Fastest Growing Market:
The analog integrated circuit (IC) market is expected to register a CAGR of 5.5% during the forecast period of (2020 - 2025). Automated constraint checks enhance analog design reliability, which is a key trend in the growth of the market. Many layout-dependent and operational environment variation effects that reduce reliability are hard to predict. Analog designers use the best layout practices to mitigate variation impact, but verification can be time-consuming, difficult, and prone to error. Automated layout checks can quickly find and accurately correct the reliability issues, improving performance and product lifetime of the final product, reducing overall design time, and increasing designer productivity.
- Increasing adoption of IoT in various industries is incresing the demand for the analog IC design. Analog devices have a large portfolio of sensing, measuring, interpreting, connecting, and power management parts. A new wave of products, such as sensor-filled medical and scientific instrumentation, is growing. Thus, the space and thermal design constraints of these systems have necessitated a new class of power converters that can deliver the necessary performance metrics of small, compact, and thermally efficient footprints to power the internal circuits. Analog devices, such as the recently released LTM4661 step-up µModule regulator, elevates the power supply designer’s task, which is driving the market.
- Rising proliferation of smartphones, feature phones, and tablets is driving the market. Analog ICs are used in a wide range of applications, including third and fourth-generation (3G/4G) radio base stations and portable device batteries. RFICs (radio frequency ICs) are analog circuits that usually run in the frequency range of 3 kHz to 2.4 GHz (3,000 hertz to 2.4 billion hertz) circuits that would work at about 1 THz (1 trillion hertz). They are widely use in cellphones and wireless devices. As they are under development, the analog IC market in this segment is expected to grow.
Scope of the Report
The analog integrated circuit (IC) operates over an entire range of continuous values of the signal amplitude, which are used for various functions that require variable output signals for radio-frequency and audio-frequency amplifiers. The market is growing, as every digital consumer product, from appliances and cell phones to music players, has analog ICs feeding its digital heart, including other applications, such as automotive, military and government, etc.
| By Type |
| ||General-purpose IC |
| ||Application-specific IC |
| By End-user Vertical |
| ||Consumer Electronics |
| ||Automotive |
| ||Communication |
| ||Industrial |
| ||Military and Government |
| ||Other End-user Verticals |
| Geography |
| ||North America |
| ||Europe |
| ||Asia-Pacific |
| ||Latin America |
| ||Middle East & Africa |
Report scope can be customized per your requirements. Click here.
Key Market Trends
The Automotive Sector to Hold a Significant Share
- With the growth of autonomous vehicles, the demand for new chip design is growing. Analog circuits are needed on every chip to interface between the real world and the digital world. Application-specific analog IC sales for the autonomous vehicle are projected to grow in the future, as backup cameras, blind-spot detectors, and other systems are added to the vehicles.
- LIDAR is a key pillar of the analog devices holistic Drive360 autonomous driving solutions strategy. LIDAR utilizes pulses of light to translate the physical world into 3D digital images in real time with a high level of confidence, which facilitates the mainstream adoption of automotive LIDAR systems, which increases the growth of analog IC market.
- Texas Instruments introduced a series of single-chip millimeter-wave (80 GHz) sensor products, with a built-in standard CMOS, that offers to fulfill a range of distance-measurement-based sensing functions in autonomous cars. As the process is CMOS, it has also been able to integrate the complete analog front end with good signal processing and accurate detection over a spread of distances.
- Analog-integrated circuit signal processing with the automotive application is a device known as a “phase-locked loop” (PLL). This circuit can be used with certain analog (continuous time) sensors to provide an analog signal that can be further processed by a digital electronic signal system after it is sampled. Autonomous vehicles relying on light-based image sensors often struggle to see through blinding conditions, such as fog. PLL chip that locks the sub-terahertz frequency of all 32 local oscillation signals to a stable, low-frequency reference help to steer the driverless cars efficiently.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific to Hold the Largest Market Share
- Asia-Pacific accounted for the largest share of the market studied, owing to the presence of several established vendors of analog ICs and the established electronics industry in the region. The region has emerged as a major automotive hub, with a maximum market share in terms of vehicle production and sales, as China continues to account for a large and growing portion of new car shipments, which drives the analog IC market.
- The region is dominated by computer hardware and smartphones. With the growing demand for compact and light-weight electronic devices, such as wearables, the analog IC market is bound to show positive numbers in the long run. There has been a significant rise in the usage of fitness wearables, especially in the case of the population concerned about the fitness issues and other sportspersons. This rising trend of wearable devices is expected to drive the market in this region. Moreover, IoT devices are dependent on analog devices to collect the data used for the device’s operation, so the growth of analog ICs is projected to be robust over the forecast period in Asia-Pacific.
- NXP Semiconductors NV is moving into automotive radar by partnering with Hawkeye Technology Co., which is expected to cement its foothold in the Chinese market. This is expected to help in the development of imaging radar integrating with analog modulated for processing power. The collaboration is likely to open the door for the Dutch chipmaker to play a bigger role in China, where the growth rate of automotive radar is approximately twice than that of the rest of the world. This is expected to help in the growth of the analog IC market in the future.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report.
The analog integrated circuit (IC) market is highly fragmented. Manufacturers compete on the basis of product innovation and technology differentiation. Many companies are increasingly investing in developing analog ICs to gain the first-mover advantage and a competitive edge. The key players in the market are Analog Devices Inc., Global Mixed-mode Technology Inc., Infineon Technologies AG, etc. The recent developments in the market include:
- In May 2019, X-FAB Silicon Foundries SE announced the introduction of SubstrateXtractor, while continuing to drive innovation in analog/mixed-signal IC fabrication. SubstrateXtractor is set to dramatically reduce the number of design iterations required, leading to much lower engineering overheads. This is likely to result in a faster time to market, making a first-time-right analog design possible. SubstrateXtractor is expected to be integrated into X-FAB’s process design kit (PDK), and it is likely to be available for use with the company’s popular XH018 high voltage 0.18µm mixed-signal CMOS offering.
Table Of Contents
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Introduction to Market Drivers and Restraints
4.3 Market Drivers
4.3.1 Increasing Adoption of IoT in Various Industries
4.3.2 Rising Proliferation of Smartphones, Feature Phones, and Tablets
4.4 Market Restraints
4.4.1 Increasing Design Complexity of Analog ICs
4.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.6 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.6.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.6.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.6.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Type
5.1.1 General-purpose IC
5.1.2 Application-specific IC
5.2 By End-user Vertical
5.2.1 Consumer Electronics
5.2.5 Military and Government
5.2.6 Other End-user Verticals
5.3.1 North America
5.3.4 Latin America
5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Vendor Market Share
6.2 Company Profiles
6.2.1 Analog Devices Inc.
6.2.2 Global Mixed-mode Technology Inc.
6.2.3 Infineon Technologies AG
6.2.4 Maxim Integrated Products Inc.
6.2.5 Microchip Technology Inc.
6.2.6 NXP Semiconductors NV
6.2.7 Qualcomm Inc.
6.2.8 Richtek Technology Corporation
6.2.9 Skywork Solutions Inc.
6.2.10 STMicroelectronics NV
6.2.11 Taiwan Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
6.2.12 Texas Instruments Inc.
*List Not Exhaustive
7. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS