with all fruits and grains sourced from Australia.
- September 2021, Uflex has partnered with Mespack, manufacturer of flexible packaging, end-of-line, and soluble pods equipment, and Hoffer Plastics, manufacturer of custom injection molded parts, to develop 100 percent recyclable mono-polymer hot-fill pouches majorly used for packing edible products such as baby food.
- October 2021, Chemco became the first company to achieve BIS certification for its baby feeding bottle nipples/teats. The company is also a part of various international organizations like WBT that ensure the highest standards worldwide, protecting precious infants and babies. Leading clients of the company such as P&G, Dabur, Unilever, and Danone will benefit from the same.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Assessment of Impact of COVID-19 on the Industry
4.3 Market Drivers
4.3.1 Growing Demand of Packaged Baby Food and Infant Formula
4.3.2 Increasing Working Women in Urban Areas residing Population
4.4 Market Restraints
4.4.1 Stringent Government Regulations over Single-Use Plastic-based Packaging
4.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.6 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.6.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.6.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.6.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Material
5.2 By Package Type
5.2.2 Metal Cans
5.2.6 Other Packaging Type
5.3 By Product
5.3.1 Liquid Milk Formula
5.3.2 Dried Baby Food
5.3.3 Powder Milk Formula
5.3.4 Prepared Baby Food
5.4 By Country
5.4.4 South Korea
5.4.5 South East Asia
5.4.6 Rest of Asia Pacific
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Amcor Ltd.
6.1.2 Sonoco Products Company
6.1.3 Mondi Group
6.1.4 Berry Global Inc.
6.1.5 Rexam PLC
6.1.6 Winpak Ltd.
6.1.8 Uflex Ltd.
6.1.9 Hindustan National Glass
6.1.10 Constantia Flexibles
6.1.11 Tetra Laval
6.1.12 DS Smith Plc
6.1.13 Ball Corporation
7. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The APAC Baby Food Packaging Market market is studied from 2019 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of APAC Baby Food Packaging Market?
The APAC Baby Food Packaging Market is growing at a CAGR of 7.48% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in APAC Baby Food Packaging Market?
Amcor, Winpak, Mondi Group, Rexam PLC, Bemis are the major companies operating in APAC Baby Food Packaging Market.