The Asia-Pacific agricultural enzymes industry is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.3% over 2017-2022. Agricultural enzymes are catalysts that prompt chemical reactions to release nutrients, that might otherwise remain chemically bound, which detoxify the soil. Recognizing the importance of these, farmers around the region have been extensively using them and the market for agricultural enzymes is rapidly growing.
The mounting need for agricultural produce owing to high population growth and increasing processed food demand, amplified focus on agriculture biotechnology, and awareness on environment-friendly agriculture practices are driving the regional agricultural enzymes market. Most of the application requirement comes from crop processing and animal feed additives manufacturing industries. The cost-effective production and application of enzymes are pivotal for growth, in the price sensitive markets of Asia-Pacific. Increasing effort, investment in research and adoption of various modern farming practices are opportunities here. High R&D costs and unclear regulations may create obstacles.
On the basis of product types, the market is segmented into carbohydrases, proteases, lipases, polymerases and nucleases; carbohydrases is the most popular with varied applications, followed by proteases and lipases. The application is by crop protection, fertility and growth enhancing products. Enzyme-based pesticides and fertilizers help farmers to enjoy healthier crops and higher yields; direct application into the field acts as agriculture input enhancers. Crop type application includes cereals, grains, fruits, vegetables, oilseeds, and pulses.
Asia-Pacific is the fastest growing region for agricultural enzymes demand in the world. The region’s market is led by China and India. Countries like Thailand and Vietnam would grow positively over the forecast period showing future growth opportunities for the region.
Key Industry Players
Many North American players are actively involved in the agricultural enzymes market of Asia-Pacific as a strategic move to acquire smaller, regional players in order to capture the regional markets with customer specific approach and product lines.
Some of the major players active in the regional market are:
- Bioworks Inc.
- Guangdong VTR Bio-Tech
- Novozymes A/S
- Syngenta AG
- Deepak Fertilizers and Petrochemicals Corporation Ltd.
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the Asia-Pacific agricultural enzymes market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on national and regional scales.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a national and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Asia-Pacific agricultural enzymes market on both national and regional scales.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- Wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights into the major countries/regions in which this industry is growing and identifying the regions still untapped.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Definition of the Market
1.3 Report Description
2. Key Findings of the Study
3. Market Overview
3.1.1 Popularity of Organic Food Consumption
3.1.2 Cost Efficient Application
3.1.3 Environmental and Health Consciousness among Consumers
3.2.1 Regulatory Constraints and Enzyme Safety
3.3.1 Rising Consumer Awareness
3.3.2 Adoption of Modern Farming Practices and Sustainability
3.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.4.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Type
4.1.4 Polymerases & Nucleases
4.2 By Application
4.2.1 Crop Protection
4.2.3 Plant Growth Regulation
4.3 By Crop Type
4.3.1 Grains & Cereals
4.3.2 Oil Seeds and Pulses
4.3.3 Fruits & Vegetables
4.4 By Geography
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Most Active Companies in the Past Five Years
5.5 Market Share Analysis
6. Company Profiles
6.1 Asahi Kasei Pharma
6.3 Adisseo France
6.4 Camson Bio Technologies Ltd.
6.5 Buckman Laboratories
6.6 Bioworks Inc.
6.7 Advanced Enzyme Technologies
6.8 Specialty Enzymes & Biotechnologies
6.10 Greenmax Agro Tech
6.11 Syngenta AG
6.12 Deepak Fertilizers and Petrochemicals Corporation Ltd.
6.14 MP Biomedicals
6.15 Agrinos Inc.
6.16 Novozymes A/S
6.17 Stoller Inc.
6.18 Chr. Hansen
6.19 Lonza Group
6.20 American Biosystems
6.21 Guangdong VTR Bio-Tech
6.22 Life Technologies
6.23 Roche Holding
6.24 Maps Enzymes
6.25 AB Enzymes
6.28 KDN Biotech
6.29 Sunson Industry Group
6.30 Aries Agro Ltd.