Analog Integrated Circuit (IC) Market Size
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||Asia Pacific|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
Analog Integrated Circuit (IC) Market Analysis
The Global Analog Integrated Circuit (IC) Market size was valued at USD 84.40 billion in 2022, and is expected to reach USD 129.40 billion by 2028, growing at a CAGR of 7.15% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
The rising proliferation of smartphones, feature phones, and tablets, along with the increasing adoption of advanced technologies like IoT, are among the key factors driving the market growth.
- An analog integrated circuit (IC) is a network of interconnected components manufactured over a single wafer of semiconducting material. These components work over a continuous range of input signals in contrast to their counterpart digital circuits having only two levels of input and output voltages.
- The rising penetration of smartphones, feature phones, and tablets is one of the primary factors driving the market's growth. For instance, as per BankMyCell, as of September 2022, smartphone users globally were 6.648 billion, translating to 83.04% of the global population owning a smartphone. In total, the number of people that own a smart and feature phone is 7.26 billion, making up 91.08% of the global population.
- The IC is designed to implement ENS62020, allowing watchmakers to customize products. Thus, such innovations are expected to drive the demand for interface IC in consumer electronics. On the other hand, data centers also drive the demand for Interface ICs.Analog integrated circuit (IC) design focuses on creating circuits that operate in and are optimized for continuous time-domain behavior. With all the basic devices in an IC responding to continuous time stimulus, analog design forms the foundation for all IC design.
- Analog integrated circuit (IC) design focuses on creating circuits that operate in and are optimized for continuous time-domain behavior. With all the basic devices in an IC responding to continuous time stimulus, analog design forms the foundation for all IC design.
- The COVID-19 pandemic had a significant impact on sales of consumer electronics. Many categories like computers and peripherals have benefited as consumers work from home, leading to more sales of these products. As such, the trend has accelerated the demand for analog integrated circuits.
Analog Integrated Circuit (IC) Industry Segmentation
An analog integrated circuit is dedicated to designing and applying analog, radio frequency (RF), mixed-signal integrated circuits (ICs), and signal processing circuits and systems. The market is growing, as every digital consumer product, from appliances and cell phones to music players, has analog ICs feeding its digital heart, including other applications, such as automotive, military, and government.
The market study comprises two types such as general-purpose IC and application-specific IC, providing end-user solutions for consumer electronics, automotive, communication, and industrial use. The study also tracks the key market parameters, underlying growth influencers, and major vendors operating in the industry, which supports the market estimations and growth rates over the forecast period. The study further analyzes the overall impact of COVID-19 on the ecosystem. The report's scope encompasses market sizing and forecast for segmentation by type and geography.
|Rest of the World|
Analog Integrated Circuit (IC) Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Analog Integrated Circuit (IC) Market according to our research experts:
Rising Penetration of Smartphones, Feature phones and Tablets Driving the Market Growth
- The growing investments in 5G networks have significantly increased data transfer speeds and resulted in high internet penetration. For instance, as per GSMA, by 2025, 5G networks will likely cover one-third of the global population. In the 5G wireless cellular networks, smartphone battery efficiency, and optimal power utilization have emerged as important factors contributing to the growth of analog ICs for power management.
- The COVID-19 pandemic also had a positive impact on tablet shipments in 2020. As the pandemic forced many people to stay indoors through most months of the year, it led to working and learning from home for many people, who looked forward to buying new devices to achieve the same.
- Analog ICs or linear ICs are often used as audio-frequency (AF) and radio-frequency (RF) amplifiers. The audio amplifier chip is a key component in the speaker system inside smartphones and tablets. The amplifier powers the speaker, moving the speaker driver back and forth to excite the air and produce sound. As such, the growing penetration of these devices may accelerate the demand for analog ICs.
- Mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets have two significant restrictions from the design standpoint: thermal dissipation and battery power supply. Thermal dissipation restricts the power consumption of AP (Application Processor), which limits computational performance. Battery usage time is also determined by the power consumption of the mobile device. Due to these reasons, power management to improve electric power usage efficiency is a crucial part of mobile product design. For efficient power management, power management ICs (PMICs) are used. Many PMICs often incorporate analog IC components.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
China is Expected to be the Fastest Growing Market in the Asia Pacific Region
- China is among the leading countries producing semiconductors and related devices and consumption. The government has witnessed a boom in the electronics industry, especially since the infamous trade dispute with the United States. Although the local analog IC design and manufacturing houses are still behind their international counterparts, the favorable industry regulations and increased focus of various industry stakeholders are expected to facilitate the industry's growth.
- The automotive industry is among the leading demand drivers for analog ICs; the rapid growth of the new energy vehicle (NEV) in the domestic and international market and rising demand for analog chips used in automotive electronics are promoting the development of the studied market. For instance, according to the China Association of Automobile Manufacturers (CAAM), around 2.9 million battery electric vehicles in 2021, an increase of 166 percent compared to 2020. In 2021, about 601,000 plug-in electric vehicles were produced in China.
- The growth of the automotive industry is driving the demand for analog ICs, which in turn is encouraging IC manufacturers to expand their production capacities further and develop innovative solutions. For instance, in August 2022, Analog IC foundry GTA Semiconductor started its capacity expansion project in the LingangSpecial Area in the Shanghai Pilot Free Trade Zone, with plans to set up new production lines for automotive chips.
- However, the automobile industry in Japan is heavily affected by the persisting semiconductor shortage. Many Japanese auto manufacturers have announced the intent to reduce the production of vehicles. According to the Japan Automobile Dealers Association and the Japan Mini Vehicles Association, domestic new vehicle sales in October 2021 declined 31.3% from the same month last year to 279,341 units, a record low for October since the statistics began in 1968.
- The analog IC market in China has also expanded with the development of communications, consumer electronics, and other industries. According to the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, the number of 5G base stations in use across China had exceeded 1.85 million by the second quarter of 2022. The country added nearly 300,000 5G base stations in the year's second quarter.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Analog Integrated Circuit (IC) Industry Overview
The competition in the Global Analog Integrated Circuit (IC) Market is anticipated to grow moderately during the forecast period. Manufacturers compete based on product innovation and technology differentiation. Many companies are increasingly investing in developing analog ICs to gain the first-mover advantage and a competitive edge. The key players in the market are Analog Devices Inc., Infineon Technologies AG, Microchip Technology Inc., etc.
- May 2022 - Infineon Technologies AG launched the WLC1115 transmitter controller ICs to help designers overcome the challenges of modern wireless power transfer and serve the crucial application requirements. When it comes to a wide range of applications like industrial and consumer that demand state-of-the-art Qi-standard compliance, the WLC1115 transmitter controller IC and companion reference design for wireless charging is the ideal solution.
- May 2022 - Analog Devices Inc. announced its collaboration to provide model libraries for DC/DC ICs and µModule (micromodule) regulators with Synopsys' industry-leading simulation tool, Saber, part of Synopsys' virtual prototyping solution. With this new library in the Saber system-level simulation system, powertrain designers for products such as electric vehicles, avionic machines, instrumentation equipment, and supercomputers could perform accurate multi-domain simulations with precision and speed, accelerating the design process and time-to-market.
- February 2022 - Silicon Storage Technology (SST), a Microchip Technology subsidiary, is addressing the difficulties of performing AI functions like computer vision and speech recognition by drastically decreasing power consumption using their analog memory technology, the memBrain neuromorphic memory solution. Microchip's analog flash memory solution, based on its industry-proven SuperFlash technology and optimized to perform vector-matrix multiplication (VMM) for neural networks, improves system architecture implementation of VMM through an analog in-memory computing approach, enhancing AI inference at the edge.
Analog Integrated Circuit (IC) Market Leaders
Analog Devices Inc.
