The Africa agricultural robots and mechatronics market estimated at USD XX billion in 2015 is projected to reach USD XX billion by 2020, at a CAGR of 4.7% over the forecast period 2015-2020. Agricultural robots and mechatronics are machines used in agriculture to substitute human labor and perform tasks (from plowing to harvesting) better than humans. This machinery is designed to operate in all weather conditions, restricted environments and in crops as well as animal farms. UAVs lead the market here.
The primary driver of the market is the need to increase yields and eliminate inefficient practices. The major driving factor behind the market is the necessity to increase yields and reduce costs at the same time. They vastly reduce human intervention, are much more efficient, help avoidance of harmful effects of chemicals used in agriculture on humans, and are able to work in all weather conditions. The major hurdle in the market is the affordability. Robots and mechatronics are a huge investment for farmers in comparison to cheap labor. Various farms require various farming methods and the same robot cannot be used for all types of farms. This pushes research and overhead costs for the manufacturing companies, thus increasing prices. Even though the market is in its early stages, the research is progressing rapidly and over the coming years a wide variety of solutions may come into existence.
The market is segmented into autonomous tractors, UAVs, agrochemical applicators, robotic milking devices and others depending on the type of usage. Usage area segmentation is done by animal farming, crop production, forest control etc. Market studies show that crop production is the largest segment in terms of revenue. It is also growing at a faster rate in comparison to others. Robotic milking devices are widespread due to their convenience.
South Africa is the largest market in terms of revenue in the African region. The growing population and decreasing farmlands make this a region with immense opportunity.
Key Industry Players
The leading companies in this market are:
- Autonomous Solutions (ASI)
- Autonomous Tractor Corporation
- CNH Industrial
- GEA Group
- Harvest Automation
- John Deere
- Trimble Navigation
Major companies are making sound investments in this market and new ones are innovating continuously. Robots and mechatronics may bring a revolution in agricultural practices.
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the Africa agricultural robots and mechatronics market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on regional and national scales.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a regional and national scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Africa agricultural robots and mechatronics market on both regional and national scales.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- Wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights into the major countries in which this industry is growing and identifying the nations still untapped.
Table of Contents
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Report Description
2. Market Overview
2.1 Market Dynamics
220.127.116.11 Increase in Yields with Efficient Practices
18.104.22.168 Shortage and Increasing Costs of Labor
22.214.171.124 All Weather Working Ability of Robots
126.96.36.199 Harmful Effects of Agrochemicals on Humans
188.8.131.52 High Cost of Robotic Machinery
184.108.40.206 Unproven Solutions in Some Areas
220.127.116.11 Specificity of Robotic Machinery to Crops
18.104.22.168 Increasing Research and Development
22.214.171.124 Growing Adoption of Robotic Machinery in Agriculture
2.1.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
126.96.36.199 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
188.8.131.52 Bargaining Power of Buyers
184.108.40.206 Threat of New Entrants
220.127.116.11 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
18.104.22.168 Degree of Competition
3. Market Segmentation
3.1 By Type
3.1.1 Autonomous Tractors
3.1.2 Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV)
3.1.3 Agrochemical Application
3.1.4 Robotic Milking
3.2 By Application
3.2.1 Animal Farming
3.2.2 Crop Production
3.2.3 Forest Control
3.3 By Geography
22.214.171.124 South Africa
4. Competitive Landscape
4.1 Market Share Analysis
4.2 Major Strategies Adopted by Companies
4.3 Most Active Companies in the Past Five Years
5.1 3D Robotics
5.6 Autonomous Solutions (ASI)
5.7 Autonomous Tractor Corporation
5.8 AutoProbe Technologies
5.9 Blue River Technology
5.10 BouMatic Robotics
5.12 Clearpath Robotics
5.13 CNH Industrial
5.14 Conic System
5.16 Emerging Players
5.17 GEA Group
5.18 Harvest Automation
5.19 John Deere
5.20 Kinze Manufacturing, Inc.
5.22 MAF Roda Agrobotic
5.23 Naio Technologies
5.27 Shibuya Seiki
5.28 Trimble Navigation
5.29 Vision Robotics
5.30 Vitirover SJCS
5.32 Yaskawa Electric Corporation
5.33 Yamaha Motor Company