APAC Automotive Parts & Components Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Forecast Data Period||2023 - 2028|
|Historical Data Period||2018 - 2021|
|CAGR||> 5.00 %|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
APAC Automotive Parts & Components Market Analysis
The Asia-Pacific automotive parts and components market was valued at USD 55.35 billion in 2021, and it is expected to reach USD 76.17 billion by 2027, registering a CAGR of above 5% during the forecast period (2022 - 2027).
The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the automotive industry was significant, especially during the initial days of the pandemic, as many suppliers and parts manufacturers upstream or downstream experienced initial regulatory shocks owing to lockdowns. However, as restrictions eased, key players operating across this region started adopting several growth strategies, which were likely to create market momentum during the forecast period.
Strong demand for automotive components and accessories for repair and maintenance is expected to drive the overall Asia Pacific automotive aftermarket revenue. Moreover, with e-commerce penetration, several parts and component manufacturers are investing in online platforms and using Amazon, eBay, etc., to capture the online consumers' market.
The Do-It-Yourself (DIY) is one of the emerging segments due to its cost-effective products and increasing consumer passion for automobiles. The participation of different industry players in offering innovative and easy-to-use repair kits is expected to support the enhancement of the market. However, replicas and cheap alternatives from chinese companies are likely to act as a challenge during the forecast period.
India, China, and Japan are expected to play a major role in the market studied during the forecast period. These regions act as hubs for some of the largest automotive manufacturers and accommodate growing vehicle production and penetration of new vehicles over the forecast period.
APAC Automotive Parts & Components Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the APAC Automotive Parts & Components Market according to our research experts:
Rising Adoption of Electric Vehicles to Enhance the Demand in the Market
Domestic OEMs currently dominate the Chinese EV market with a sales share of around 94%. China imposed a quota on manufacturers for 100% electric or hybrid vehicles, which must represent at least 10% of total new sales. Additionally, major economies like India, Japan, and South Korea also focus on imposing stringent restrictions to improve EV adoption. So, the growing demand for efficient powertrain systems in vehicles and favorable government policies are anticipated to offer new opportunities for players operating in the market. For instance,
· India's Automotive Mission Plan FAME-II emphasizes providing government support to the country's growing automotive and components manufacturing industry. Over the past few years, the automotive parts and accessories manufacturing industry has gone through a comprehensive remodeling, leading to the advent of a highly competitive industry.
Besides that, manufacturers in the country are geared to limit their current GHG emission levels by optimizing their powertrain system design and focusing on the lightweight and reduced size of powertrain systems with better performance results. So, players in the market are focusing on offering innovative solutions and are expanding their manufacturing facilities to consumers to capture the growing market share. For instance,
· In February 2022, Tesla planned to build a second electric vehicle (EV) facility in China to help it keep up with increasing demand locally and in export markets. In the short term, Tesla plans to increase capacity in China to at least 1 million cars per year, with a second plant planned near its present production in Shanghai's Lingangfree trade zone.
· In January 2022, Honda's Chinese joint venture with Dongfengannounced that it would develop an electric-vehicle manufacturing factory in Wuhan as it seeks to expand its EV output. The Dongfeng-Honda Automobile facility will open in 2024 with a production capacity of 120,000 units per year.
· In May 2022, Toyota Group revealed plans to invest INR 48 billion (USD 624 million) in India to manufacture electric vehicle components.
· In March 2022, Suzuki Motor, the parent company of Maruti Suzuki, announced that it would spend INR 10,440 crore in India to develop a new electric car and battery facility.
Similarly, the uptake of new technologies and innovations in engines, such as hybrid engines, is expected to gain significantly during the forecast period, which is expected to drive demand in the market.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
India Expected to Play Significant Role in Development of Market
Asia-Pacific continues to dominate the market, and the manufacturers in this region offer high-cost reductions, owing to the availability of low-cost labor and raw materials. Furthermore, the area comprises China and India, which account for approximately 34% of the total vehicle production. The increasing popularity of active braking systems boosts the sales of luxury and premium vehicles. The increased growth, with commercial and government investments, as well as FDI involvement, is expected to drive the market growth during the forecast period.
In the manufacturing sectors of emerging economies, such as India, limited R&D expenditures and smaller capabilities led to regional players compromising product quality. The problem is compounded when the price is often the primary priority for most customers, and product quality and reliability only come following the price. However, an increasing emphasis on low-quality coating products, particularly in certain end-user segments (such as automotive OEMs), is becoming outdated.
With the presence of luxury carmakers, such as Audi, BMW, and Mercedes, customer preferences have changed to vehicles with luxurious and advanced features. The new trend of giving importance to eco-friendly cars will propel the automotive parts and components market.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
APAC Automotive Parts & Components Industry Overview
The automotive industry in the Asia-Pacific region is a highly fragmented and competitive market due to the presence of several manufacturers in the market. Growing regional demand has encouraged several foreign automotive OEMs and component manufacturers to establish their presence in the region.
Along with major automakers, the tier-1 and tier-2 component manufacturers, including Bosch GmbH, Continental, ThyssenKrupp, ZF TRW, Magneti Marelli, and Delphi, have also started their operations in the region. Along with major players, several local players are also adopting mergers, acquisitions, and joint ventures to enhance their market share. For instance,
· In January 2020, component maker Tata Autocomp Systems entered a joint venture with Chinese supplier Prestolite Electric Beijing to design, engineer, manufacture, and supply powertrain solutions for the Indian electric vehicle market.
· In May 2020, Maruti Suzuki India Ltd announced the acquisition of Japan’s Sumitomo Corporation’s stake in their joint venture JJ Impex (Delhi) Pvt. Ltd, a company engaged in automobile service and repair to expand its portfolio.
APAC Automotive Parts & Components Market Leaders
HELLA GmbH & Co. KGaA
ZF Friedrichshafen AG
Robert Bosch GmbH
Magneti Marelli S.p.A
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
APAC Automotive Parts & Components Market News
· In January 2022, Continental Opened a Sales and Hose Line Competence Center for Powertrain Technology in Japan. By strengthening its presence in Japan, the technology company hopes to work more closely with local powertrain technology leaders and play an active role in transforming mobility as part of Japan's Hydrogen Society strategy.
· In September 2021, Valeo announced its plans to acquire Siemens' stake in their 5-year-old electric-car components venture to bolster its position in the rapidly expanding EV market. Valeo said to buy the 50 percent holding for 277 million euros (USD 317 million). The deal will raise the French company's net debt by 741 million euros.
· In July 2021, Marelli Automotive Lightingand Samvardhana Motherson Automotive Systems Group signed an MOU to explore a new technological partnership focused on Smart illuminated exterior body parts. This move intends to focus on components such as front grills, bumpers, and other car parts that can be illuminated. These components are expected to become a growing trend in the future of mobility, with the increased adoption of Advanced Driver-Assistance Systems (ADAS) and Autonomous Driving (AD) in the coming years.
· In February 2021, HELLA sold shares in the joint venture Mando HELLA Electronics to partner with Mando to intensify direct business with customers by establishing a network on a global basis.
APAC Automotive Parts & Components Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Drivers
4.2 Market Restraints
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.1 Driveline and Powertrain
5.1.2 Interiors and Exteriors
5.1.4 Bodies and Chassis
5.1.5 Wheel and Tires
5.1.6 Other Types
5.2.1 Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs)
5.3.4 South Korea
5.3.5 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Vendor Market Share
6.2 Company Profiles*
6.2.1 DENSO Corporation
6.2.2 Robert Bosch GmbH
6.2.3 Hella KGaA Hueck & Co.
6.2.4 Nidec Corporation
6.2.5 ZF Friedrichshafen AG
6.2.6 Aisin Seiki Co. Ltd
6.2.7 Magneti Marelli SpA
6.2.8 Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
6.2.9 Continental AG
6.2.10 Delphi Automotive
6.2.11 Valeo Group
6.2.12 Mahle Group
6.2.13 Magna International Inc.
6.2.14 Faurecia SA
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
APAC Automotive Parts & Components Market Research FAQs
What is the current Asia-Pacific Automotive Parts and Components Market size?
The Asia-Pacific Automotive Parts and Components Market is projected to register a CAGR of greater than 5% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
Who are the key players in Asia-Pacific Automotive Parts and Components Market?
HELLA GmbH & Co. KGaA, DENSO Corporation, ZF Friedrichshafen AG, Robert Bosch GmbH and Magneti Marelli S.p.A are the major companies operating in the Asia-Pacific Automotive Parts and Components Market.
Asia-Pacific Automotive Parts and Components Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Asia-Pacific Automotive Parts and Components market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Asia-Pacific Automotive Parts and Components analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.