Infineon Technologies AG
Microchip Technology Inc
NXP Semiconductors NV
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Analog Integrated Circuit (IC) Market News
- August 2022 - Infineon Technologies AG expanded its portfolio of high-bandwidth, low-pin-count memory solutions with the addition of HYPERRAM 3.0. The device includes a new 16-bit extended HyperBusinterface, which doubles throughput to 800 MBps. Infineon's HYPERRAM 3.0 platform provides a range of high-bandwidth memory with reduced pin count and power consumption. It is ideal for applications needing extension RAM, such as video buffering, industrial automation, AI of Things, and automotive vehicle-to-everything (V2X), as well as applications requiring scratch-pad memory for intensive mathematical computations.
- August 2022 - Microchip Technology added the SMC 2000 series of Compute Express Link (CXL)-based Smart Memory Controllers to its serial-attached memory controller portfolio, allowing CPUs, GPUs, and SoCs to link DDR4 or DDR5 memory through CXL interfaces. By allowing current CPUs to optimize application workloads, this technology could provide greater memory bandwidth per core and more memory capacity per core. It could decrease the total cost of ownership (TCO) in the data center.
- June 2022 - ADI announced the industry’s first high-resolution, industrial quality, indirect Time-of-Flight (iToF) module for 3D depth sensing and vision systems. With enabling cameras and sensors to perceive 3D space in one-megapixel resolution, the new ADTF3175 module could offer highly accurate +/-3mm iToF technology available for machine vision applications ranging from industrial automation to logistics, healthcare, and augmented reality.
Analog Integrated Circuit (IC) Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.2.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Industry Value/Supply Chain Analysis
4.4 Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Rising Penetration of Smartphones, Feature Phones, and Tablets
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 Increasing Design Complexity of Analog IC
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Type
6.1.1 General-Purpose IC
126.96.36.199 Power Management
188.8.131.52 Signal Conversion
184.108.40.206 Amplifiers/Comparators (Signal Conditioning)
6.1.2 By Application-Specific IC
220.127.116.11.2 Digital Still Camera and Camcorder
18.104.22.168.3 Other Consumer
22.214.171.124.2 Other Infotainment
126.96.36.199.1 Cell Phone
188.8.131.52.3 Wired Communication
184.108.40.206.4 Short Range
220.127.116.11.5 Other Wireless
18.104.22.168.1 Computer System and Display
22.214.171.124.2 Computer Periphery
126.96.36.199.4 Other Computer
188.8.131.52 Industrial and Others
6.2 By Geography
6.2.5 Rest of the World
7. VENDOR MARKET SHARE ANALYSIS
8. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
8.1 Company Profiles*
8.1.1 Analog Devices Inc.
8.1.2 Infineon Technologies AG
8.1.3 Microchip Technology Inc.
8.1.4 NXP Semiconductors NV
8.1.5 ON Semiconductor
8.1.6 Richtek Technology Corporation (MediaTek Inc.)
8.1.7 Skyworks Solutions Inc.
8.1.8 Stmicroelectronics NV
8.1.9 Renesas Electronics Corporation
8.1.10 Texas Instruments Incorporated
8.1.11 Qorvo Inc.
9. PRICING ANALYSIS OF ANALOG IC MARKET
10. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
11. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
Analog Integrated Circuit (IC) Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Analog Integrated Circuit (IC) Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Analog Integrated Circuit (IC) Market?
The Analog Integrated Circuit (IC) Market is growing at a CAGR of 7.28% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Analog Integrated Circuit (IC) Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2018 - 2028.
Which region has largest share in Analog Integrated Circuit (IC) Market?
Asia Pacific holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Analog Integrated Circuit (IC) Market?
Analog Devices Inc., Infineon Technologies AG, Microchip Technology Inc, NXP Semiconductors NV, ON Semiconductor are the major companies operating in Analog Integrated Circuit (IC) Market.
Global Analog Integrated Circuit (IC) Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Global Analog Integrated Circuit (IC) market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Global Analog Integrated Circuit (IC) analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.